PDA

View Full Version : Riku must die (I need help)

Phil
02-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Well I can't seem to kill riku for the 2nd time in Hollow Bastion. I get his final bar half way down and he just somehow kills me, be it through the total darkness-blue glowing speed dash thing or just swinging at me. I dont have enough time to use a potion or cure because he just... comes over and BAM I'm dead. Anybody have any tips to help me kill 'em?

Kirobaito
02-09-2004, 04:32 AM
Heh heh...before this battle I had rarely used Dodge Roll, because I didn't know how. It became my best friend in this battle. I didn't think he was that hard, just dodge roll around, and wait until he charges at you or something. Then wail on him with a 4x combo or Ars Arcanum. Only use healing items, because Curaga takes too long. When you do use items, use dodge roll as you select the Item. Good luck.

eternalshiva
02-09-2004, 10:00 AM
*quotes from the WALKTHROUGH I worked so hard to put up on the front site*

Boss: Riku (2)
This one is incredibly hard. Well, start the battle off by casting Aerora on Sora, and try to keep it that way. If you have the Guard ability equipped, use it wisely and deflect Riku's attacks. He will be stunned momentarily, giving you a few quick hits. If you find you need to heal, fly away from him and cast Cura. If he goes berserk, then you should fly around the room until he calms down. If he starts throwing his keyblade at you, you can hit it right back at him to cause damage, but this is risky. It's best just to avoid this attack.

There is a certain pattern that you can get into that lets you take enormous chunks of life from Riku. After using Guard to block his jumping attack, you'll have just enough time to pull a full combo on him. After your last blow, immediately block as he jump attacks you again. This way, he won't be able to hit you, while you take big amounts of his HP away. If you're lucky, you will be able to hold this pattern for quite a while.

Also, take note that the faster you finish him off, the less likely he will be to stay in his powered up form permanently. This is definitely a great thing to remember.

If you can pull off using Ars Arcanum on him, that would be great.

EXP. 8500

Here's the link to the WT: Eyes on FF KH Walkthrough (http://www.eyesonff.com/kh/walk19.shtml)

xD

Dragonflame
02-09-2004, 11:33 PM
What do you mean this battle is incredibly hard? Just dodge roll constantly. Whenever Riku is about to run at you and slash, just dodge roll around him. Eventually, you will end up right next to him. When this happens, unload a combo and dodge roll away. Also, be sure to cure yourself a lot, because Riku's attacks are fairly powerful.

Another thing. When Riku jumps up and flies around the arena, dodge roll back, then dodge roll behind him. Riku will never catch up with you. If you're careful and not too anxious to kill Riku right away, this battle shouldn't be too hard.

eternalshiva
02-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Well excuse me. I thought it was hard.

zacks_clone
02-10-2004, 12:11 AM
goodness!i found him EXTREEMLY difficult!I think i used the hover and dodge roll all the time.-.-;;all the hints iv got

Dragonflame
02-10-2004, 01:15 AM
sorry, i didn't mean to be rude

Lord Xehanort
02-12-2004, 01:03 AM
What level are you at? What equipment does Sora have equipped? That will make a difference. I got trounced so many times, and then put on some Lightning protection and spanked his sexy, little booty. ;) Guard and Dodge Roll are your prrreciousss. Counter, MP Rage, Combo Plus x2, Air Combo Plus x2 and don't bother with the Special Attacks (Ars Arcanum, Ragnarok, Sonic Blade, Aerial Raid etc.) they consume a ton of MP and aren't needed to beat the game.

Phil
02-12-2004, 12:43 PM
I am level 46, use the Olympus Keyblade, and have pretty much all of the skills equipped (yes, I have THAT much ap!) I have the Holy CIrclet equipped and some thing that takes off 20% of all elemental hits.

Lord Xehanort
02-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Hmm... Olympia=Good, Abilities=Good, Equipment=Possible Problem. You should have 2 Thunder/ara/aga Rings by now. Equip them both. At the end, don't wait for him to go out of blue berserk, it's not gonna happen. Jump and Slash during that period. Combos work well while he's chasing you (not berserk) and you can Guard those energy blasts back at him to stun/damage him. Good luck.

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 12:08 AM
I also had an extremly hard time with him. I just dodged rolled and then when he would finish one of his attacks I would try and attack him.

Thunday Man
03-26-2004, 12:04 AM
I had no problem with him. He was fairly easy for me. Then again, I was pretty high level i believe. So my advice. Beef up your levels!

DJZen
03-26-2004, 03:23 AM
I just used aero and cure a lot. Then I just smacked him around. MP Rage and MP Haste are your friends.

blue_midget192
04-07-2004, 10:57 PM
i found this relativly easy-he beat me about three times-but to beat him i just kept close in to him, bashing with the keyblade and ars arcanuming him repeatedly, and healing as needed. :D

Pheesh
04-25-2004, 12:59 PM
i got stuck on this battle for weeks ( until i realized i was lvl 35 ) but i found the easiest technic was to use guard and glide alot. As long as you can time your guards than you should be able to unleash combo's on him while he's momentarily stunned. I would also suggest switching to the metal chocobo key blade. Other than that just use aero and cure alot whith the occasional ars arcanum thrown in. :)

MateriaBladeVII
04-25-2004, 05:16 PM
OMG- this is like my favorite part in the whole game- besides when they go to Halloween Town. So many good cut-scenes!

I, too, remember throwing down my controller and cursing at the screen after like my 5th time of dieing in this battle. I eventually figured out the trick, though. Dodge Roll, my friend. Dodge Roll...

Oh- just a thing I've noticed. It seems like everyone I've talked to used the Olympia keychain in this battle. I wonder if it's just a big coincidence...

And just a little off subject- how about that cut-scene after the battle, huh? I love it! Donald and Kairi gazing up at the disappearing Sora calling for him as he goes into the darkness- while the awesome Instrumental Hikari plays. It just looks so dramatic and touching. This and the one before the battle are my two favorite cut-scenes. One thing I wondered throughout viewing them is- "Where is Beast through all this???" I never figured that out...

Ultima Shadow
04-25-2004, 05:33 PM
I found the dragon harder than this battle. I defeated him on my first try.
(level47 and metal chocobo.)