PDA

View Full Version : aim/icq/yahoo stuff in postbit

The Man
02-11-2004, 10:04 PM
first, you'll probably want to remove the "-->" at the end of those. looks ugly.

second, there's an unsightly larger amount of space in between the icq/aim stuff than their is between the rest of the buttons, although that's not as urgent to fix in my view.

thirdly, as long as you're enabling them in the postbit, might as well go full-on. there are also aim/icq/yahoo icons that can be enabled in the memberlist and Who's Online and quite possibly elsewhere in the templates as well. it might require you to modify online.php slightly to make the tables appear properly though, i dunno if it checks to see if you're allowing the messenger stuff or not; if it doesn't, you'll have to add 3 to "$whosonlinecolspan" or whatever it's called. not much of a hack though so i don't see why anyone would be against doing it ;)

Cid
02-11-2004, 10:09 PM
They'll be gone in a minute. I had to turn the option on for a while.

The Man
02-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Ah, fair enough then. ;) It looked really unfinished, hence my mentioning it ;)

thing is, they actually blend in quite well with the rest of the set, so you might want to leave them. if you can sort those issues out. or not. whatever ;)

Erdrick Holmes
02-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Cid, did you do it to add people to your friends list or something?

Cid
02-11-2004, 10:46 PM
No, has to do with the frontpage project.

Citizen Bleys
02-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Are you sure you should do this just now? A stable release of vB3 is just around the corner (We're already using it at LJF), and vB3 will probably be completely incompatible with this frontsite integration software, so it'll blow all of these changes to hell.

VB3 is effing awesome, too. I could never counsel sticking with vB2, not the way vB3 has shaped up so far.

Cid
02-11-2004, 11:49 PM
It transfers okay, from what I understand.

The Man
02-11-2004, 11:51 PM
vb3 certainly does look ace-cubed. i need to renew my license so i can download the stable version when it comes out (last version i managed to get was release candidate two).

Citizen Bleys
02-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Cid
It transfers okay, from what I understand.

Alright, now I'm bloody well jealous. Vesper's frontsite (/betasite/, not the document root) is unfinished and looks like complete kuk.

eestlinc
02-12-2004, 07:38 AM
I thought things looked trouted.

Peegee
02-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Some 'icq online status' icons don't work, and result in big unsightly red x's that are too big. If those aren't fixed yet pls fix