PDA

View Full Version : those "other" games

NAILBAT
02-03-2004, 03:17 AM
anyone here a racing game fan? my current racer is sega gt/tokyo xtreme racer...:beer:

edczxcvbnm
02-03-2004, 03:52 AM
Nope...I am not much of a racing fan. I like Mario Kart but that is about it. To me it is like sports games and just way too repeative for me.

Shoyku
02-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Not much of a fan of racers, the only exception would probably be Burnout 2.

krissy
02-03-2004, 05:51 AM
ridge racer!!!1111

Rainecloud
02-03-2004, 07:35 AM
I enjoy silly racing games such as Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart, but I really detest the realistic racing games like Gran Turismo. They bore me to death, and they're far too difficult.

They're great if you're a fan of the sport, though.

Xander
02-03-2004, 11:14 AM
I like rally games more than racing games in general, stuff like ColinMcRae, I find them really fun and challenging, the areas and replays are cool too.
I don't like other racing games much, Gran Turismo is alright to play against a friend from time to time, but the actual game mode is too complicated for me =P

Breine
02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Yes, I kinda am... I own some of the Ridge Racer games...

Modigliani
02-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Gran Tourismo 3, Rallisport Challenge, TOCA: Race Driver. My favourite games at LANs. Among my group of friends, no other genre can stir up such amounts of yelling and fighting. Ramming the #1 driver into a ditch just a few carlengths from the finish line and slide up as the winner of the race is like asking for a beating. It's fun though. :D

Flying Mullet
02-03-2004, 06:42 PM
I love the Gran Tourismo series.

And for pure fun, Rock 'N Roll Racing can't be beat :rock:

Jalbrean
02-04-2004, 01:49 AM
Yeah I like to race every now and then. I've been playing Need for Speed: Underground, and Project Gotham Racing 2 lately.

NAILBAT
02-04-2004, 03:46 AM
And for pure fun, Rock 'N Roll Racing can't be beat :beer:

demi_god
02-04-2004, 06:07 AM
I wouldn't really call myself a big "fan" of racing games, but I certainly do like them plenty. I guess one of the reasons as to why I don't label myself a fan is cos I'm generally poor at these types of games, so that in order to play them, and play them well, it takes a lot of effort from my part.

Other than that, I really do like them because I think that most of them are pretty fun. Some are terribly addictive (GT series), others make you competitive (MK ^__^), others are simply stunning (PG) and some just give you a nice "rush" (NfS). So, yes... I think that just about every racing game has something unique to offer. But then again, I feel that way about just every game. ^__^;

Oh, and currently, Mario Kart: DD and Project Gotham are my favorite racers. =)

escobert
02-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Nascar thunder 2003! WOOOOOOHOOOOO I KICK !

Mr. Graves
02-07-2004, 04:07 PM
I play Gran Turismo if I just want to race. I still think GT1 is the best out of all of them.

I play Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 if I want the cops after me as I race. I end up playing NFS: HP2 more than GT because I like the element of resistance as I race. Plus, the soundtrack is kick- .

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 02:29 AM
I like racing games I don't have that many though. I have Nascar Challenge for the gameboy Color, Crash Team Racing for The Psone, Mario Kart 64, and Mario Kart Super Circuit for Game Boy Advanced.

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 03:16 AM
eh. I like some racing games, like SMK.

Mo-Nercy
03-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Need For Speed Underground is my current favourite. I've got about 100K reputation in drag racing now.

I used to play a lot of Initial D but it's too easy IMO. Once you have your perfect Integra, the game kinda gets boring.

I'm also pretty good at Daytona USA.