PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question. Again.

Strider
02-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I know you're supposed to kill a whole smattering of enemies to make Vincent's Death Penalty stronger but. . . man, how many things are you supposed to kill? I don't want to be wastin' a whole lot of time, you know.

And for semi-related reference, how is the power for Limited Moon and Venus Gospel determined?

Mo-Nercy
02-07-2004, 09:45 AM
I think it's worth wasting time killing stuff with Vincent to power up enemies. It doesn't take that long.

Both Limited Moon and Venus Gospel are powered by MP, I believe.

Nimrook
02-18-2004, 01:24 AM
I saw this formula on another site:

Damage = (Strength * 10) + (Level * 10) + (enemies killed)

But then the attack stat of every weapon is also added to strength, is it not? And the Death Penalty has a 99 Atk stat, so that gives you a good start.

I don't see how level really fits into the formula because your strength stat increases as you level up, but I'm not gonna dispute it because I hardly used Vincent myself and so the Death Penalty was pathetic for me. :p

It gave the example of Vincent at level 75 with a 62 Strength stat having killed 500 enemies should do ~2000HP damage per turn. So you'll need to get his strength up a bit, and you've got a LOT of enemies to kill if this actually is the right formula. If you've been using Vincent throughout the game then it shouldn't be too big a problem, but if not it could take a while. =\

ForeverZeroUltima
02-20-2004, 08:15 PM
i don't know where to get the Venus Gospel or the Parasol....X_X

Del Murder
02-20-2004, 08:53 PM
The Venus Gospel is in Rocket Town. Talk to the man outside near the entrance to the rocket area three times and he will give it to you.

I think you win the Parasol in Gold Saucer where you are on the roller coaster shooting things (Speed Square?).

one_winged_angel
02-21-2004, 02:39 AM
Yes it is called the speed square, and do you know what kind of score or whatever you have to get on it? Because I have played it loads of times for fun and still nothing of value.

Mo-Nercy
02-21-2004, 03:23 AM
I heard it was 5000. I've never gotton that much myself so I can't guarentee that I'm right.

one_winged_angel
02-21-2004, 03:25 AM
ok thanks *retries when he can be bothered*

ForeverZeroUltima
02-23-2004, 01:09 AM
*goes off to get the Venus Gospel*

5000 POINTS!?!¿ *eyes pop open* i'll never get that far...