PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Least Favorite FFT Bugs?

Tetra
02-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Favorite: When you get Cloud in FFT, you find out he can wear/use female only equimpment in addition to other equipment. (Probably as a joke - cause in FF7 he dresses in drag :D )

Least Favorite: When you steal an archers bow, while they're charging up - they still attack (albiet with their fists) and hit you with a charged up punch attack "FROM A DISTANCE" despite them having no bow anymore. :mad:

Edgar
02-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Er...it's not a bug (the one on Cloud). :D

The second one was interesting. I've never heard of it before...

Tetra
02-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but I still like it cause it's funny an such :D :p

Great Warrior
02-11-2004, 09:51 PM
my favorite bug, is the instant 9999 JP bug...

you go into a job that can scroll such as "Chemist" and click on a item to learn... when it asks Is this okay? YES/NO DONT HIT YES instead press and hold square and then tap either up or down on the directonal pad... try to make the cursor land on a skill that you dont have enough points to learn.. then release square and then select YES.... :)

then it will either gray out all the abilitys and give you 0000JP wich then you have to exit the learn screen and re enter it and you will find you have 9999JP in that title... :) or it will stay at 0000JP untill you exit and re enter but will allow you to learn all abilitys w/o exiting and re entering...

Tetra
02-13-2004, 11:58 AM
That's a real nasty bug ewww...... :whoa:

Edgar
02-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Wow, best bug ever :D

But I'll stick to normal leveling. I'll check if it's true tho, when I get a FFT disc.

Great Warrior
02-15-2004, 02:40 PM
its difficult to do :p

it only works on: Chemist, Summoner, Time Mage, Preist, Oracle, lancer, ninja, samuria (D'Oh i can never spell samuria right).

if it dont work the first few times keep trying...

somtimes it makes you loose a bit of points and sometimes it makes you gain some points before it works....

hehe i usually get a team of summoners and do this trick and then use a action replay to get Zero Charge ablilty and start casting odin and cyclops on everything in the battle feild.... loads of fun... :tongue:

Tetra
02-23-2004, 12:38 AM
That bug seems like it would make the game rather boring if you used it........... :(

Rowen
04-22-2004, 01:18 PM
it really works but its useless when u first start cuz u have no mp hehe

Lachlan
04-22-2004, 01:42 PM
My least favorite bug is the duplicate excalibur bug, cause I never get it to work. :p

BG-57
04-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Aw that's my favorite bug!

Try this:

1) Go to a shop that sells knight swords.

2) Have a charcter in a profession that can equip knight swords.

3) Put the 2-swords ability on that character.

4) Equip the character with the Excalibur on the shield hand and a shield on the sword hand (i.e. backwards from normal).

5) Select 'Best Fit'. The shop will try to fit your character with two swords of the same kind (i.e. you'll get a chance to buy a second Excalibur for 10 Gil!)

6) Accept the best fit option, pay for the new sword and you're done! :)

Lachlan
04-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Yeah I know how to do it. I have tried in top hand, bottom hand. No matter what, I can never get it to work. I wonder if its some how patched O.o
heehee thanks for the info. When I get it this go around I am gunna follow your directoins to a t and pray. lol.

Mr. Show
04-26-2004, 01:22 AM
If you waste hours of your life pointlessly leveling up in random battles, you'll notice that the "oil covered" status doesn't make you more suseptible to fire damage, like it should. This is a well documented bug, bit it really shows how lazy QA people can be :mad:

Lachlan
05-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok, I have ramaza as a Knight with two swords. I put excalibur in one hand and a shield in the other hand. I went to all 3 castles I have access to at this point. AND, nothing. I go to the shot and pick "best fit" and all it puts in the other hand is a rune blade. I tried reversing hands and still, rune blade. I still cant get this bug to work and this is exactly why its my least favorite. :mad2:

bEoWuLfX
05-02-2004, 05:12 AM
That's sad how you can't get the glitch to work. I firmly believe that cheating is wrong, but that doesn't mean I won't help. :D Alright first make the character a knight then for an ability put in 2 swords. Next equip a shield in the top hand and the sword you want duplicated in the bottom hand. Then got to a castle and select best fit for the character. The sword should be moved to the other hand thus adding another sword to your invetory. Buy the best fit and that's it. :mog: I would not use anycheats in this game because you should experience the game first hand without them.

Lachlan
05-02-2004, 05:34 PM
will the shop say its excalibur or whatever sword is available from the shop. Cuase if its suposed to say excalibur then it dont work.

Jolts
05-11-2004, 11:40 PM
its difficult to do :p

it only works on: Chemist, Summoner, Time Mage, Preist, Oracle, lancer, ninja, samuria (D'Oh i can never spell samuria right).

Not true, I've gotten it to work on White Mage and Black Mage as well. If you get the 'Ice' ability in the middle and go up, you might get to one of the other abilities that you can't learn yet (assuming that you only have about 50 JP). I can't remember exactly how I did it with White Mage, but I think I use 'Shell' for it.

As for the sword duplication. All I know is that the sword to be duplicated has to be stronger than any sword in the shop's list. Also, you have to have the "Two Swords" support ability equipped.

My favorite bug:
The 9999 JP bug is my favorite.

Least favorite bug:
If you get more than 99 of an item that [shop] has, and you try to go to the list it's in, the game freezes. The item duplication trick also seems to duplicate shields, and that's how this happened to me.

AaronD
05-18-2004, 04:33 AM
to get 2 excaliburs it only worked in 1 city for me i havent done it in ahile but i believe its near the bottom of the map