PDA

View Full Version : Which?

The Unholy Arcmage
02-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Which final fantasy to buy???? ive allready got VII and VIII and I have $20 should I get X ( I have to share the PS2 with little brats.... er...... brothers) or IX (PS1 all to myself)?

Flying Mullet
02-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Go with the classics! Try at least one of FFI-FVI and see if you like them at all. Their style is a little different than the later ones. So before you try another later one, try an earlier one for a change of scenery, and then you can figure out easier which one(s) you want to try next.

The Unholy Arcmage
02-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I don't have an snes or nes.... :(

Flying Mullet
02-09-2004, 08:22 PM
If the computer you're on right now is your own you can emulate. Or if you aren't on your own you can always copy a NES emulator and ROMs to a floopy and take them with you.

crono_logical
02-09-2004, 08:24 PM
At least with the older NES/SNES ones, you can download and play them on your PC instead of a real console :p You can look to the front site of this website under emulation for more details :p

And just because you share the PS2 with siblings, doesn't stop you from getting FFX, sharing the console and sharing the game discs aren't the same thing :p Although I don't see why they can't play FFX while you're not using it, just tell them you bought it so get priority on playing that game or something :p I prefer FF9 and FFX about the same really, I don't think either were as good as FF6 or FF7 were, but they were still good games.

zacks_clone
02-09-2004, 08:29 PM
I didnt much care for IX or X, but I think if your more into midevil style stuff, go with IX.If your more into a ...jee,what would you call X?I suppose X is more modern day,but with less machines and scie fie to it.

The Unholy Arcmage
02-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I have emulators but the only ff roms I have are I and II, and I allready have origens so that dosn't do me much good.

black orb
02-10-2004, 12:14 AM
>>> If you liked the classics buy FF9.

SomethingBig
02-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Get one or both of the best FFs: FF6 and FF7.

escobert
02-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Get chronicals, anthology or origans they all have old FFs on them

zacks_clone
02-10-2004, 01:30 AM
im pretty sure the question was 9 or 10, not any others :) and he/shes got 7 and 8,remember.:P

Evelia
02-10-2004, 02:03 AM
I love all the FFs I've played, but between 9 and 10... hmm. 9 was my very first FF, and I still love it a lot. 10 is really good, although it has a pretty depressing message. I feel that 9 was a great game for the first two discs, but somewhere in disc three it lost something. =\

In my opinion, 10 has a more interesting cast of characters. The graphics are nicer, too, although that definitely shouldn't be what you judge a game on. I love the battle system/sphere grid. The plot is really heavy -- it made me cry a few times.

9 also has nice graphics. I think that some parts are kinda dull and some minigames are horriblehorriblehorrible (Cid getting the key in the palace, for example). I love Zidane, and Garnet, who's in my avatar, is pretty cool too. Other characters, like Amarant, were sort of uninteresting to me. It's a more challenging game, and I like the sidequests a lot more. The chocobo quest is great and the final results are useful.

So I guess it depends on what you like. Both are really different from the settings of 7 and 8, which are very modern. 9 was supposed to be like a tribute to the older games or something, and brought back a "fantasy" setting with castles, mages, swords, etc. 10's world is more advanced technologically, but in a different way than you'd think.

What I care about most in RPGs is the character development, so based on that, I'd go with 10.

Mo-Nercy
02-10-2004, 06:27 AM
FFX is much more linear than the FFs you've already played. Following the one and only road for the whole game was what ruined it for me. However, the aspect of voices for the characters and Blitzball sorta made up for it. If you're one of those people that like to "master" games and do everything you can possibly do, expect to spend a lot more time doing so with FFX.

FFIX has a world map~ :D It's a lot more entertaining IMO. Since you've only played FFVII and FFVIII so far, then it seems that you're way overdue for some moogle, black mage, princess and summoner action. If you liked Triple Triad in FFVIII, you'll probably like Tetra Master too, just not as much. If you hated Triple Triad in FFVIII, you'll probably love Tetra Master because it's much easier. Unlike FFX, the characters here are quirky and funny instead of lame and stupid.

Now, I hope you're not one of those people that instantly dislike FFIX claiming that it's a kiddy game because the main character has a tail.

Bottom line. Pick FFIX.
PS: hey, that rhymes
PPS: hey! so does that~

Breine
02-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Try to get a hold on FF6 to PS... It's a great game.

The Unholy Arcmage
02-11-2004, 08:31 PM
I LOVE my mom, she gave me the extra I needed to buy both IX = X! :)

FEOK
02-11-2004, 09:35 PM
I haven't played either, so I can't really help you, sorry. But you can download the other old school FF games on this site in the Emulation section.

black orb
02-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by The Unholy Arcmage
I LOVE my mom, she gave me the extra I needed to buy both IX = X! :)
>>> bah, spoiled brat... :mad:

The Unholy Arcmage
02-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by black orb
>>> bah, spoiled brat... :mad:

It was only $10.........

black orb
02-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by The Unholy Arcmage
It was only $10.........
>>> That answer confirm my previous post :D