PDA

View Full Version : Kuja (SPOILER)

luke webster
02-05-2004, 01:19 PM
My question is... what happens to Kuja at the end of FFIX? You see Zidane jumping down to help him, then everything goes black. The final FMV shows Zidane alive and well, but nothing about Kuja. Is this some sly plan by Square to produce a sequel? If so wouldn't it be great to actually play as Kuja? Thats what i think.

Zifnab
02-05-2004, 03:18 PM
I think they just left it open to keep you wondering. Much of FFIX is a very open ended ending, like what happened to Vivi, or the planet(s) for that matter.

PeTeRL90
02-05-2004, 05:20 PM
The second choice is out of the question, since he destroyed Terra when he went into Trance mode, and that's mainly accurate since Mikoto said he destroyed it. And I'm not sure about the third choice, since he seemed to have a change of heart. I just had to get technical. :p

But my guess is that Zidane tried to get him out of the Iifa Tree, but died along the way.

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2004, 07:43 PM
My vote was that he died during Zidane's attempt to save him from the Iifa Tree, otherwise he would have had a mention in the ending.

zacks_clone
02-06-2004, 02:29 AM
I think he died,as if to pay for his mistakes that he made and finnaly being able to let go must have been nice for him

Mo-Nercy
02-06-2004, 07:20 AM
Since he, Mikoto and Zidane are the strongest genomes. They probably became Gaia's superheros, saving the world from any further baddies. :D

Reeva
02-06-2004, 12:41 PM
I think he died "on Zidane hands" in the Ifa Tree.

Thaliel
02-06-2004, 08:55 PM
He survived and has come with Zidane, youm just don't see him 'cause he's afraid to show himself *awwww*

Vaprice
02-06-2004, 11:26 PM
I would think hat he died. After a long battle with your own party characters. Plus he had a like incredible, super trance which would probably take a lot out of your own energy. So I would think that he couldnt get up and run out with Zidane. yet ya never know.

Thaliel
02-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Yupp, you can never know...BTW, I did a fic with my answer to this topic
http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1504728 (The way back)
(shameless self-advertisment)
It's a little crappy, though, but the sequel's better.

Lord Xehanort
02-07-2004, 02:37 PM
I voted that he died because it just made the most sense. He was an evil prick and got killed by mother nature. It works.

zacks_clone
02-08-2004, 05:16 PM
nothings fully evil.( man,that sounded lame). I believe he died because he chose to.He did great damage on both planets,he had killed many people,hurt a great many people and destroyed dreams of others.I think he knew his mistake and knew he'd now never be accepted anywhere,so he decided it best to die.

little devil
06-10-2004, 01:59 PM
he died in the lifa tree

Cz
06-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Logically, it's hard to believe that he died, since Zidane was protecting him, and would have taken the brunt of the tree's attack. If he survived, Kuja would too.

From a story-telling point of view, though, I'd say he died, as he was never seen again. Plus, he finally made peace with Zidane, and people tend to die at moments like that. :D

Skoal
06-11-2004, 09:58 AM
If anything, he died in the Lifa tree. Didn't Garland say something like Kuja was going to die after zidane became more powerful?

Del Murder
06-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Yeah. If the party didn't kill him I think Garland said he was going to die anyway, that's why he didn't care about destroying everything.

The Man
06-27-2004, 12:47 AM
I always assumed he died in the Iifa Tree. Either way, he didn't have long to live.