PDA

View Full Version : Metroid : Zero Mission

Lindy
02-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Bottom-kickingly good remake of Metroid for the NES, everyone loves it, right?

I certainly do.

I was sitting there, playing it, thinking "Wouldn't it be cool if they had a grip thing like Fusion, but I guess, they didn't in the original, so it won't be in this..."

...AND THEN I FIND THE POWER GRIP! HOW COOL IS THAT.

Also, a lot of energy tanks and missiles are found in places they were in Super Metroid and not in the original Metroid, which I like.

The other question is :

First play through, time and percentage.

2:07:51 68%

Quite good, considering I never finished the original Metroid.

And now I think more, it's more than just a remake of the original, it's more a...revamped version.

edczxcvbnm
02-12-2004, 02:16 AM
The power grip has got to be the lamest power up ever! You have a frickin' robotic suit. It has life support systems and the whole but the some how forgot to give you the ability to grab onto a ledge and manipulate your fingers....yeah right! Worst power up ever!

I don't have this game but being a huge fan of the series I just need to get paid mad style and then it is mine(friday).

Heath
02-13-2004, 09:50 PM
It's enjoyable, very much so. I've not played the original NES Metroid so I can't compare it to that.

Ridley is pathetically easy. The long beam is the stupidest power up ever. Especially if you consider it's the second power up you get and you get it within minutes, so why not let you start off with a normal beam length like in other games?

Lindy
02-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Heath
It's enjoyable, very much so. I've not played the original NES Metroid so I can't compare it to that.

Ridley is pathetically easy. The long beam is the stupidest power up ever. Especially if you consider it's the second power up you get and you get it within minutes, so why not let you start off with a normal beam length like in other games?

Ridley was easier in the original, since you could actually avoid all his attacks by rolling into a ball and hiding in the corner, and he had hit-areas all over his body.

Ridley's grab attack occurs in EVERY game he's in, except for Prime and the NES original (since it was too crap to manage doing that, heck you can't even aim at a 45 degree angle), it's just that in this one he doesn't take very many missiles to die.

Heck, he doesn't even hammer you with Fire in Fusion, just grabs you.

The long beam is just one of those weird things they decided to have, I think it was so it made it a little harder in the start of the game, until you got the long beam, you couldn't hit any of the enemies that attacked you from above (like the Shriekbats).

It's snazzy anyway.

Del Murder
02-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
The power grip has got to be the lamest power up ever! You have a frickin' robotic suit. It has life support systems and the whole but the some how forgot to give you the ability to grab onto a ledge and manipulate your fingers....yeah right! Worst power up ever!

Maybe it's not a powerup but a manual on how to perform the move, like she forgot or something.

BlkKnight
02-14-2004, 01:43 AM
My guess is that the power suit just doesn't have good grip considering Samus has no problem grabbing ledges without the powerup when she's without the powersuit.

Heath
02-14-2004, 01:22 PM
If they were going to make it harder, then they should have left it until a little bit later, because you get it within 5 minutes of playing, which was my point.

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2004, 01:32 PM
I have the game now am I am for the most part not disappointed. The new areas are kind of cool and I like how the option is present for you to skip using the Chozo statue to tell you were to go. I am in the middle of the Nofair right now and just as confused as ever.

I do recognize alot from the original. Even more so in the brinstar right now.

Lindy
02-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Dear god, Hard mode is fun.

Superbly difficult addition to an already tricky game.

Not only to enemies take more hits from you, and deal out more damage, other things have been tampered with as well...

You now get 2 missiles from every expansion instead of 5, only 1 Super missile from each, and only 1 power bomb. Basically, halving what you get in normal.

And each Energy Tank is now only worth 50 Energy instead of 100.

Pure class.

Heath
02-14-2004, 08:40 PM
You only get the power bomb really late anyway and it's needed for very few things.

Lindy
02-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Heath
You only get the power bomb really late anyway and it's needed for very few many things.

To get almost all of the last expansions, you need Power Bombs.

Heath
02-14-2004, 09:38 PM
In Easy and Normal they really aren't needed though. I'm not sure about hard.

edczxcvbnm
02-17-2004, 03:10 PM
I am playing through hard mode right now...trying to get 15% or less! Right now I am about to go up against ridley. This is a with only 2 total missles and 199 total energy. But talk about challenging. I don't even fear Ridley. I fear facing mother brain because she is a ! DAMN is she hard!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2004, 12:38 AM
I got it the day it was released--the 10th--and played it at least once every day until I had gotten all eight endings on the 16th. So in love.

The Puppy
04-16-2004, 05:08 AM
I beat it and loved it. I did not know there are multiple endings?
I loved the extra metroid unlocked after beating game.

~Puppy