PDA

View Full Version : Too much munny!

Xander
02-08-2004, 05:08 PM
I don't think there is enough to spend munny on in Kingdom Hearts. At first you may need to buy some Potions/Hi-potions/Ethers but soon you get plenty of these from battles or chests, and I never needed to use them that often anyway. Then there are a few accessories and weapons you can buy in the shop, but soon you receive some that are much better than those anyway.

I'm working on levelling up to Lv.99 and I'm at Lv.81, but I've had the maximum munny for ages now. And the problem is there's just nothing to do with it! I have far too many Hi-potions that I can't pick up more, and there's little point selling them when I have maximum munny.

In FFVII you had the Gold Saucer to spend your money at, or you could buy that house, and in FFX there was the bribing that you'd need money for, and getting clear spheres. There was incentive to need money.

But in this game, I don't see much point for munny at all, especially after a while into the game. It's sort of disappointing. What does everyone else think?

Advent Child
02-08-2004, 05:14 PM
I start to buy 99 of every item =D

Chibi Youkai
02-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah, that's great and all, advent Child, but what happens when you have 99 of all items... not that I would be in that particular position...:rolleyes2

SomethingBig
02-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Have you gotten all of the items from the Synthesize Shop, yet? I'm pretty sure you need munny for those.

Advent Child
02-08-2004, 07:39 PM
If you're level 99 and you have everything perfect and you have 99 of every item and you've maxed out your stats and you have 99,999 munny, then I don't understand your complaint.

SomethingBig
02-08-2004, 07:44 PM
They should make you pay to fight in the Coliseum. That way, you'll be spending munny and gaining levels at the same time.

Advent Child
02-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't think spending munny is an attractive feature.

Xander
02-08-2004, 09:08 PM
I didn't think you had to pay for items in the Synthesis shop. Anyway my point is, what's the point in having all this money, when there's not a lot to do with it in the game. It just becomes kinda useless, and I wish there was some big cool things to spend it on >=O

crono_logical
02-08-2004, 09:34 PM
I find you start getting way too much money in most RPGs I've played towards the end of the game :p

DJZen
02-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Synth shop items don't have a cost, you just need the synthesis items. Try buying tons of gummi blocks and making your own gummi armada :D

Chibi Youkai
02-10-2004, 12:42 AM
That's an intresting idea.

Dragonflame
02-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I actually ran out of munny at one point in the game because I bought so many gummi blocks. Items need to be easier to use, so that you can run out of them and have to buy more. I don't really like running out of munny and having to spend time getting more, but there is way too much of it in KH. Maybe they should raise prices for things.

Del Murder
02-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Try to buy the palace in Agrabah.

Chibi Youkai
02-24-2004, 03:46 AM
Buy the palace in Agrabah? You can actully do that? Or am I just being the gullible person that I am?

Del Murder
02-24-2004, 04:25 AM
I think you answered it already, chief.

Chibi Youkai
02-25-2004, 12:38 AM
That's mean, playing on my guilability like that. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped. At least homework kept me from spending several hours trying.:rolleyes2

Kirobaito
02-25-2004, 01:00 AM
I've hit the same predicament, pretty much, as the only battles I have left to do are Ice Titan, Kurt Zisa, Phantom, and Sephiroth (bah...). I don't have anything to spend it on. I have the gummi collection (for getting 99 Dalmatians), so I can't even buy anymore. And by the way, Chibi, you're somewhat knew here, I think, so make sure not to believe anything Del says. Make that anything ANYONE says. Including me. In fact, don't believe these last few sentences.

While you can't buy the palace in Agrabah, you can buy the Gizmo Shop and make millions and millions of...gizmos.

Chibi Youkai
02-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Yes, I am fairly new here.

... ... You haven't beat Sephiroth yet?:whoa: I did it at Lv. 79, and I'm really not lying about that.

Kirobaito
02-25-2004, 04:20 AM
I'm at level 60, and I've only tried to beat him three times. And the first two times I was too enthralled by listening to the pretty music. **dies**

**hums "Estuans, interius, ira vehementi, estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth, dum du a dum dum du a du doo da Sephiroth"

Chibi Youkai
02-26-2004, 12:31 AM
You forgot the Sors Inamnis, Et Enamnis part, and I Have no clue if I even spelled that right, but oh well.

And also the Venni venni venias, ne me mori facinas part... or whatever... I can't spell.

Kirobaito
02-26-2004, 12:48 AM
I know. I didn't want to put all of it. And it's "Sors Immanis, Et Enanis." and "facias."

Chibi Youkai
02-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Sorry, like I said, I can't spell.

zacks_clone
02-26-2004, 01:15 AM
Im in the same prediciment.I guess i just forget about the munny issue.I dont spend it.I do agree though,it wasnt much of a use.At the begining you had a hard time getting by without it,twords the end you want to really goof off.No houses to buy,no attacks you can use with munny.Its a dissapointment

SpiralEdge
03-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Yah there is to much munny in KH... Whats the deal with munny anyways?? I think that has to be the single most stupidest name I've ever heard in an RPG, for cash. Its like some kind of... of... FUNNY MUNNY?! Maybe its fake, which would explain why there isn't to many uses for it!!! Anyways.... you had to be at lv 79 chibi!? HA! I beat him at level 54... e..a..s..y.., ok... I'll be honest it was extremely hard, and i spent a whole day doing it. Lv. 79!!! I laugh! *laughs* At level 54, you spend a whole 30 minutes, before his health actually starts going down!

Dragonflame
03-02-2004, 02:20 AM
That's why you level up and don't spend a whole day doing it. Of course, I'm at a higher level than that, and I still haven't beaten Sephiroth, so you probably shouldn't listen to me, but at least I didn't waste a day on a pointless battle.

SeeDRankLou
03-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by SpiralEdge
Whats the deal with munny anyways?? I think that has to be the single most stupidest name I've ever heard in an RPG, for cash. Its like some kind of... of... FUNNY MUNNY?!

And Gil is better. Gil...sometimes makes me think they spend fish scales in FF games. I'm just sayin....

I've never experienced this problem. Probably because I go through ethers like I go through air, but I've only ever accumulated like 30,000 munny. Oh well.

Marcus
03-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Hold on there cowboy...

Are you saying, that in FF7, you could buy a HOUSE??!

Wha? Where?

Anyway, yeh, I have that in about every RPG... When I'm halfway through, money just keeps on stacking up...

Kirobaito
03-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah. You can buy the mayor or somebody's house in Costa Del Sol. It doesn't do anything, though. You can walk through it all you want, including taking the items inside.

Chibi Youkai
03-03-2004, 12:40 AM
You can also sleep in it, although that's a rather lame reason to spend what was it... 300,000 gil. for something that you can do for free on the Highwind. Not to mention you can go around taking all the items without actully buying the house.

Dragonflame
03-11-2004, 02:53 AM
I think it would be nice if you could buy the palace and actually go inside it and explore. Maybe you could find a bunch of rare items inside, or maybe it would open up a side quest.

Wow! I just realized that KH has no side quests. That's one thing they definitely need to add for KH2.

Another way they could keep you from getting too much money is by forcing you to pay an income tax.

Kirobaito
03-11-2004, 05:28 AM
I think getting all the Trinities, 101 Dalmations, and that whole "Colosseum" thing could be considered sidequests.

Dragonflame
03-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Maybe. But I mean sidequests that actually make you do things you wouldn't do otherwise in the game. Everything you listed was just something you do as you go through. It wasn't so much of a sidequest as it was a...I don't know, I'll be quiet.