PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Fate of the Unknown

Sanjuro
02-09-2004, 02:12 AM
As I sit here on my laptop I found some very nice writings of a final fantasy game i was planning to make... I was sad to see the series go down hill so I think I'll take things into my own hands...with your help, if you can.

I am quite good at making games...not 3D but isometric... so here is a story basis..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The earth is a paradise...a paradise with a great secret... a secret that has been kept for millions of years... a secret wich could destroy the earth in a blink of an eye... But as with all secrets they can only be kept for so long... so long before it fades out of memmory...fades out of history....but fate will make them remember how it began... and how it will end...

Evil...Evil has crept into paradise...an evil wich must be stopped before fate runs it's coarse... A plan has been made... A man will rise... A hero will be born... And fulfil his destiny...to stop the evil...to try to survive... to face the unknown...

The battle for the planet has begun...

FINAL FANTASY: Fate of the Unknown

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So do you think i should try and make it?

and will you help in any way?

Doomgaze
02-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Some random person decides to make a game every month.

NONE ARE EVER FINISHED.

Master_Dragoner
02-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Making games!? Do you have a program that creates games, or something? If you do, I wouldn't mind having one. I've always wondered about making RPGs.

Anyway, about the storyline, it's good, but the problem is, it contains nothing in it that's new, or different from anything else. For example:

Great secret: Hmm... most RPGs around have some sort of 'secret' in them. And about them fading into memory, things like the old magic in FF6, the original combined world in FF5, etc show this has been done before.

Fate: also called destiny, future, etc, heard it all before.

Hero is born: probably the biggest cliche in the story basis. This has been done in so many games.

So, what I'm saying is most of the stuff has been used before. BUT, don't get me wrong, if you can make a game that uses these elements and make something new and interesting, I would love to play it. Hey, I would probably even play it if it didn't have anything new in it, although I wouldn't like it as much.

Well, whatever you do, good luck making it. I hope you actually DO finish it, proving Doomgaze wrong. Have fun!;)

Bahamut2000X
02-13-2004, 11:52 AM
If your looking to make a RPG you should look around to download RPG maker 2000 or 2003.

If you need any help with the programs I can help a bit, I'm fairly proficient with them.