PDA

View Full Version : What's with the perfect ending???

bokofett
02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Okay so everything wraps up nicely in the good ending, Tidus and Yuna are happy and as far as we know are going to live together forever, but then the perfect ending comes about and we start getting more and more questions. Tidus asks himself if he is really real, wasn't that the whole problem with the end of FFX, is he real is he a dream. Then in the final few seconds Yuna is standing alone in the exact same place as Tidus always does and Tidus isn't with her. So I ask what the f*** is Tidus this time, dream or real??? :mad:

SeeDRankLou
02-09-2004, 08:44 PM
She was standing alone because she pushed him into the water, and she comments how he didn't disappear.

I think they are having all these questions because they're cautious. In FFX when Tidus found out he was a dream, who knows what he was thinking when he found that out, it must have been upsetting, especially knowing what they had to do to beat Sin. Then Tidus faded, and now he's back. No one explained to him how he is back, so the thought of fading again must be going through his mind, because he honestly doesn't know if he's going to or not. I mean we assume that Tidus is back for good, but Tidus and Yuna have already experienced that rather sad ending of FFX and are just cautious about it this time. Especially Yuna, she said that she finally knew what love felt like being with Tidus, and when Tidus left it was her first heartache, which is always the worst. So I think that they are just both being cautious.

When Tidus was first "made," he was a dream of the fayth, and by touching Sin he became real. But this time he just appeared in reality, he wasn't in the dream Zanarkand first. So I think this time Tidus is real, and he was brought into reality by the fayth kind of like summoning an aeon. So I think this time he's as real as he can be, as real as the aeons were.

I think the significance of this scene is to show how Yuna has ultimately changed. In FFX, Yuna knew that she would defeat Sin because she could, "The people of Spira long for the calm, I can give it to them." But that was the only reason she was doing it, for others. Every step of her journey was filled with question. Why was she doing this, how was she going to do this, was she willing to pay the price for doing this? Toward the end she began to believe in herself, began to know what to do. But as she started to figure out that Tidus was going to be the price of victory, she regressed back to her doubt, and in the end let others tell her how to fight the last fight. She didn't know that was the only way, she merely accepted it. In FFX-2, she embraced who she was. Yuna is a person who helps people, not for the sake of other people, but because it makes her happy. Yuna didn't want the calm to come so that she could defeat Sin, she wanted it to come so that she could put a smile on Calli's face, and everyone else she met along the way. She didn't do it because of them, she did it because of herself, because that's what made her happy, even at the cost of her own life. Now that cost is no longer necessary, and she didn't want to have to be involved again. But by the end of the game, she realized that she never had to be involved. She didn't have to defeat Sin, she wanted to. She didn't have to help all of these people, she wanted to. And at the end (great speech by the way), she stood against Vegnagun, not because she had to, but because she wanted to. And she fought the battle her way, because she finally believed in herself, believed that she had the power to make things right. And she did. So what does all this have to do with the end? In the end of FFX, Yuna slipped back to doubting herself as she realized that Tidus might go away. And at the end she couldn't let him go. But when she realized she had to, she couldn't watch him leave as she said her goodbye. At the end of FFX-2 as Yuna started to question whether all of these roads would lead to Tidus, she still kept her resolve to finish what was started, even if it wouldn't end the way she wanted. And in the final scene, when Tidus was doubting himself, Yuna, insteading of holding onto him and not knowing how long she would have, she let him go. She pushed him into the water. When last she saw this scene, Tidus jumped off the airship into the water and disappeared. And this time she made scene happen, knowing in the back of her head that he might disappear again but believing he wouldn't. And he came back up, "You didn't disappear."

Siwolae
02-10-2004, 12:14 AM
that has got to be the best interpretation of the ending, SeedRankLou. i couldn't word it any better than you did. ^_^

arcdragon9
02-10-2004, 03:46 AM
*sniffle, wipes tear from eye* that was beuatyful. lol