View Full Version : Holy balls!

Linus
02-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Even YAMS is knight now?

**Jumps off a building.**

(Note: This is a congrats thread.)

Del Murder
02-10-2004, 08:45 PM
That Yams, always riding my coattails...

Dr Unne
02-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Have fun, Yamaneko.

Flying Mullet
02-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Yay for Yams!

And other happy goodness.

Election Booth
02-10-2004, 08:49 PM
i didn't think my suggestion would be taken so seriously, heh.

(that we needed more mods)

edit: oops i forgot i was logged in a EB

Nait
02-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Congrats, Yams. I'm not going to change your thread into a thread about the colour of piss. :)

Yamaneko
02-10-2004, 09:07 PM
:(

Oh, and Unne, thanks for setting me up with my first mod position anywhere, at FFClassic forums, when they were around. I learned a lot and hopefully I can apply some of it here. :)

eestlinc
02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
this is how it all started in russia too

Yamaneko
02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Don't worry, it took 70 years for it to all come crashing down. Is anyone opposed to this place closing in 2074?

eestlinc
02-10-2004, 09:23 PM
*flees to Mexico*

Leeza
02-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Congratulations. :)

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
Don't worry, it took 70 years for it to all come crashing down. Is anyone opposed to this place closing in 2074?
So long as I'm alive, I'd like this place to be active.

EDIT: Hmm, am I missing anyone?

Acmlm, Aeris, Agent Proto, Asorie, Atma Weapon, Big D, BOU, Britt, Cactuar2000, Chewbacca, Citizen Bleys, Coach, Collector, crono_logical, Dan Walkie, Daryl, Del Murder, Del Snizz, Dr Unne, erik ramza, FFmusic dj, Gau, IGN64skanker, Jojo, Kawaii Ryűkishi, Knox, Laguna, Leeza, Loony BoB, Master Vivi, Mr Rocko, Nino Brown, Omni Griever, Pixie, Princess Usa, Quigoni, Raistlin, Rickster, Roogle, RSL, Rydia, Rydia of Mist, Scottie, Sean, Seifer 007, Shinryu, ShlupQuack, Sir Krelian, Spatvark, Temple Knight, Terra Ryzin, Thanos, Wyllius, Xander and Yamaneko (and edczxcvbnm and The Man for a joke at some point I think).

Yamaneko
02-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Did Del mod the Del Murder forum?

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Dunno... ask Bleys. He made it, I think.

Election Booth
02-10-2004, 10:26 PM
PG was an admin for a bit :D and what about Quigoni?

The Man
02-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Yams is quite possibly the shrewdest choice yet.

Xander
02-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi Yams! Congrats fellow new knight ^_^

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Election Booth
PG was an admin for a bit :D and what about Quigoni?
I know the first one was a fake, but Quigoni? D= Fill me in? I've a lousy memory. And I need to go to dictionary.com now and look up the definition of shrewd. Bastard Man. >=/

Linus
02-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Quigoni = KnightHawkSqueak = Knight when we first joined.

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Ace. 22/26 letters of the alphabet.

EDIT: Edited the other post. And this one, now.

crono_logical
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
You missed out Guu :D That would be your G :p

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Screw you, crappy name boy! Although Matt can be Gau. That works.

EDIT: 23/26 letters. And I edited this post. And the other one. And the other other one.

Dr Unne
02-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Quigoni was the first non-Sean admin. And how the heck do you know about Shinryu and Atma Weapon?

The Man
02-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
Aeris, Atma Weapon, Laguna, Omni Griever, Pixie, Rickster, Rydia, Shinryu, Terra Ryzin Who the hell were these people?

erik ramza, Jojo When were they staff?

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 10:54 PM
I browsed a crapload of ezBoard threads back when I made that list. I think it was just after Big D was knighted that I made it.

EDIT: Manny - ezBoard. Aeris was on the UBB.

The Man
02-10-2004, 10:55 PM
I've never even heard any of their names. None of them bothered joining the vB? Ancient history, this.

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Hell, a lot of those names I didn't even know before I browsed the ezBoard. =P And I joined in August 2000, which was back in the very short days of the UBB. So... yay? *dunno*

The Man
02-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm still wondering when erik ramza and Jojo were staff. And why they don't have the Former Staff rank if they are ex-staff.

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 11:07 PM
A lot of those staffers don't. It's more of a rank we give to Former vB Forum Staff. Chewbacca was still on staff at this vB, mind you, but oh well. *shruggage*

EDIT: Either way, there was a line that we drew somewhere, and everyone who was staff after that time was put into that group once they retired/got fired/whatever.

The Man
02-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Except Bleys and Unne. Because... god knows why. The same kind of thing that possessed Yams and WesLY to remove their RMship at FG, no doubt.

Peegee
02-10-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm never going to be Cid's Knight. You can't make me :aimmad:

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by The Man
Except Bleys and Unne. Because... god knows why. The same kind of thing that possessed Yams and WesLY to remove their RMship at FG, no doubt.
BOU too.

The Man
02-10-2004, 11:24 PM
*GokuKid749876

Dalkaen de-RMed himself at FG too. Bleh, whatyagonnado.

Citizen Bleys
02-10-2004, 11:34 PM
I'll explain it to you over AIM sometime when I'm not bogged down with convos.

The Man
02-10-2004, 11:35 PM
fair enough. I'm not at home now anyway even though I'm on AIM, so it wouldn't do a whit of good. ;)

crono_logical
02-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Don't worry, I don't particularly want a former staff thing either when I'm no longer admin :p

The Man
02-10-2004, 11:47 PM
The orange is ugly, true.

Loony BoB
02-10-2004, 11:48 PM
I'd probably rather be an RM. Of course, being a CK totally owns all that stuff anyways. I tried having myself demoted beforehand and it totally sucked the big one.

The Man
02-10-2004, 11:51 PM
I tried being a CK once and...

...wait. :(

Mr. Graves
02-10-2004, 11:54 PM
fair enough. I'm not at home now anyway even though I'm on AIM, so it wouldn't do a whit of good. ;)

Neither am I. Yay for boring English classes in computer labs. xD

Congrats Yams. Do well with the knowledge of Unne, my good man.

Del Murder
02-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
Did Del mod the Del Murder forum?
I better the hell have.

Divina
02-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Congratulations, Yams. ^_^

RSL
02-11-2004, 12:16 AM
A lot of those mods that you don't recongnize were mods at the EZboard when it first started. Cid basically handed out moderator positions on a first come, first server basis. Jojo was definitely a mod at the EZboard.

Oh, and congrats to Yamaneko!

RSL
02-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
So long as I'm alive, I'd like this place to be active.

EDIT: Hmm, am I missing anyone?

Acmlm, Aeris, Agent Proto, Asorie, Atma Weapon, Big D, BOU, Britt, Cactuar2000, Chewbacca, Citizen Bleys, Coach, Collector, crono_logical, Dan Walkie, Daryl, Del Murder, Del Snizz, Dr Unne, erik ramza, FFmusic dj, Gau, IGN64skanker, Jojo, Kawaii Ryűkishi, Knox, Laguna, Leeza, Loony BoB, Master Vivi, Mr Rocko, Nino Brown, Omni Griever, Pixie, Princess Usa, Quigoni, Raistlin, Rickster, Roogle, RSL, Rydia, Rydia of Mist, Scottie, Sean, Seifer 007, Shinryu, ShlupQuack, Sir Krelian, Spatvark, Temple Knight, Terra Ryzin, Thanos, Wyllius, Xander and Yamaneko (and edczxcvbnm and The Man for a joke at some point I think).

Double post!

Acmlm was an admin at one point
Aeris is the same aeris that I know from ffwa, she modded the FFVI forum at the UBB with me
Proto is still a mod
Asorie you should all know of
Atma Weapon is leaving me drawing a blank
Big D current mod
Ogre everyone knows
Britt was an admin
Cactuar2000 was one of the most active posters for a period of time
Chewbacca don't remember him much,I remember that he was a mod though
Bleys: duh
Coach was a mod during vb times I think
Collector I remember the name but never knew much about him
Crono_logical still on staff
Dan Walkie modded the EZboard
Daryl and Del Murder are current staffers
Snizz modded not too long ago
Unne everyone knows
erik ramza modded at the ezboard
FFmusicDj modded into the early vb stages
Gau was a mod until very recently
IGN64Skanker: modded at the ezboard and maybe all the way into the vb years. Can't remember how long since he quit.
Jojo modded at the ezboard as XXXSephirothXXX or somethign similar
Kishi is a current mod,
Knox: This guy was apparently on staff but I don't recall it at all
Laguna: doesn't ring a bell
Leeza and loony bob are current staff
master vivi and mr rocko were staff fairly recently
Nino Brown modded during the ezboard
Omni Griever also ezboard
Pixie! I remember her for some reason, she was modded but quickly fell out of Cid's favor and was maybe the first mod every kicked out of staff? I seem to remember something like that
Princess Usa modded during the UBB and maybe early vb
Quigoni was the first admin (other than sean). I seem to remember nothing but bad things coming from this. (www.eyesonff.com was eyes on funky fish or something)
Raistlin modded at the ezboard
The Rickster!! was from ffwa, modded the ezboard
Roogle current staff
RSL is me
Rydia was a really good friend of mine from FFWA, she was really active during the ezboard as well
Rydia of Mist, adminned here not all that long ago
Scottie, long time admin
Sean, site creator and owner
Seifer 007 ezboard
Shinryu doesn't ring a bell
Shlupquack current admin
Sir Krelian was an ezboard mod
Spatvark current mod
Temple Knight was ezboard and maybe UBB?
Terra Ryzin doesn't ring a bell
Thanos was ezboard
Wyllius was a mod until what, a year or so ago?
Xander and Yamaneko are current staff.

Citizen Bleys
02-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Seifer 007 was a mod at the UBB, too, when I started the first Soda vs. Pop wars with him.

EDIT: That was before I was Knighted, I think. I don't recall being at the UBB long before I was Knighted, but I'm pretty sure we had that little luau beforehand.

HOOTERS
02-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Yams is moderator?

*remembers everywhere*

Oh crap...

RSL
02-11-2004, 12:46 AM
The UBB times are a little fuzzy for me. How long were we a UBB anyway? I can hardly even remember what a UBB was like.

I was only a mod at the ezboard for a little bit. I think I joined in December of 1999, was modded, and quit in February of 2000. Then when the UBB started (which was later in 2000?) I was modded again, and have been one ever since.

The Man
02-11-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Rydia's Secret Lover
Rydia was a really good friend of mine from FFWA, she was really active during the ezboard as wellSame Rydia as Rydia Mist on FFWA? She's cool, yup.

Seifer 007 ezboardIsn't that Proto's original screen name? :p

RSL
02-11-2004, 01:11 AM
That's not the same <a href="http://www.ffwa.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=478">Rydia</a>, no. She isn't really around the net anymore, at least not in places that I visit.

And Proto and Seifer 007 are different people.

The Man
02-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Bah, dunno her then.

What was proto's original screen name? And I'm pretty sure Seifer 007 was SOMEONE who was still around when I was a newbie.

escobert
02-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Congrats yams

Shoyku
02-11-2004, 01:25 AM
HuzzuH to you all.

Agent Proto
02-11-2004, 02:05 AM
I've been Seifer 007 once as a trick. :p

Dr Unne
02-11-2004, 02:33 AM
I remember the avatar of Atma Weapon and that's it. I think Shinryu posted in / modded the FFV forum (maybe). Terra Ryzin doesn't ring a bell for me either.

Yamaneko
02-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Shoyku
HuzzuH to you all.
Don't make me abuse my powers. :D

You're all a bunch of dinosaurs living in the past. vB is all that matters. :D

Shlup
02-11-2004, 03:28 AM
No joke, Yams. These guys are turning your thread into a snore fest. I've been around since the EZBoard and I sure as hell do not give a damn about any of this. *falls asleep*

eestlinc
02-11-2004, 04:08 AM
Hsu used to be Zell 007.

Dr Unne
02-11-2004, 04:35 AM
Yeah, those were good times.

Loony BoB
02-11-2004, 01:06 PM
In response to RSL: I think the UBB closed up about 1-2 months after August 2000. We were a vB by Novemeber, that's for sure, because I'm pretty certain Emma wasn't around during the UBB.

<LI>Chewbacca was a CK at the time we changed over to vB, but not long after.
<LI><i>Coach was a mod during vb times I think</i> - Yup.
<LI><i>Collector I remember the name but never knew much about him</i> - yeah, he was the ultimate in silent knights. He finished up during the mass-removal of inactive Knights we had a while back.
<LI><i>IGN64Skanker: modded at the ezboard and maybe all the way into the vb years. Can't remember how long since he quit.</i> - He didn't quit, he was in the same lot of people as Coach and Collector, who were all de-knighted at the same time after lengthy inactivity.
<LI><i>Knox: This guy was apparently on staff but I don't recall it at all</i> - Yeah, he was a temp Knight back when Asorie and Britt were admins. He got knighted when Rydia of Mist was adminned.
<LI><i>Nino Brown modded during the ezboard</i> - He was also an admin at the UBB, and I think he was a knight for a while in the vB... maybe he was in the group that were removed for inactivity, I dunno.
<LI><i>Princess Usa modded during the UBB and maybe early vb</i> - Indeed, she was a Knight but stepped down during the early vB stages. I can't remember if that was before I was on staff or not, but I think it was.
<LI><i>Sir Krelian was an ezboard mod</i> - and the UBB, too - not sure about how far beyond that he went, though. Probably the very first vB, before it got clean slated.
<LI><i>Temple Knight was ezboard and maybe UBB?</i> - Early vB, actually.

That's all off the top of my head, though - I might be wrong. I'm pretty confident of it all though. And yeah, Aeris was at the UBB. When we changed to vB, I got really confused because she didn't join and then Emerald Aeris joined, and I thought they were the same person. Whoops.

Flying Mullet
02-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
These guys are turning your thread into a snore fest. *falls asleep*

The Man
02-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Skanker and Knox weren't mods when I joined, but Coach, C2k and Collector were, so those two must have been removed earlier than that. That's the only part of BooB's post that I care about, actually.

Agent Proto
02-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Skanker was a mod way before you even joined Aaron.

Knox was a mod for about a couple weeks.

Citizen Bleys
02-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Bah, dunno her then.

What was proto's original screen name? And I'm pretty sure Seifer 007 was SOMEONE who was still around when I was a newbie.

She's the same as Sonie who ran Final Fantasy: Heaven's Well. Well before your time.

And BoB, Krel was an admin.

In fact, I do believe he was an admin at the time that he showed everybody in chat his penis.

The Man
02-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Is that the only thing anyone ever remembers about him anymore? :exdee:

Citizen Bleys
02-11-2004, 11:42 PM
I remember lots of things about Krel. I actually thought he was a pretty cool fellow (in spite of BOU's protests to the contrary) up until penis-posting time.

I used to lurk at Krel's ezBoard, the Hobo's Box City. Paul's fault.

(Paul Morris, not Paul Knox)

RSL
02-12-2004, 02:59 AM
Holy balls! I forgot all about Krel being an admin. I wasn't in chat during the penis incident and have only heard about it.

Endless
02-12-2004, 02:50 PM
There was a penis posted on the boards too. Right in the middle at the top. I was in chat when it happened, and it was a mess.

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-15-2004, 06:31 AM
what WHAT?
too many penises, I say.