PDA

View Full Version : hardest nes game you ever played?

twobitmage
02-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Preferably action games, since in rpgs you can sorta just lvl up like crazy if you cant beat sumthing

Erdrick Holmes
02-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Megaman 2. *argh*

PeTeRL90
02-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Laugh if you like, but Castlevania. Ugh, I could never get past those two mummies. They were a pain in my rear.

I also had trouble in Megaman. Yes, the first one. One of the bosses in Dr. Wily's castle always gives me trouble, and I'm still trying today to kick it's rear.

Mr. Graves
02-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Contra. One hit and your dead.

The first Castlevania game, because the enemies just keep coming. It's difficlut dodging medusa heads while jumping across platforms.

Megaman one was difficult to the extreme. Also, let's not forget Battletoads. The level on the scooter where to dodge those walls define "hard as hell".

Spatvark
02-07-2004, 04:06 PM
just to say, Megaman2 is probably the easiest in teh series Joel, and yeah, it is pretty damn tough =P

Erdrick Holmes
02-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Spat, your nuts, the only easy part of that game is fighting Bubble man with Metalman's weapon, he dies in one hit.

Megaman 1 was tough also.

Great I made myself wanna go download some Megaman ROMs all the sudden.

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Super Mario Brothers. Took me eight damn years to beat that .

And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The first one. No doubt, B.

Del Murder
02-07-2004, 05:40 PM
No offense to anyone, but none of those (cept Contra without the 30 life code) comapre to the difficulty of Ghosts and Goblins.

gokufusionss1
02-07-2004, 07:36 PM
laught even harder if you want but the original Zelda

Note: i was 7

black orb
02-07-2004, 07:55 PM
>>> Megaman 1 is the most difficult..
MM2 is easy, you can kill almost everything with metalman`s weapon..

Sephex
02-07-2004, 09:21 PM
I think Mega Man 2 is the easiest one (it happens to be my favorite one so I play through it a lot though). Mega Man 4...I swear...Capcom had it in for us when that game was made. Except Toad Man. Toad Man was a freakin' joke.

black orb
02-08-2004, 01:29 AM
>>> Megaman 4 was a lot of fun, the tough one was Pharaoh man but there is the stop-time trick for him, Ring man is fast and annoying and Dive man touch you and does lot of damage.. the rest was easy. and Wily is cheap as always..

Del Murder
02-08-2004, 02:49 AM
All Megaman bosses are easy if you have the right weapon. Has anyone ever tried beating all the Megaman bosses with just the regular shot? That would be something.

PeTeRL90
02-08-2004, 05:50 AM
I found Megaman 4 to be really easy. I can play through the game without ever having to use a Continue.

The only boss that was a pain was Dive Man, but other than that, the game was really easy.

twobitmage
02-08-2004, 09:38 AM
I ask since im gonna try make one of those fancy schmancy speed runs

I've got the games I wanted to try narrowed down to (imput from this and a few other forums)

kirby
bubble bobble
bionic commando
ninja turtles

contra and megaman 2 have been done (and VERY well I might add)

Strider
02-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Strider, if only because it's very confusing to figure out what you have to do from mission to mission. I could never get past Egypt.

SomethingBig
02-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Hahaha, Bionic Commando was such a great, yet, difficult game. Hardest NES game would have to be... I guess Megaman 2. I remember there being a lot of holographic floors whcih you could fall through and then die. Then there were those disappearing blocks that you'd have to jump onto.

Peegee
02-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Tetris. Who here has beaten level 19 on it?

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
Tetris. Who here has beaten level 19 on it?

You wussy. I've gotten past lvl 100 before. Wussy little... wuss.

Peegee
02-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Lies

escobert
02-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I got to lvl99999 its SOOOOOOOOO easy!

Knock off the spamming ~ Spatvark

twobitmage
02-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I saw a vid of someone beating lvl 800 before...pretty nuts

no wait INSANELY nuts. heres a link to some of the speed vids (not uncluding the ones im attempting)

http://nes.greatstreamingvideo.com/

Peegee
02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
That tetris clip shows 800 "lines" or "pieces + lines", which I don't count as levels. If they were levels, the levels increases each time a piece came out, which makes no sense. The screen changed after every 100 'lines + pieces' which really confuses me.

Thanks for the link though :)

Flying Mullet
02-10-2004, 06:09 PM
I never could beat Ninja Gaiden. You get towards teh end of the game and you have to jump at the perfect time to avoid the other guy jumpig around over pits, then grab a wall, then attack and jump at the right time to avoid other flying projectiles, etc... That game drove me nuts because it was dificult not because of a smart AI, but because the patterns were set up with the enemies so you had to do exactly the right moves in the right areas to get by (although a lot of Nintendo games are like that).

Caltrap
02-10-2004, 06:10 PM
I pumped 100s of pounds into Defender in the arcades

William
03-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Air Fortress. If anyone has played it the difficulty is "inhuman", or so magazines have said. There's one level where you cannot beat, well, I have yet to hear of anyone beating it, because of some bug where there isn't enough time given to get out of the level and back to your ship before the place explodes. I tried and tried and tried again and yet I cannot seem to beat it. Maybe the magazine was correct, maybe not...but it sure was hard.

Mr_Bojangless
03-30-2004, 01:29 AM
I couldn't get past the boss Malth ( I think that's the name) in Ninja Gaiden. He is impossible. Also, any simpsons games, such as Bart Vs The Space Mutants. That game is insanely hard.

Bernhard
03-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Ghosts and Goblins. :aimcry:

Lord Chainsaw
03-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
All Megaman bosses are easy if you have the right weapon. Has anyone ever tried beating all the Megaman bosses with just the regular shot? That would be something.

Yes, I've done that. MegaMan 1-7 every boss regular Plasma buster with no charge shots. If you want a strategy for any boss, and if I can remember then just ask. I figured out an evil pattern for Clash man that I'll never forget.

Here's something interesting about MegaMan 2. That "expert" version they give you at the start screen is actually the normal japanese version. They figured it would be to hard for America so they dumbed it down and made an easier version and called it "normal" mode.

I would say Ghosts N Goblins is very difficult, but it is beatable. It just takes about a day of dedication to do it, since you have infinite continues. What pisses me off is that you have to beat the game twice to actually beat it.

Hardest NES game I'm going to have to say is Battletoads. If you've ever gotten anywhere near the fire level you'd understand why. And don't get me started on that rat race level. The limited continues don't help either. Probably the only NES game I can't beat even though I've set my mind to it.

BatChao
04-01-2004, 09:21 AM
You guys are all insane. The hardest NES game is Platoon, hands down. I don't care what you say about any other game. Platoon owns them all. Yes, you die in 1 hit like in Contra, yes, enemies spawn everywhere and jump on your head unfairly, yes, enemies are sometimes hidden by foreground objects and shoot you since you can't see them! And if you can get anywhere past 'You found the explosives!' you are the master. That being said, Friday the 13th is also the hardest game ever. If you can beat Jason, you are the god of the NES.

Stayin Dizzy
04-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Ninja Turtles 1
Faxanadu
Adventure Island
Ghouls and Goblins
Wizards and Warriors
Bubble Bobble (the boss at the end is impossible)
Megaman 2,3,4
Festers Quest
Kung Fu
Paperboy...

there are a few others (Master blaster) that I can't think of right now, but these I found to be quite difficult and have gotten to the end of the game without beating it

Lord Chainsaw
04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Master Blaster was quite hard.

Especially the Plutonium Boss in the final level.

Peegee
04-06-2004, 06:52 AM
There's parts of Ninja Turtles one that I just get so confused over that I can't continue. I think it's shortly after you get the turtle van.

In fact a great deal of NES games are difficult for me, if not all.

Rase
04-16-2004, 07:43 AM
Ninja Gaiden
Bionic Commando
Rygar
Contra
Legend of Zelda (with no maps or walkthroughs)
Mega Man I

Spuuky
04-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Bionic Commando is really pretty damn easy.

Rygar is easy-ish. I can breeze through Contra without losing a life. Megaman 2 isn't really a problem.

This will require thought, and possibly a look through my cartridges, but I can safely say that those games aren't it.

Rase
04-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Fine then, I'll just keep My opinions to myself! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

J/K.

Buffy
04-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Theres only one,it scared the hell out of me...REALLY,It was(I bet you gussed)Fatal Frame 2

Flying Mullet
04-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Ninja Gaiden
I agree, this game was/is a pain in the ass.

Black Mage FF1
04-17-2004, 04:54 AM
Metroid has got to be the hardest nes game. Beating that without any help or FAQs or maps is extremly hard.

Kirobaito
04-17-2004, 05:08 AM
Duckhunt pissed the hell out of me. I ended up breaking my gun.

Outsider
04-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Ninja Gaiden, Megaman 2, and Ghosts 'N Goblins