PDA

View Full Version : Remakes

crouteru
02-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and have been into the FF games for about 5 years.
I was drawn in by FF7, as were most, and have loved every sequel since.
My pressing question is:

Are there any plans to re-release parts 7-9 on the Playstation 2 with enhanced graphics?
You may have discussed this before, but I haven't had the chance to read all posts yet.

FEOK
02-07-2004, 06:32 PM
From what I know, they're including a remake of FF7 for the PS2 with AC when it comes out on DVD.

Herbz7
02-16-2004, 08:10 AM
I hear from a source who makes a great Final Fantasy site (final fantasy arena) that they are making FFVII, VIII, and IX for the PS2 with upped graphics, hopefully alot better in VII like FFX graphics

Strider
02-16-2004, 08:17 AM
As a reporter for this site, I'd be interested in seeing some evidence, in the form of a link to the story/rumor (most likely rumor) or something.

Herbz7
02-16-2004, 08:21 AM
me? to the remakes for the FFVII, VIII, and IX on the PS2? i found the email to a graphic/web designer of FFArena and asked wot if they did, and he sed they r...

TheAbominatrix
02-16-2004, 08:28 AM
These are all rumors. The last time Square was asked about this, they said they had no plans to remake these games at this time. If they ever do, it will be a long way down the line.

Don't believe what people on the internet say. If it isnt in an official game magazine of an official site (and that means SquareEnix's official site, not a fan site like this one), its a load of bull. These rumors fly constantly, and they're all bogus.

Mo-Nercy
02-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Besides, it's would be an illogical waste of time for Square to remake 7-9 on PS2. Most people probably wouldn't buy it. I mean, who really plays FF just for the graphics?

But in FF7-Remake, you can revive Aeris [/rumour]

TheAbominatrix
02-16-2004, 09:18 AM
As long as the games can still be played on the current platform (PS1 discs work on PS2s, kiddies), there's no reason to remake them. Maybe once these systems are completly obsolete, they'll think about it, but by then people will probably be wanting remakes of X and XII

DocFrance
02-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Herbz7
me? to the remakes for the FFVII, VIII, and IX on the PS2? i found the email to a graphic/web designer of FFArena and asked wot if they did, and he sed they r... Sounds like a "friend of a friend told me that..." story.

I don't see why they'd remake FF7-9 with any form of significant graphical changes, considering how recently these games were published. FF9 is barely three years old. Why would they devote time and money to revamping the graphics of these games?

Also, graphics really are just eye-candy for Final Fantasy. I can't think of any Final Fantasy in which the graphics have made a significant impact on the gameplay - Megaflare still does the same thing, whether its a five-second animated sprite, or a sixty-second 3D FMV.