PDA

View Full Version : Mp3's

gokufusionss1
02-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Can anyone suggest a good selection of simple and easy of file sharing programs so i can download MP3's to "back up":aimwink: my CD's

Edit i need to make these speech marks larger:aimwink:

Bulldog
02-04-2004, 05:04 PM
If you want to back up your CDs, then why don't you buy some CD-Rs and start backing them up? Or if you want to listen to them on your computer without popping in the CD everytime, then use CDex, or something similar, to make mp3s of the tracks you like. Much easier.

jrgen
02-04-2004, 05:34 PM
My favourite file-sharing program is Soulseek.
It's a german program originally for Metal music.

Shlup
02-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
If you want to back up your CDs, then why don't you buy some CD-Rs and start backing them up? Or if you want to listen to them on your computer without popping in the CD everytime, then use CDex, or something similar, to make mp3s of the tracks you like. Much easier. BECAUSE HE DOESN'T REALLY WANT TO BACK UP ANYTHING HE WANTS TO STEAL MUSIC OMG

Uhm, I just use KaZaA but I hear SoulSeek is better.

jrgen
02-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Depeds on what you're after.
You can find rarer stuff on Soulseek,
but if you want mtv-material you're better of with kazaa.

gokufusionss1
02-04-2004, 09:43 PM
kazaa wouldn't install for me thats why i was asking, thanks for the info on soulseek but i also found limewire after a couple of hours and so far thats turned up every song i've searched for.

Bulldog
02-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
BECAUSE HE DOESN'T REALLY WANT TO BACK UP ANYTHING HE WANTS TO STEAL MUSIC OMGOMG WINMX AM GOAL CUZ SOULSEEK IZ DA SPYWAREZ

Been some time ago since I last used Soulseek, though. Maybe the spyware has been removed. Limewire contains spyware too.... The last time I used it, it did that is.

Merph
02-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Direct connect works well for me... you can usually find loads of full albums on there.

Bulldog
02-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Unless you know what hubs to join, I won't recommend using Direct Connect.

Rainecloud
02-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm one of those posters that tells you to buy the CD.

Buy the CD.

Shlup
02-06-2004, 05:53 AM
Steal the CD, buy the t-shirt.

Lindy
02-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Steal the CD, buy a cheap knock-off T-shirt, but at least pay to see the band live.

Big Ogre Umaro
02-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Guys I want to "back up":aimwink: my money supply. Does anyone know the proper procedure for knocking off a liquor store?

eestlinc
02-08-2004, 01:11 AM
You'll probably get the viruses you deserve from using those file sharing programs. xD Besides, mp3s sound like crap. If you don't want to buy the cd, at least copy it from someone who has bought it.

Sean
02-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Just buy the cd, you cheap bastard. :D

one_winged_angel
02-08-2004, 11:15 AM
WinMX is teh r0><><0r5 get it. now! I DON'T SEE DOWNLOADING!

TheAbominatrix
02-08-2004, 12:02 PM
WinMx is very good. SoulSeek does not have any spy or adware, I dont know where you got that from. It's better for rarer tracks like jrgen mentioned, I found stuff I could never find on WinMx. WinMx is better control wise, you can single out what kind of file you're looking for (music, video, text, pictures), which you cant do on SoulSeek.

Bulldog
02-08-2004, 02:35 PM
It's been a couple of years since I've used Soulseek, and back then, it did have adware.

gokufusionss1
02-08-2004, 08:52 PM
A: i don't buy singles

B: if i want the album i'll buy it on CD

C: you buy knock off t-shirts from the live shows

D: if you want to knock off a liquor store use a shot gun and some ski masks, peeper spray is useful for stoping any have a go hero's.

E: the music buisness has allready had over £1500 from me in CD's and poor quality t-shirts so i'm hardly judas

Lindy
02-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by GokuKid749876
Guys I want to "back up":aimwink: my money supply. Does anyone know the proper procedure for knocking off a liquor store?

If you want to back up your <s>CDs</s> money, then why don't you buy some <s>CD-Rs</s> printers and start backing <s>them</s> it up? Or if you want to <s>listen to them on your computer</s> make it yourself without popping <s>in the CD</s> a cap in the guys in the stores everytime, then use <s>CDex</s> the Mafia, or something similar, to make <s>mp3s</s> copies of the <s>tracks</s> notes you like. Much easier.

Chzn8r
02-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
AM GOAL

:laugh: I haven't heard anyone use that in so long! I forgot how funny that was! :laugh:

The Man
02-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by GokuKid749876
Originally posted by Lindz
If you want to back up your <s>CDs</s> money, then why don't you buy some <s>CD-Rs</s> printers and start backing <s>them</s> it up? Or if you want to <s>listen to them on your computer</s> make it yourself without popping <s>in the CD</s> a cap in the guys in the stores everytime, then use <s>CDex</s> the Mafia, or something similar, to make <s>mp3s</s> copies of the <s>tracks</s> notes you like. Much easier. rofl

I'm with the "go to the concert" crowd myself, unless a group is on an indie label. Buying the CDs barely gives the artists any extra money (unless the group is on an indie label I guess), and the day I willingly support the actions of the RIAA as of late is the day the sun turns green. I'm not much of an mp3 fan though, if I can find a legitimate copy of the CD from someone who actually owns it then I'd much rather burn that than download the whole album from Soulseek.

Bulldog
02-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Copyright infringement, eh, Lindz? You're going to regret it once I SUE YOUR PANTS OFF!

What exactly prevents you from using Kazaa anyway, Gokufuss? Seems to me, that you're not after extremely rare stuff anyway, maybe we can solve that Kazaa problem of yours.