PDA

View Full Version : Shuyin or Tidus? *!SPOILERS!*

SomethingBig
02-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Who do you like more and why?

Personally, I like Shuyin more. Here are my reasons. If you haven't gotten to Chapter 3, yet, I advise you not to read on and/or look at these pictures of Shuyin. There, I warned you about spoilers, so no need for spoiler tags.

Shuyin:
http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx2/visualarts/057.jpg
http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx2/visualarts/056.jpg

Tidus:
http://www.doupe.cz/vaulty/finalfantasy/pictures/tidus.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/sephyr/Galleri.../ff10/tidus.jpg

Lenne, Shuyin's one and only lover, is sent to the front lines of a war to basically fight and die. What does Shuyin do? Being the huge mass of ownage that he is, he doesn't whine, complain, or cry. Instead, he sneaks into a heavily defended base and tries to steal a weapon of mass destruction to save Lenne.

Tidus finds out that Yuna's going to die by summoning the final aeon. What does Tidus do? Being the chickenwuss that he is, he whines and complains for a few hours, instead of thinking of a way to save Yuna.

Shuyin > Tidus? I sure think so. Shuyin's even buffer and better looking than Tidus.

zacks_clone
02-08-2004, 08:45 PM
I to prefer shuyin.I never much cared for Tidus because ha had always appeared to be a spoiled brat,hated his father(with no real reson),and cryed when things didnt go as he expected.I agree with your points of veiws on shuyin

MateriaBladeVII
02-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I disagree. Tidus didn't go psycho and try to destroy Spira in death. He watched over Yuna and lead her to safety in the Farplane.

Shuyin was so selfish in his love of Lenne that he didn't care who else died just as long as he got Lenne in the end.

Plus, Tidus is way cuter and has a sexier voice. :laughing:

Siwolae
02-09-2004, 01:01 AM
I disagree. Tidus didn't go psycho and try to destroy Spira in death. He watched over Yuna and lead her to safety in the Farplane.

Shuyin was so selfish in his love of Lenne that he didn't care who else died just as long as he got Lenne in the end.

Plus, Tidus is way cuter and has a sexier voice.

yep. my words exactly. plus, his clothes look way better, and Shuyin couldn't even come up with his own special moves. he had to bum his off of Tidus' overdrives. :P

arcdragon9
02-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Technicaly, Shuyin's skills couldn't be help. So he didn't steal Tidus's. My veiw, Shuyin is cooler. My arguement is he's not a whiner and his voicce isn't as annoying. And he has a hotter chic, Lenne is not only more hot, she sings better. But that's just my view.

Tidus Is Mine
02-14-2004, 12:52 AM
AAAHHHHHH!i pick Tidus he is much cuter then Shuyin:D

arcdragon9
02-14-2004, 03:38 AM
Uhh...I'm not basing my decisions on looks....I'M A GUY. Who is straight. I'm basing my decision on storyline.

Tidus Is Mine
02-15-2004, 07:34 PM
well still i would still pick Tidus. B cuz he's nicer the Shuyin. But i still like Shuyin 4 trying to save Lenne. hmmmm...... i really dont know

arcdragon9
02-16-2004, 03:40 AM
In the words of my friend , who shall be nameless, Tidus is a whining brat who should be shot on sight and burned to ashes and dispursed among the waters so we never have to loose iq points by listening to him.
Heh. Obviuosly he don't like the guy.

eternalshiva
02-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Well arcdragon, we're not asking if you want to sleep with either Tidus or Shuyin, but which one is better :/

I like both actually. Tidus IS annoying but he's Yuna's true love so he gets bonus points. Shuyin is not necessarily evil but after that whole cave incident where he tries to get the girls to kill themselves, he looses brownie points. BUT Shuyin is just confused and he's lived through some things non of us would want to phantom an idea about. So, I like both, even if Shuyin is evil *huggles tortured soul*

soulICE
02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
weeeeell, tidus did fight sin with yuna although he knew it would mean he would dissapear. instead of running away or preventing the party from killing sin so he wouldnt dissapear.. he "sacrificed" himself so Spira and Yuna would finally be safe. blah blah.

yet, if i was a wondering tortured soul searching for my true love for a thousand years, id be kicking some ass too... at least HE found the WMD's :D

zacks_clone
02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
You know...Come to think of it,they are exactly the same.I mean,personality wise,in looks.Everything between Lenne and Yuna is the same to.Lenne was a summener who had to sacrifice herself to destroy Sin,and Yuna was a summoner who had to do the same to bring the peoples happyness.Tidus was Yunas lover and sould stop at nothing to help her,Shuyin was Lennes lover who would do anything to save her.We dont get into Shuyins personality befor he relized Lenne was to die, so we cant say he wasnt a whinny little brat like we all(well,most) think Tidus is.But,Tidus changed after he relized Yuna was to die.He wasnt as totaly a space case and an utter idiot as befor.He was determin to do something.Shuyin was probly the same.I guess you may prefer one of the other,but when it comes down to it...they are the same...

Kahless
02-19-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by MateriaBladeVII
Plus, Tidus is way cuter and has a sexier voice. :laughing:

It's the same guy. They sound the same.

Chibi Youkai
02-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Shuyin gets more brownie points. He just appealed to me more, I guess. Plus, Tidus did whine a lot, which really kinda adgitated me.

Siwolae
02-21-2004, 03:03 AM

Yeah, it is the same guy but their voices were different...slightly, anyway. ^^

soulICE
02-21-2004, 11:18 PM

well, it IS the same guy. Tidus is the fayth's dream Zanarkand version of Shuyin. Shuyin dies with lenne during the Z/B war but the remaining summoners become fayth and summon their memories of Zanarkand.. and Tidus is their remembrance of Shuyin. makes you wonder if there was a "dream lenne" wandering about somewhere.. ?_?

Rye
02-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Shuyin hands down. He's one of my favourite FF guys of all time. :)

Kahless
02-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by soulICE
well, it IS the same guy. Tidus is the fayth's dream Zanarkand version of Shuyin. Shuyin dies with lenne during the Z/B war but the remaining summoners become fayth and summon their memories of Zanarkand.. and Tidus is their remembrance of Shuyin. makes you wonder if there was a "dream lenne" wandering about somewhere.. ?_?

wtf? I meant the actor. I guess I need more completes. the actor is the same. it's in the credits that you have to see to get new game plus.

Proxy
02-24-2004, 01:09 AM
ya shuyin should declare ownage over tidus, who should accept & admit ownage.
Shuyin has balls, like stated. he had the stones to run to the capital of spira, go to an illegal to civilians section, and trys to steal a WMD.
tidus whines & continues to take yuna to her doom.

Siwolae
02-24-2004, 04:09 AM
tidus whines & continues to take yuna to her doom.

you know that's not right. in the end, he sacrificed himself to save Yuna. he saved her from her doom. sure he whined a few times, but then again, wouldn't you if you were in his situation?

Shuin was a greedy punk. he tried to steal Vegnagun and didn't care that he was going to screw Spira. he didn't give a rat's over the innocent people he was going to hurt.

jochirin
03-01-2004, 09:04 AM
um... from my eyes... tidus kinda had the right to whine i mean he was taken from the world he knew to another everything that he had was taken away... and his fater wasent nice to him, he was drunk al the time and so on... hello if your father was a drunkard id think u would kinda hate him to...
and lets realise its only human to whine when your life is geting worse and worse... human kind is a bunch of cry babies... you might not like it but its the truth...
and also it looks like u forgot that tidus actualy dident know yuna was gona die till they came to mt.gagazet
and lets not forget we dident se how shuyin reakted when he got to know his love was gona die... i doubt he direktly got a plan and went of to steal wegnagund... hi might aswel have gone to some bar crying his eyes out and drinking his head of and just by then heard a rumor of the ultimate wepon or something...
also lets not forget that shuyin might not know what will hapen if he steals wegnagun what he is doing in the final battle is something else hes been driven mad by a 1000:nd years of hatred...
you need to think some before you say something all chars may not know what you know

Chibi Youkai
03-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Hmm... good point, but still I think that Shuyin was overall somewhat better, I just liked his personality better, I guess. Not to mention I like the name Shuyin better than Tidus.:rolleyes2

Scandalous
03-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Okay, there will be major spoilers in this. Don't read it if you finished the game yet.

I don't dislike Shuyin, yet I don't really like him either. I admit the whole craze over him and Lenne annoyed me, but I had to put up with it like millions of other people. Anyway, moving on: I take from what I've read a few of you don't like him because he seemed greedy and selfish, but if you forget the reason Shuyin wanted to destroy Spira in the first place is because of all the hate he was seeing. The Youth League and New Yevon opposed one another and for two years all there was was arguing and fights because both factions couldn't get along with one another. Shuyin realises this and is angered because nothing had changed from his lifetime, a full 1000 years ago. He wanted to stop all the hate that was going on. I mean, come on, if he was so greedy and selfish and all he wanted to do was find and protect Lenne, why did he go to all that trouble of asking Yuna (who he believed to be Lenne at the time) to join him and help him destroy Spira with the Vegnagun?

Sure, he went and got both him and Lenne killed, which was a pretty stupid and reckless thing to do, but Tidus wasn't at one for thinking things through first either. He wanted to stop the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle as well as prevent Lenne from being killed.

And as for Tidus being whiny, wouldn't YOU whine if you were in his position? You know, I really don't like it when people accuse him of being a whiner, but I have no authority over people's opinions. It is only a game, yes, but usually gamers can't even begin to imagine how a character would be feeling being in a position like Tidus's. The person you love is going to be killed, you realise that it's been kept from you by your friends for a long time, as well as the fact you're a dream and you went through all that just to go poof at the end of it all. Wouldn't YOU whine just a bit if that were you? Also add the fact that his father wasn't a very loving father either.

That's what I think, anyway.

Vaprice
03-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Tidus I have more love for. *not in a queer way* tidus has the cool clothes, even though they both have cool clothes. yet Shuyin has the more evil, psycho, deminishing, Im going to kill everyone, kinda thing going, which is cool but hes not evil enough *sephiroth*

But meh, the game was okay. ive got nothing againts it.