PDA

View Full Version : .WMA --> .mp3

Thunday Man
02-07-2004, 08:30 PM
anyone know a good converter i can use for it? i need to change some .wma files to .mp3 so winamp can play them. i use winamp 2 because i have winamp 5 because it takes way to much resources to run, compared to winamp 2.

thanks ;)

crono_logical
02-07-2004, 08:41 PM
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm came up in a Google search and looks like it might be worth a try for this thing.

Personally if I was doing it, I'd use GraphEdit from the DirectX SDK, but it's certainly not an easy option and I doubt I could explain how to convert from any format to any other using that program easily in a normal size post here :p

Thunday Man
02-07-2004, 08:45 PM
ty ^_^

Big Ogre Umaro
02-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Remember, DO NOT share transcoded MP3s via file-sharing networkds. There is a huge quality loss that will make your downloaders hate you (unless they are too dumb to know any better).

Also, Winamp 5 can play WMA files. I'm almost positive that Winamp 2.9x can do the same. It might be an installation option.

crono_logical
02-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I still use 2.91 and have WMA support in my Winamp :p

Thunday Man
02-08-2004, 01:20 AM
blah, guess i didnt do the full install then =p i remember unchecking alot of boxes ;/ was trying to stop the gay pop up window thingy that advertises the bands web site and albums. meh, maybe if i reinstall it, i can get it to work. dont really matter though heh, i already got it converted

crono_logical
02-08-2004, 01:47 AM
I think as long as you uncheck the lame AOL thingy, everything in the Winamp install should be safe. You might have seperately installed some dodgy plugin for it though, I dunno.