PDA

View Full Version : Which contry should I be in..?

White Mage Nico
02-03-2004, 10:36 AM
I heard that when you start the game, you choose a country, which one should I choose?? x.x Or does it depend on my Race?:roll: :excited: :joey: :aimgrin: :aimsmile: :) ;) :yellowkin :yap: :lol:

Bahamut2000X
02-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Well theres different ways to go about choosing your country. If your gonna be a warrior Bastok is the best most people say, if your a monk San D'oria seems to be a nice choice. And if you are a mage of sorts Windurst is the best for you. Although that's not to say a black mage couldn't do good in Bastok or San D'oria.

Although you could go by your race for the ring you get for starting out in your home country. (Elves-San D'oria, Humes, Galkas- Bastok, Mithra, Tarutaru- Windurst.) The ring only adds a few stats to your guy, and becoems out dated the second you get 2 other rings. So it's not all that special.

White Mage Nico
02-03-2004, 03:01 PM
well, I want to be in a country with nice ppl instead of ending up in some place with millions of hackers and spammers lol. (I am going to be an Elvaan or hume White Mage Secondary job Black mage):greenie:

Flying Mullet
02-03-2004, 03:17 PM
I played in Windhurst and everyone was friendly. A lot depends upon which server you play on. If you check out the Glorious Alliance, they can get you on their server and you'll be sitting pretty. I don't know the link, but if you check the signatures of the people that post in the FFXI forums, you should find lots of links there.

White Mage Nico
02-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Ah Windurst...land of the Taru Taru... lol, which server were you on when you saw these Friendly ppl? and are there alot of ppl in that place? :eek:

Flying Mullet
02-03-2004, 10:20 PM
I was on Leviathan, and people were friendly and weren't spamming up the place with useless chat. A lot of cool people play on MidgarSomr (or whatever it's called) with the Glorious Alliance (a group of people that have a website, forums, etc...). Again, check other threads in the FFXI forums and you should find lots of people with links to the Glorious Alliance and they can get you a world pass and help you get set up to play with them.

White Mage Nico
02-04-2004, 04:11 AM
Ok, now I know where I am going! Country, Windurst. Server, Leviathan! Job, White Mage, Secondary Job, Black Mage! Race, ....um............................I guess a Hume! Since they are so balanced lol

:D :rolleyes2 :tongue: :greenie: ;) :):love: :laugh: :joey: :roll: :rolleyes: :scary: :riiight: :lol: :aimcry: :aimsun: :aimhappy: :aimsmile: :aimgrin: :yap: :sleepy: :bgl: :thumb: :greenking :biggrin: :angel: :excited: :tongue: :jap:

I am now the person who has used every smiling emotocon in 1 post

White Mage Nico
02-04-2004, 04:39 AM
:choc:

Ichy
02-04-2004, 04:50 AM
The Windurst Liberation Army (http://www.windurst.tk) is a Windurst only Linkshell on Midgardsormr, too. ;)

This server is pretty awesome. Lotsa people, even mix of JP and NA players, so there's always alot on at all times and just about every level range is represented in large numbers. Lots of NA beta players, too, so there's quite a bit of first hand knowledge floating around that some non-beta players may not have gotten around to picking up yet. I try to learn about a new thing or two every session I play, if I can help it, and most players are happy to oblidge when they're not in a rush to meet a team or do some quest or mission somewhere.

As for friendliness, there are always a few dicks floating around here and there, that's a given, but there doesn't seem to be too many at all on Midgardsormr. Most times if you run into one here and there you can just leave him/her on their own and sooner or later, after enough people ditch them, they figure it out or disappear completely. They just don't fit in on Midgardsormr, so the attitude is never around for too long. Just do your best to refrain from cussing along back at them, it only encourages the growth of their kind. ;)

And now for the propaganda...

Windurst, ah the lovely forest city of Taru and Mithra alike... One of the best nations for low level characters to aquire Gil buying and selling and a paradise for collecting Spells, Weaving Components (from mobs), and a good laugh (the Taru NPCs talk like idiots). Notably the only home town without severely irritating music, you will actually be able to play with the music on for more than five minutes at a time without wanting to kick something really hard close to your chair.

Bastok, the mining town, and proverbial hole in the ground. To it's credit it is a decent looking place... Until you get to the Mines sector of town, where it almost looks as though the town's architects got lazy and did a hurried job to "finish" the place up. Do not be decieved! In actuality, it is built as such intentionally in order to represent the growing racial conflict therein, as the Humes have their fellow Galkan citizens living in ramshackle slums. The Port sector, as well, has a large piece with scaffolding erected and a foreman that has yet to be found... So, unless Square works new meshes and re-vamps the entire town's attitude (and subsequently the entire world history), why would you want to live in a pit mine/construction zone crawling with rascist NPC's? Also of note, several of the quests for Bastok invlove dumping you on top of a mountain, or out in a field 3 zones away, with no way to get a chocobo and nothing but a 20 minute run back to town on foot for a shabby reward you can only get one at a time. One such quest even involves you standing at a campfire (can't leave it unattended) where Goblins spawn regularly.

San d'Oria, land of the Elvaans, where not only do many of the NPCs treat outsiders like dirt, but they even look down upon some of their fellow residents of non-Elvaan heritage. Under normal circumstances I feel that the bagpipes can be a relatively nice sounding instrument, however the music in this town is appaling, to say the least. After listening to the music in this city loop a third time I immediately turned it off. The quests here don't pay very well until you can hunt for Tiger Fangs, at which point getting to San d'Oria from any other nation is a trivial task for the seasoned adventurer. The layout of this town, as well, is very awkward in it's navigation. For some destinations in town expect to get to where your map says you need to go with some effort, spend annother five minutes wondering how to get in, and then don't be suprised if the NPC you're searching for is either standing 2 or 3 rooms away or even standing outside the place through a door other than the one you came in.

* - While typing this up in notepad I see now that you have already chosen Windurst, and let me be the first to shake your hand. *shakes Nico's hand* I'm still going to post this for anyone else's future reference ;)

Lionx
02-04-2004, 08:52 AM
I would say that Windurst's places are spread out abit so you need to walk maybe a bit more to go to areas, but there are warping NPCs in town that move u from zone to zone easier, tho at times i find it annoying having to walk pretty far..i am lazy XP. Windurst is also on the other continent of the two, and unlike the bigger continent on the west, theres only one nation on the east and can make traveling a bit annoying too, but a choco can ususally take you to wher eu need to go once you pass jeuno, or take a ship.

White Mage Nico
02-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks you guys! Oh, Ichy, whats your Server? When my bro gets FFXI in mid april (Yes...april) I would like to game with you! lol, I think that in Windurst I am going to try and find a good price for a chocobo license, since its so big! My server will probably be Leviathan, I will buy a world pass in there for you if I cant get in to your server.

White Mage Nico
02-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Ok, here is my future FFXI profile...

Race:Hume
Job:White Mage
Second Job: Black Mage

Now my Location Profile.

Server:Leviathan

FFXI WILL ROCK!!

Nishii
02-04-2004, 03:41 PM
don't be an elvaan mage you wont be able to aford the cost of mp adding items when you first start out.
elvaan have low mp way low my first char was an elvaan whm and i hated it ~-~ i didn't have 150K for a ring that would give me 25 more mp. all so ppl won't pt with you that much and all so make fun of you behind your back and treat you like your a retared noob.

i know it sounds mean but its ture.... that jp are mean at lest on my sever.......

And about a chocobo you need to do a quest when your lvl 20 only you have to feed a chocobo in jeuno.
you can only ride a chocobo when your lvl 15 if you have the licsons but you can only ride at lvl 15 from stables in town...

Ichy
02-04-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm on Midgardsormr and I can definately not leave it, my whole guild is here and I'm holding the Linkshell until Grandlethal gets the PS2 release in March sometime. In addition, I love the server I'm on, I've made friends here in all nations and I love playing with and for my fellow members of the WLA. If you want to join up with us, however, we can always try to get you on Midgardsormr. Ask around if anyone has a spare WP Password. Otherwise, WPs are seriously not cheap on my server and I'm only really buying one when our PS2 members start trickling into the game... Playing both SAM/WAR and DRG/SAM as mains on my one character has kind of left me strapped for cash under even the best circumstances. Until then, get to know the lay of the land, experiment with jobs. Once you get up to a certain point of self aquired knowledgability it takes no time at all to get back up to 10 from scratch, and after doing a few repeatable quests for cash getting back up to the the 18-20 range is a breeze.

Nishii
02-04-2004, 04:25 PM
any one need wp to sylph there cheep on my server like 2.5k :/

White Mage Nico
02-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I said Hume not Elvaan!! lol:eek:

Electric Barbarella
02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Yay Windurst! :mog:

White Mage Nico
02-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Hurray for Windurst! :) :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes2 :love: :greenie: :tongue: :rolleyes: :laugh: :joey: :roll: :angel: :excited: :beer: :biggrin: :greenking :thumb: :bgl: :happybday :upsidedow :hat: :joker: :yellowkin :jap: :lovers: :yap: :sleepy: :giddy: :goofy: :kiss: :laughing: :lol: :riiight: Incase you havn't noticed, the crowd is happy, and 1 person is going to sleep, while some are freaked out by my destination!