PDA

View Full Version : AGGHH!!! WHAT THE CRAP!?!?

katana
02-05-2004, 01:39 AM
What the hell happened to my systems?!?!
My Gamecube and PS2 wont play. Gamecube says to reset and check the manual, and the PS2 says to insert a PS2 disk. This means they are both messed up. Is there a problem with the VCR, adaptor, or what?

Bulldog
02-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Maybe you just need to cleanse the lenses.

edczxcvbnm
02-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Its the systems...or your discs are scratched like all hell. I would call up customer support or what ever and see if they can help and then see if they will fix it for free. Give them a world of SH!T if they don't. They will eventually give in. Threaten to buy a different system instead and what not.

It might not work on sony so much but it will probably work on nintendo as they are not doing all that hot and can't afford to lose any support.

Rainecloud
02-06-2004, 07:30 AM
You should be thankful that your Gamecube won't play.

As for your PS2? What Ed said. Your discs are probably scratched to death.

katana
02-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Well, the Gamecube is my sisters, and she had messed up the memory cards or something, but its running fine now. The PS2, though is doing the evil evil blue disk probelm. Thats where a blue disk will make all these really wierd noises inside the disk tray, and it won't spin right or anything. But I tried a blue disk game, and the PS2 didnt even recognize that it was a PS2 disk. And I also tried Dynasty Warriors 4, which is a normal disk. It loaded to the point where it says Playsation 2, and then the screen stayed black and the disk made all these weird noises. Whats happening here?

edczxcvbnm
02-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Call up sony.

1-800-345-SONY

katana
02-06-2004, 04:03 PM
will i have to pay anything to call?

edczxcvbnm
02-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by katana
will i have to pay anything to call?

I would imagine not...its a customer service/support line. I don't know for sure as I have not ever had to call them. Look in your PS2 manual that came with your system. Go ask them online.

Del Murder
02-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Make sure they're plugged in first.

BatChao
02-06-2004, 11:16 PM
This happened to my friend's PS2 as well. What we did is turn the PS2 on it's side and it fixed the problem. Dunno why. On it's side meanint the PS2 would be standing vertical. I dunno if it'll work for you, but that's what we did and it worked after that, but as soon as you turned it horizontal again, it wouldn't play the blue disks.

black orb
02-07-2004, 04:45 AM
>>> Your Ps2 isnt chiped right?
mod-chips in new PS2 cause this same problem too..

Kirobaito
02-07-2004, 05:50 AM
I've had the same problem before. I called Sony, even though my warranty was up, and they said that they would fix it for free, not even shipping. They didn't want me to get a bad impression of them, I guess.