PDA

View Full Version : sumon conflict

FInalfantasyfinatic4
02-03-2004, 10:37 PM
ok heres the deal. i was realy disapointed wen they took my fav summon quetzacoalt out of the ff ix, and they limited the summons even more in x and they just didnt even have any in x-2

Flying Mullet
02-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Well Quetzacoatl was a new summon in FFVIII, it had been Ramuh in the games before that. After VII they started to play with the summoning system more and more, both with different summons and with what their impact on the game was.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
02-03-2004, 10:44 PM
well i say that they should keep questzalcoalt because he was good in ff vlll and so was siren and diablo. but i think they should of broughtthe ones they didnt use in ff lx into ff x.

Advent Child
02-03-2004, 11:47 PM
They don't keep the effective ones in the game really, because they usually have an entirely different effect in a different game. they change things so it isn't boring. If they were all the same then wouldn't you get bored?

SomethingBig
02-03-2004, 11:59 PM
FFX lacked so many of the great summon monsters, like Maduin(Madeen) and Leviathan. It would've been so awesome to control them.

Breine
02-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SomethingBig
FFX lacked so many of the great summon monsters, like Maduin(Madeen) and Leviathan. It would've been so awesome to control them.

I totally agree on that (especially on Leviathan)!

TheSpoonyBard
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
You'd think if Quezacotl was your favourite summon you'd at least get his name right! :D

I would like to have seen Diablos, Eden and Knights of the Round (not sure how you'd control them!) making a return in FFX, along with the regulars like Leviathan, Ramuh (instead of the zombie-horse Ixion), and Odin instead of Yojimbo. For me the summons were the best part of the previous games, although I never used them all that much, save Knights of the Round, and I think Square made a big mistake by limiting the number in X to 10, as oppossed VI where there were at least 20. Square, if you're listening, bring back the summons!

SomethingBig
02-04-2004, 09:32 PM
The Knights of the Round could've been just like when your regular characters are out. You have 3 in the beginning and you can switch around whenever you feel like it... Although, that would be pretty darn unfair.

Psychotic
02-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by SomethingBig

I've said all this before but, FFX was the first FF with summons not to include Leviathan and Odin in. And like I have said before, it makes sense to include a water aeon after going on about the four opposing elements. And of course, Yojimbo is some sort of weird Samurai version of Odin, when they just should have kept with the original.

Advent Child
02-05-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Darkness
Knights of the Round
It would be really cool if you had a party of 13 people and it worked like FFX-2 where you can battle basically at the same time. Just beatdown.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
02-06-2004, 03:53 PM
lol yea that would me kool

but still i mean i wouldnt mind theey bring back leviathin and quezacoalt cause they wre awesom i just hope they uses sumons in Xii

playaGAW
02-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
I've said all this before but, FFX was the first FF with summons not to include Leviathan and Odin in. And like I have said before, it makes sense to include a water aeon after going on about the four opposing elements. And of course, Yojimbo is some sort of weird Samurai version of Odin, when they just should have kept with the original.
Leviathon wasn't in FF6.

black orb
02-08-2004, 01:13 AM
>>> I think is a good thing put new summon/esper/GF/aeon or whatever their names are in every FF.
Besides Bahamut (the best and a true classic), sometimes I get tired to see the same dudes over and over again..

Xander
02-08-2004, 01:32 AM
I don't like using summons too much, odd maybe but it doesn't bother me that much if they disappear. It would make a change. I liked them in VII but in X I just felt like there was too much you could do with them.

Sure it was good because it was a different approach, but you could basically just use summons instead of characters, teach them everything, and so on. I prefer them to be able to do one thing, then just go again. To just use them in moderation I guess. So yeah, I like summons but I won't miss them too much in X-2.