PDA

View Full Version : Users

Killy
02-07-2004, 07:20 PM
I just got WinXP professionnal installed, and I use a Download/Upload monitoring program called Du-Meter. Unfortunatly, it monitor every user's download and upload seperatly, and this is bad, because I want to know how much everyone downloaded during the current month. Is there a way to fix that?

crono_logical
02-07-2004, 07:28 PM
It's changed when I last used it, I could only monitor interfaces, and not what each user did :p You probably want to change it back to monitoring the network interface instead of individual users.

I use NetMeter (http://readerror.gmxhome.de/) myself though, and that does register data being sent/received by programs running in a different account. It doesn't save stats like DUMeter can though, only shows them in a dialog box, so dunno if that's what you want or not. Maybe the new version on the page does it, I dunno, I haven't upgraded and don't need to :p

Baloki
02-08-2004, 03:19 PM
I know this sounds stupid and everything but why do you even need to run a seperate program?

On WINXP Home there is an option to see total usage of a particular Modem, so why not just use that, theres got to be a more advanced version of it for Professional?

Hope that helps, if not, meh

crono_logical
02-08-2004, 03:36 PM
I use it because I get a realtime graph of data transfer rates for the past 20 minutes or so accurate to the second, and not for the totals - it's easier for me to see when network transfers are taking place and how fast without having to have large windows open of whatever program may be generating the traffic, since this takes a tiny amount of screen space :p