PDA

View Full Version : Favorites missing

Bahamut2000X
02-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Well for some odd reason my favorites I saved on my computer are missing. I had them abotu 10 minutes ago, and now their missing completly. I'm using Mozilla incidently if that helps. So anyone know ow I can get them back, or how to at least prevent this in the future?

Blue Headed Man
02-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Download AdAware.

crono_logical
02-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Bookmarks in Mozilla or Favourites in Windows Explorer etc.? If you do mean Mozilla, do you mean the Bookmark menu hgas emptied itself, or the toolbar with the buttons on under the address bar has vanished?

Bahamut2000X
02-09-2004, 11:42 AM
The bookmarks all vanished. I was hoping that there still might be a possibility to retrieve them, just cause I don't want to have to find all those sites again.

Download AdAware.

Already have it.

crono_logical
02-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Maybe look in Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks and check they haven't been moved to some other folder in there, otherwise I have no idea. I generally export them from there just in case whenever I upgrade the browser, but that's all.

Baloki
02-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Worth looking in Mozzila's (spelt wrong sorry) root directory for a text file list of them or .lnk files, either one may just have a copy of your bookmarks, I'm not really up on this mozzila thing, only on netscape and ie at the min, I shall investigate for you.

Edit: mwha, supposably and I quote:

the fact that mozilla stores cache and other information in $HOME/.mozilla for the default,
I think it should be stored in /var/cache, /var/lib, /var/lock ... instead

therefore it stores a copy of your bookmarks in a cache in the Mozzilla root directory, have a dig through it, you may just find a list of links and I guess thats your bookmarks list, if that doesn't help, sorry I did try :choc:

Endless
02-10-2004, 09:53 PM
He's going to have some fun finding these directories in Windows. xD
The idea is right,though, search through your mozilla folder, and through the personnal folders it should make in your profile.

Baloki
02-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Endless
He's going to have some fun finding these directories in Windows. xD
The idea is right,though, search through your mozilla folder, and through the personnal folders it should make in your profile.

*Dances*, wayhay, research pays off *Dances*

Also, remember make sure you SHOW all hidden files including system and protected files else windows XP will pull the wool over your eyes, trust me on that one. Its something it picked up from ME.