PDA

View Full Version : The Candidates Speak!

Election Booth
02-12-2004, 07:28 AM
This thread will include questions and answers for the various candidates on important topics applicable to the forums they hope to represent. I will post the question and answers staggered for each forum and you may post comments in here.

The first is the first forum set for which I have all six candidates' answers, the Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 forums (this is a long one):

Name all thirteen Stellazio coins and where each is found, yet do so in a way that demonstrates you didn't just google and find it at FFOnline.com

fallen_angel_666 (BAotW):
The Stellazio coins tell the story of the 12 zodiacs well if you know greek mythology then you know the story I for one cannot remember the story but the coins can be found if you go to the locations next to them on this list compiled from my recent hurried gameplay thank god I have lots of save files on different memory cards else I would never remember them all...

Aries - to be found in the windmill In Dali village i think it is upstairs but can't quite remember so go in there and look for yourselves

Taurus - in Treno town slums there is a shop you can go behind go there to find the Taurus coin

Gemini - Many people like me didn't get this first time but I got bored and sat around throwing money away in the wishing well in Treno thinking "why the hell put something you can waste money on there must be an item prize or something..." then after around 100 gil I got the Gemini coin best hour and a half wasted ever....(I carried on throwing money in to see what else was down there the end result is a big fat nothing)

Cancer - why do we name a disease after this? anyhows heres the coin for you; in Burmecia the rainy city of the rat people that Freya runs out on in the past to return in it's devastation there's an apple cart in the entrance go there and look around to recieve the coin

Leo - In Alexandria castle probably best to get it before the attack of Kuja if possible I tend to do this in the opening with Steiner or Blank and Zidane on the way to the princess... Well it's in the room with the Neptune statue lift thing to he harbour

Virgo - the desire of them all is in the black mage inn in their village on the northern continent

Libra - when you go to Madeen sarai for the first time look behind the statue when Eiko goes away and you find it

Scorpio - Remember that guy Quan who raised Vivi well in his house is the scorpio coin at the bottom of the ladder

Capricorn - we all know Dagguerro is full of water well search it theres a stellazio coin there

Aquarius - one of the harder to find in my opinion as you get distracted in Ipsens castle a lot but in the first screen it is there

Pisces - Damn PG or whatever he likes to be called now... almost made me write Piecies in stead lol well this is easy it's actually on board the invincible when you gain control of it

the last coin in the game is not a Zodiac sign it goes by the name of Opiuchus and to find it you read every coin well they are directions to this one but seing as I got asked to tell you where to get it it is in Quan's dwelling where you found Scorpio when you give this last coin to the stellazio lady in treno you get a hammer! pretty poor prize if you ask me but personally I love the stellazio coins too much to give them away

CloudDragon (Sex-Slaves):
Alright, I'm going to be pretty blunt and honest, I'm not going to cheat to get these answers. It may have been awhile since I played FF9, but I think I can still remember all the names begin that most are the zodiacs and of the horoscopes, (has somewhat of an arsed up memory) but not quite where they are. Here goes nothing:
Stellazio - Found here
Aries - My horoscope, God of War, sucks a mean...arm
Scorpio - I think this was the one found at the same place as the one I didn't know. Quan's cave maybe?
Taurus - Pokémon that SUCKS.
Aquarius - Found in a lake somewhere?
Penis Pisces - Oooh, the good airship, the last one the Invincible I think.
Sagg TITarius - Some old lady's boobies.
Gemini - Twins, just the way I like'em
Leo - The late bloomer, and am I the only one who remembers that book about the lion?
Cancer - Zidane had a little accident and this popped out his pants.
Libro - Steiner took a crap, this little thingie popped out?
Capricum Capricorn - BoB's pants
Virga - How's this, I HAVE NO IDEA

I do remember there was one more I don't remember the name but it was found in like the relative to Quena, or whoever the fat chef guy's name was.

Did anyone else like my answers? I did. :D

DocFrance (Conservative):
Aries is in the windmill in Dali, sort of hidden in the background.
Taurus is in Treno around the item shop - the one in the slums
Gemini is in the fountain at the entrance of Treno, if you throw in 10 gil 13 times
Cancer is behind some overturned basket in Burmecia
Leo is in that room next to the Alexandria party - with the thing that transports you place to place on the water
Virgo is next to the bed in the Black Mage Inn
Libra is in Madain Sari, next to the fountain
Scorpio is on the floor near the hot sprind in Quan's cave
Sagitarrius is off in the background of Lindblum (the screen with the pickle cart) near some contruction - you can only find it after disc 3
Capricorn is on the right side of Daguerreo's main room, in the water
Aquarius is in a treasure chest right at the entrance of Ipsen's castle
Pisces is in a chest on the bridge of the Invincible.
Opiuchus is in the exact same place as Scorpio, and you can only find it after you found the other twelve.

Jenova Rebirth (Pirate):
Scorpio - Quan's place
Gemini - throw a coin x10 at the fountain in Treno
Pises - at the right hand corner of the invincible (that room with the teleporter thing)
Virgo - in the inn (haha) at BM village
Capricon - in the water at Dagurreo
That Thirteenth One Which Name Has Escaped Me - where Scorpion was after you got all the other 12
*(Following are complete guesses)
Aries - Lindblum
Cancer - Treno somewhere
Leo - Pinnacle Rocks
Libra - Conde Petit
Sagitarius - Burmecia
Taurus - Iifa Tree

Enoki (Newbie):
Ok the thirteen Stellazios are:

Leo
Scorpio
Virgo
Pisces
Sagittarius
Libra
Aries
Cancer
Gemini
Taurus
Capricorn
Aquarius
Ophiuchus

Where are they at? Well after you've found them all you can go back and visit them at the Queen's house in Treno (lol), but other then that I can't really pin point their exact locations. I mean come on it's been like 3 years since I played the game. But I know you find a couple in the marsh. One on the statue thing in Madain Sari like before you meet Eiko (or right after, cant really remember). You can get one on the invincible, theres like two or three in Lindblum......and thats all I really remember. The others are all spread out throughout various towns and such( pretty sure there was one in Alexandria). Oh well, probably not the best answer but I tried.

Agent 6 (Mystery):
1) Coin of Suffering - Bleys's Bum.
2) Coin of Angst - Bleys's urine sample.
3) Coin of Teenage - Unne's sex dungeon.
4) Coin of Coins - Take a left at the brightest star to the north.
5) Coin of The Mendelean Table of the Elements - Chem lab before school turns evil.
6) Coin of Understanding - Trick coin, doesn't exist unless Squall falls in love with Cloud.
7) Coin of Pointless Quest - Go outside the gate to Boring Castle, on the keypad, enter : '696969'. This opens a hallway to the Mentor Hall in the ruins underneaths Stupid Land. Take the train there and knock on the door twice. When the lady opens tell her you have seen the body of her dead cat. She will give you the coin.
8) Steve - With Greg.
9) Greg - Very close to Steven, just go right.
10) Orlando Bloom - My sister's magazine rack.
11) Coin of Jerry Seinfeld - Buy expansion pack, FINAL FANTASY? MORE LIKE FINAL GENERIC PLOTLINE.
12) Zefiroth - Hidden in a cabbage outside the dungeon of Cold Nipples.
13) Mongrel. Defeat DJ Shadow at spinning a Sir Mix-A-Lot EP 7''.

Psychotic
02-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Good job FA666!

But uh.... Agent 6 seems to have an unhealthy obsession with " Bleys's Bum" and being cynical. It's not who I think it is.....is it?

Peegee
02-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Where's the rest of the 'candidates'? Are we doing like six days of this crapola? Just spam it all out and be done with it grr

Iceglow
02-12-2004, 01:02 PM
lol 'twas hard work 4 memory cards and 2.5 hours to remember them all but it was done thanks psychotic

The Man
02-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Good job FA666!

But uh.... Agent 6 seems to have an unhealthy obsession with " Bleys's Bum" and being cynical. It's not who I think it is.....is it? My guess is Linus. Unless he's already in some other party in which case no.

And PG, it's much more fun if we do it this way.

Peegee
02-12-2004, 02:29 PM
You have disgusting, perverted, and sick sense of fun, Aaron

The Man
02-12-2004, 02:42 PM
That's supposed to be news to me?

Flying Mullet
02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Jenova Rebrith's answers are the best without a doubt!

Kirobaito
02-12-2004, 02:59 PM
A'ar, FM, I agree. He definitely didn't cheat and tried his hardest. Now, three cheers for Cloud....err Jenova, I still don't get the name change...

**crickets chirp**

Okay, so um...Three cheers for rum!

**massive cheers and orgy ensues**

edczxcvbnm
02-12-2004, 04:37 PM
OMG!1! Agent 6 is hilarious. Coin of pointless quest. Its so true :cry:

Flying Mullet
02-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
OMG!1! Agent 6 is hilarious. Coin of pointless quest. Its so true :cry:
:laugh:

Although I could have sworn that Zefiroth was in a bush, not in a cabbage. Man, I need to go back and play the game.

The Man
02-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I sincerely think that Agent 6 would be the best candidate amongst this motley crew.

Flying Mullet
02-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by The Man
I sincerely think that Agent 6 would be the best candidate amongst this motley crew.
S/He'd be a lot cooler if s/he was a pirate.

Enoki
02-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Go Enoki!.......what? *takes the paper bag off his head and stomps off*

.........oh well good work everybody else....

Squires
02-12-2004, 07:00 PM
So, are we voting on which answers we like best, or what?

Auron_Kotetsu
02-12-2004, 07:04 PM
FA666, you bagged this one in terms of practical knowledge. But I have to give props to Agent for those answers. I myself am really glad I didn't try for this category!

Is anyone else miffed that the question only has to do with FFIX?! Of the three games in that category, IX is the worst. I would much rather have heard everyone's favorite materia combos and dividing party, or like... the best way to get Diablos early in VIII. Cos I sure wouldn't have even been able to care about this question, let alone answer it!

I mean... well done, Boothy! Well done indeed!

*mutter mutter* grrshnikkadrrIHATE9grrmrrshngr.

eestlinc
02-12-2004, 07:05 PM
vote on whatever reason you want, but the questions are supposed to help you decide who would make a good representative for the chosen forums and also who is creative or funny, if that's what you like.

Squires
02-12-2004, 07:14 PM
So basically we're all taking notes for now, and there'll be one big vote later on down the road?

Baloki
02-12-2004, 07:14 PM
A stupid question for all those idiots out there *whistles*, how do you vote, via PM or is there an even more secret way?

Election Booth
02-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Time for round two. Also, Agent six is not Linus. :)

edit: I'll tell you how to vote after we get all the answers up. I don't want anyone voting without all the proper info!

Here's the question and answer for the Lounge, General Gaming, and Arts and Writing forums

Which is a cooler bad guy, Rocky Wrench or Repo Man? Also, please answer this question in the form of a poem.

RikkuYuna89 (BAotW):
The sound of your car being robbed in the night
Look, it's Otto Maddox dressed in a tight
leather jacket at the wheel of your car
Rocky you can chase him from near to far
But he'll just tell you this...
It's 4:00am, do you know where your car is?

Giggles (Sex-Slaves):
Rocky Wrench, he's a super cool bad guy
He thinks he's all that, which is definitely not a lie.
If I had a choice, I'd choose him over pie!
Rockey Wrench. What a cool bad guy.

Wyllius (Conservative):
Both characters present an escapist ideal which is entirely falsehood and must be crushed, as well as their respective owners being burnt at the stake as punishment until they are confirmed dead or until letting them loose to fall to the ground screaming is deemed sufficient. In light of today's literature standards, this no doubt also qualifies as a poem.

King Bahamut (Pirate):
Rocky vs. Repo
by King Bahamut

When confronted with this question,
I was left with great distress.
For out of these two enemies,
I know not which is the best.

I pondered hard in the early day,
And well into the night.
And finally it came to me
Which one of these was right.

To compare them both by look, you see,
Would have no point at all.
So the only way to choose, I say,
Is a one-time bad-ass brawl.

For in this bad guy deathmatch final,
Rocky Wrench and Repo Man
Squared up their shoulders, charged at each other,
And then the battle, it began.

The Rock popped out and propellered forth,
Towards that FF villain.
He launched a wrench, and then cried out,
"I got me some RPG killin'."

So then, the Repo Man countered strong,
He dodged it with a zip.
And with his IRS ID,
He repossessed Rock's doomship.

So now, they stood, evened up
Both placed upon the ground.
And rearing back their right-hand fists,
They knocked each other down.

They reached their feet, and then Rocky
Reached back and chunked a wrench.
It plunked that sucker on the head,
And Repo Man did flinch.

And using this climactic moment,
Rocky Wrench let out a push.
Repo Man then slipped and fell,
Right upon his tush.

And finally, now, the fight was won,
The battle, now, had ended.
And to the throne of coolest bad guy,
Rocky Wrench ascended.

Rocky Wrench is best, I say,
With a furrowed brow.
He threw a silver tool at me,
It hit me. I said "Ow!"

And so, my online forum friends,
You now know which is better.
Rocky Wrench over Repo Man,
Let the votes go unfettered.

THE END

Axamenta (Newbie):
Rocky Wrench is uber-cool
Whereas Repo Man is rather lame
Let's conclude he is a fool
And decide he gets the blame

For all the harm that's in the world
Because he's got a hunchback
And since hunchbacks don't twist and twirl
To funky music, they lack

A serious sense of rhythm 'n' blues
No rock 'n' roll inside them
Repo Man's got ugly shoes
But that wasn't so ad rem

Of me
Because you see
If you want to be
As cool and funky as he *points at Rocky Wrench*
You'll have to vote for the Newbie Partyy!
However if you want be
As lame as Avril Lavigne-y
You'll have to vote for another partyy!

Agent 3 (Mystery):
Repo Man would be the best,
because he wears a bright green vest.

Yamaneko
02-12-2004, 07:20 PM
I like short poems. :)

Baloki
02-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Thank you

*removes idiot sign from above head*

*sits and waits to see his (hopefully unedited) answer in lights :)*

:choc:

The Man
02-12-2004, 07:32 PM
the only poem i can truly approve of is agent 3's, as none of the others voice support for repo man. wyllius's poem made me "laugh" though.

Flying Mullet
02-12-2004, 07:36 PM
King Bahamut's is literary genius! :thumb:

The Man
02-12-2004, 07:38 PM
it also has this tragic flaw of not going in repo man (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3072)'s favour. i'm afraid that makes it tripe.

Psychotic
02-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey, Axamenta, leave the Avril bashing to BAoTW, alright? :D

Flying Mullet
02-12-2004, 07:42 PM
it also has this tragic flaw of not going in repo man (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3072)'s favour. i'm afraid that makes it tripe.
Old members don't sway our vote!

eestlinc
02-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Seriously, almost everyone came out on the side of rocky wrench. ROCKY WRENCH.

The Man
02-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Old members don't sway our vote! That's because you all suck.

Originally posted by eestlinc
Seriously, almost everyone came out on the side of rocky wrench. ROCKY WRENCH. Of all the atrocities in the world... *goes away grumbling*

eestlinc
02-12-2004, 07:49 PM
repo man isn't an "old member" and he would come post in this thread if some unnamed administrator who eats birds hadn't disabled his ability to post. :p

The Man
02-12-2004, 07:53 PM
repo man's absence at this election is truly an atrocity ;_;

Loony BoB
02-12-2004, 08:04 PM
The reason people thought the other thingy was a cooler bad guy is because repo man isn't bad. He's just drawn that way.

Burtsplurt
02-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Hmm, am I the only one who's not emphatically in love with repo man?

I'm a floating voter at the moment. The Conservatives are tempting.

Auron_Kotetsu
02-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Uh-oh. Bahamut's poem was really well done. Like... it was intimidatingly well done. I'm kind of frightened. Who would have thought a pirate would be so... lyrical?

The Man
02-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Burtsplurt
Hmm, am I the only one who's not emphatically in love with repo man?Apparently not, since only one of the poems was in praise of repo man.

;_;

Enoki
02-12-2004, 08:31 PM
wow the pirates didnt say "D'arr" the whole poem. Go Axamenta!!!

Del Murder
02-12-2004, 09:15 PM
It should be obvious that repo man is far superior. Score another one for the :choc:

Kirobaito
02-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey, atleast someone liked mine...more than I thought, considering EB's original comments about it. I tried to be funny, but serious at the same time and it turned into something I was really proud of. And, if you look at most of my posts, Enoki, I'm probably amongst the few members of my party that didn't say d'arr in every sentence (but I did in some) and I didn't plunder/pillage. I am a little mad that I never got a wench, though. D'arr.

CloudDragon
02-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Mystery has to be all veterans, and thus why they will probably win.

I didn't cheat on my answer, as its plainly clear I didn't xD, as for others I don't know except FA666 maybe, and Ash because I know they didn't cheat, at least I think. But I do want to go to any assumptions.

Its because they don't know of the greatness of repo man, mostly somewhat newer people in that category anyway.

It's because

Election Booth
02-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Ok, more answers! This time for the Final Fantasy 10, 10-2, and 11 forums

Do innovations like sequels and online games improve or hurt the final fantasy game series?

Auron_Kotetsu (BAotW):
Well, this is certainly an interesting question that will have its defenders on both sides. I for one have a very strong opinion about both of the facets included in this question, and this will not be the first time I've stated them.

The Final Fantasy (which I will henceforth abbreviate as FF) game series is a long tradition with which many of us have been familiar for a long time. I myself am comparably new to the titles, having only been playing them for about four years. So far, having beaten three of them, and with another three in the works, I can say fairly certainly that the strongest aspects of the FF series are its deep characters, which are often multi-dimensional and well developed, its complex plotlines, which hold interest well and are often very emotionally engaging, and possibly most of all, its exciting, convoluted twist endings. Sometimes, however, you get to the end of the game, and so little is actually given to you that you want more. My favorite example of this, even before they made its sequel, has always been Final Fantasy X. At the end of X, (SPOILER) we are told that the main character, Tidus, will be effectively "unmade" if they are victorious in the coming conflict. However, many hints are given (such as by the Fayths in the temples when you revisit them after obtaining their Aeon; most notably Shiva) that this is not exactly true. At the end of the credits, we are shown Tidus, waking up and "swimming away", even though he should no longer exist. For those of us playing the International version, there is also the additional segment in which we see Tidus imprisoned, clearly alive and clearly in trouble. This effectively sets the stage for a sequel, and it would have been almost rude of them not to have made one. I know I was personally jubilant at the chance both to delve back into the rich world of Spira, as well as to find out just what the blazes happened to Tidus, and whether Yuna was sentenced to a life without him.

Having played X-2 (though not beaten it - I am still on Chapter 5), I'm ambivalent at this point about whether or not this sequel was a good one; however, a sequel in this case was absolutely necessary. I would be happy to see sequels for other FF games as well - I know I would relish the chance to dive back into the world of FFVII and see what happened there. The main problem with making a sequel to a game is staying true to the original; being too innovative when making a sequel will not only be bad for the sequel itself, but it will also devalue the original title by association. I personally feel that X-2 is a good game, but not necessarily a worthy sequel to X, which is one of my two favorite FF titles. If you're ever around the X-2 forum, I'm sure you've seen my little rants and revelations on why this is so; if not, here's a couple.

So my take on sequels, in brief, is this: A sequel MUST stay loyal to the story set forth in the preceding game. It must also keep true to the old characters and their development. Basically, it should not feel like a brand new game, with no similarities but the areas and the monsters, but neither should it feel like a rehashing of the old one. The trick in a sequel is finding that balance, and I'm afraid they missed the mark a bit in FFX-2

Online FF titles are a whole separate matter entirely. I explain in-depth why I dislike the very idea in this post (though it was rather off-topic at the time). If you don't want to go read all that there, I'll recap it for you.

Making XI an online game was not an "innovation" at all, but rather a clear attempt to jump on a bandwagon that has already proven to be a good moneymaking market. The MMORPG (Mass Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) has already proven that if you provide a paid-subscription-based game that can hold interest for a prolonged period of time, it will make you much more money than a title that gamers must only pay once for. Everquest and Ultima Online are two of my favorite examples in this field; these and many other games of that type have already been on the market for years, and have made money for their creators. An "innovation" would have been if Square was the first one to break the MMORPG ground; this, however, was nothing more than a moneymaking ploy.

"But hey, A_K, as far as MMORPG's go, FFXI is a good one!"

That is not the issue. The fact is that the MMORPG genre is not suited to house a FF title. Think about the things that make a FF game what it is:
*Strong character development.
*A party that you control, at least in part, for the entire game.
*A complex storyline that is revealed slowly, through character action.
*An absolutely huge ending.

Now if you look at these four aspects in terms of a MMORPG, you will realize that the genre in itself makes at least three of them impossible. The reasons are as follows:
*Characters can not be developed strongly, because your party is comprised of individual players, who you do not spend the entire game playing with. Instead, your party is constantly rotating, making any real development absolutely impossible.
*As stated, you do not control an entire party; rather, a party is comprised of individual PC's that come and go. This means that the only aspect of your party's development that you control is that of your own character - which destroys the tight-woven feel of the FF game.
*The plot cannot depend on character action to be revealed. Because every character is a "main character" to someone, party members cannot be counted on to act in a certain way with regard to a storyline. therefore, the plot must be simple and straightforward, perhaps with some twists written in, but nothing on the scale of other games, where, suppose, one party member will turn against you, or your party will be separated and later reunited. Also, there can be no love story. There is always an underlying love story in a FF game. But you can't force two PC's to fall in love - and every PC can't fall in love with the same NPC. Therefore, the game is a lot less emotionally engaging and a lot more routine.
*To make the game "end" is counter-intuitive to the format of the MMORPG; if the game ends, people will stop playing it, and the point of a MMORPG is to keep people playing and keep them paying. Therefore, the ending, if there is one, cannot end gameplay, otherwise you will lose subscription.

It's not a question of whether or not FFXI is a "good game". The fact is that with all these qualities that run directly in contradiction to the workings of the ten preceding titles, this should not have been made the next FF title. The reason Square made it FFXI is so that people who feel a loyalty to the FF line will buy it and play it - not because it is necessarily a good game, but because the opening screen says "Final Fantasy XI". If they had released it as an independent title, they would have had to rely on the strength of the game itself; instead, they gave it the title that has held so many gamers with its excellent games, knowing that people would buy it and play it just because the box says "FFXI". And some people have. I, for one, did not. I will wait until they realize that it isn't right to completely alter the format of a game series to something that will rob it of its greatest strengths. I love these games, and I refuse to see their title pillaged of its meaning simply as a means of getting subscription and making more money; I am disgusted by the tactic, and I will not condone it by buying the title. Your dollar is your stamp of approval; this is true not just here, but in all things!

Innovations are only really innovative if they are breaking new ground - not just for the game series, but in all games. I think there are many aspects of X-2 that earn it the title of an "innovation": the Dressphere System, the Real-time fighting system and Chain Combat, and the Skill Development method are all new in their own right. If they had simply been more true to the plotline of X, I can easily see this being one of my favorites. I would be happy to see sequels made to other FF games, so long as they are viewed as projects in their own right.

But making FF games in the MMORPG format was a cowardly, greedy, and ultimately wrong decision. Its inability to hold to the things that make FF titles innately great games. Someday, perhaps, it will be possible for a MMORPG to actually fulfill the criteria that make up a FF game - and when that day comes, I'll be the first to buy it. But that day has not yet come, and so I say: Shame on you, Squaresoft, for having called this game the next Final Fantasy, and thereby betraying your title so fundamentally.

I realize that having strong opinions will often make you as many enemies as friends, if not more. Still, I cannot pretend to believe what I do not. I will say this, however, in closing: I respect the opinions of others, and I enjoy a good debate. You do not need to agree with me, and I do not expect that everyone will. I only expect that on these forums, we can perhaps learn something from one another - not just in respect to our gaming, but as human beings.

After all, the characters in these games - they're just people too.

Representative or not, I'll be seeing you on the forums, people. Over and out.

Misfit (Sex-Slaves):
You see, lady... they hurt. THEY HURT BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TEH MONKEYS! Monkeys should be added to all online and final fantasy games, then I will make my final opinion. Until that is done, sequels and online games suck. Monkey spanking must go on. That is all.

La Femme Merekia (Conservative):
While sequels provide for improved graphics and a more enjoyable soundtrack, they might drive the Final Fantasy series into the ground because of repetitive plots, the same kinds of characters with the same cliches and stereotypes. As long as the creators can find new plots and challenges, the series will remain popular and interesting to us. Online games have more appeal because there is more of a bonding experience where one can introduce Final Fantasy to friends and play with them. They can also meet and connect with like minded gamers as well. There is more creativity in playing Final Fantasy online. Personally, I like choosing my own identity as my character rather than having to pick from a limited selection in previous games.

Maxico (Pirate):
I think that while these things may have a negative impact on the ff games it is mostly up to the people who buy it to judge it and if these things really annoy you so much then you dont have to subject your selfs to them

uhhh... D'aarrr?

Star (Newbie):
No one can say for sure whether or not these innovations will improve or harm the series. I personally feel that they will both harm and improve the series. Sequels look to be really interesting, while the online games, while neat and different, won't be enjoyed by all the fans, such as myself, because of the money.

Alot of the people who have played FF for years and years will most likely be dead against it all, at least until shown otherwise.

Agent 7 (Mystery):
Sequels are a different step for the Final Fantasy series and I'm all for it. Final Fantasy X-2 is, of course, the first time that a story has ever been continued on to another game. You already have characters that the player cares about, and often times you want to know what happened to them. As long as the sequel is not a cheap, thrown together attempt to cash in, I don't see any negative. Now, I don't think that every Final Fantasy ever made should have a sequel, it should definitely be used sparingly.

I was initially very opposed to an online Final Fantasy. However, I've slowly grown to have a different opinion. Online games are something that should definitely be explored. For people who do like these types of games, you can't go wrong by selecting a game made by Square-Enix. You know you're going to get a high quality product. I must say that I haven't tried many online RPGs, so my experience is a little limited here.

In conclusion, a vote for me is a vote for progress! It's the smartest vote you'll ever make.

Enoki
02-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Well good work star i feel the exact same way. and BAotW, im definitly not voting for you guys on this one because honestly i just dont have a week to spare to read your answer

EDIT: Oh! and Misfit, there are monkeys in X-2, in fact there is "monkey lovin' ", and im sure there is some spanking in the process of the "lovin' "

Denmark
02-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Wow, Auron_Kotetsu's answer was definitely the best in THAT category. Although Misfit's was kinda interesting, but A_K actually answered the question.

And RY89's poem was pure genius. Also, Rocky Wrench could take Repo Man ANY FSCKING DAY.

And even though I've never played FFIX, I could tell FA666 knew what they were talking about, and should definitely win.

*waits for his answer to come up*

Kirobaito
02-13-2004, 03:29 AM
Errr...go Maxico?

Peegee
02-13-2004, 04:29 AM
WTF YOU LIKE POSTED ONE ANSWER WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ASK US ONE QUESTION???? :aimmad:

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
WTF YOU LIKE POSTED ONE ANSWER WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ASK US ONE QUESTION???? :aimmad:

Yeah really, I had to answer THREE really really really hard questions that I was late for class because of.....ok, I woulda been late for class anyways BUT STILL

Del Murder
02-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Damn, these election questions will end up being longer than some novels.

eestlinc
02-13-2004, 07:16 AM
yea, some people decided to write more than others.

Peegee
02-13-2004, 08:45 AM
I blame election booth and his pro-democratic propaganda

eternalshiva
02-13-2004, 09:38 AM
*whip crack*

Miks and I's slaves rock *whip crack*

Psychotic
02-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Enoki
BAotW, im definitly not voting for you guys on this one because honestly i just dont have a week to spare to read your answer

That's extremely unfair then, isn't it? Especially as AK had the BEST FRICKIN ANSWER EVAR!

I can't wait for my answer! You people will love that. That or it'll scar your minds :D

HOOTERS
02-13-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't like picking favourites but I will and say that Jenova-Rebirth, King Bahamut and Maxico have the best answers so far.

Kirobaito
02-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by HOOTERS
I don't like picking favourites but I will and say that Jenova-Rebirth, King Bahamut and Maxico have the best answers so far.

You got that right, Cap'n.

Auron_Kotetsu
02-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Wow.

Am I the only one who actually took this even a little bit seriously? Like... I mean, I know this is "just an online forum", or whatever, but it feels likethat one got the brushoff. I'm not trying to be an {EDIT: WHAT?!? You can't even say AR$E?!?}; I'm just genuinely surprised. That was such a provocative question, I'm frankly amazed that people were CAPABLE of writing a two- or three-line answer.

I guess it helps that I'm a journalism major...:rolleyes2

Flying Mullet
02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by HOOTERS
Defintely. :thumb:

Originally posted by Auron_Kotetsu
Wow.

Am I the only one who actually took this even a little bit seriously? Like... I mean, I know this is "just an online forum", or whatever, but it feels likethat one got the brushoff. I'm not trying to be an {EDIT: WHAT?!? You can't even say AR$E?!?}; I'm just genuinely surprised. That was such a provocative question, I'm frankly amazed that people were CAPABLE of writing a two- or three-line answer.

I guess it helps that I'm a journalism major...:rolleyes2
Heh, yeah, it almost sounds like you were in the process of writing a paper on online and sequel games and gave us the cliffnotes version of it here.

eternalshiva
02-13-2004, 04:36 PM
I took mine seriously... but I didn;t write a novel *huggles*

Loony BoB
02-13-2004, 05:23 PM
I think everyone has been extremely serious so far. This is a very serious matter. I know I'm being serious.

Del Murder
02-13-2004, 05:52 PM
I think this round's going to have to go to the Athiests. I didn't read Auron's answer, but anyone who writes that much has to know what he's talking about. So my scorecard through 3:

BAotW: 1
Mystery: 2

Election Booth
02-13-2004, 05:54 PM
more answers! this time the Final Fantasy 1-4, 5, and 6 forums

Two questions: 1. Which is better, Princess Sara in ff1 or Princess Sara in ff3? 2. Who is cooler, Gilgamesh or Ultros? Explain both answers.

[editors note: both princess saras play a role in 8-bit theater although they play the same character. it's like fight club, you know.]

Sadia (BAotW):
1. Princess Sara in FF1, because 8-Bit Theater (http://www.nuklearpower.com/) is based on FF1, and in that comic, Princess Sara is über-cool.

2. Ultros, because he's a squid who can walk on land! I mean, how cool is that! True, he is a bit annoying, but he's easy to beat, and he can WALK ON LAND! :O!

MecaKane (Sex-Slaves):
Princess Sara in FF, or FFIII? Hmmm, I would have to say Princess Sara in FFIII is better, because instead of being a silly girl and getting kidnapped by Garland, she had the balls to stand up and actually help your party defeat Jinn. And also, she's hotter.

Now, Gilgamesh or Ultros? That's a good question. Ultros helps (or hurts ) the story along, while Gilgamesh only serves as a boss before the even bigger boss, in most cases. Ultros's scenarios in FFVI were always very funny and well done, with the exception of if you bring Cyan and Gau to the opera house, I'm like "wtf he don't know any of them ;_;" Ultros is still the cooler of the two, though.

Daryl (Conservative):
1. Princess Sara in FF1, because for one, FF1 is freaking awesome, and for two, I love her part in 8-bit Theatre. xD

2. ULTROS!! You gotta love him, he is such wonderful comic relief and he's purple!

Flying Mullet (Pirate):
Princess Sara in FFIII by far. You rescue her in FFI and all she does is thank you and goes about her business. No reward pie, no nuthin! And since half of you haven't played FFIII believe me when I tell you that Princess Sara in FFIII is a sword wielding Ninja who rides a chocobo and plays a kazoo! Now what can be more badass than that?

Ultros without a doubt. He has style and sophistication. Plus he's royalty! Ultros waddles down the street and women look at him and go "Ooh, that Ultros he's one sexy mother...", "You shut your mouth", "But I'm talking about Ultros, he the Uncle Ulty!" Besides, purple is the new black this year in fashion and Ultros is all over that like redneck on a Bud Light. Oh, and Gilgamesh is a candyass who can't even use a toothbrush without hurting himself.

Rainecloud (Newbie):
I don't know.

Agent 5 (Mystery):
Princess FF3 of course. Not only does she have that kickass domina setup, she's actually DOING something. Princess FF1 was nothing. They're, like, complete opposites. Princess FF1 a puppet and Princess FF3 the puppet master, if you know what I mean.

Gilgamesh, no doubt about it. Even though they share the abundance of arms and being comic-relief, Ultros just doesn't cut it, unlike Gilg and his kickass swords. Of course I never got around to use him because I was in No Encounters through all of Ultimecia's castle. :\

Loony BoB
02-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Actually, Rainecloud has legitimately gained my vote. :p

Yamaneko
02-13-2004, 06:38 PM
I didn't enjoy Agent 5's answers. Raine wins.

Breine
02-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Wow Auron Kotetsu... You rock! :D

The Man
02-13-2004, 08:48 PM
I have to say Whinecloud had the best answer for the FF1-6 forums.

Breine
02-13-2004, 08:51 PM

It's not my favorite but I found it very original ^_^

The Man
02-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Having to choose between Gilgamesh and Ultros is just... horrible though ;_;

Del Murder
02-13-2004, 08:53 PM
I agree. So here's the Murder card after 4 rounds:

BAotW: 1
Mystery: 2
Newbie: 1

Dragonflame
02-13-2004, 10:54 PM
I'd have to say that Flying Mullet won that one for the Pirate Party. I mean, he basically said the same thing as everyone else, but he said it with style. He gets my vote.

*applauds*

Enoki
02-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Brilliant Rainecloud. And btw Booth. Why is it that we (ff 7,8, and 9 canadites) got a question that actually required knowledge of trivia and everyone else got opinion questions?

Kirobaito
02-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted By Enoki
Brilliant Rainecloud. And btw Booth. Why is it that we (ff 7, 8, and 9 canadites) got a question that actually required knowledge of trivia and everyone else got opinion questions?

You know, our questions not only required trivia (though we were allowed to look up stuff, but I didn't), but we had to support our beliefs with, well, support. I couldn't decide, so to decide I actually played both Super Mario All-Stars, and FFIII (on ROM). When I got to fight both a Rocky Wrench and a Repo Man by themselves, I stopped doing anything. I then timed how long it took that enemy to kill me. For Rocky Wrench, it took 19 seconds. Repo Man took 1 minute 4 seconds. So I chose Rocky Wrench to win. But anyway, for all the other candidates, we still have to know stuff. How do you decide which Sara is better if you've never played FF1 or 3?

eestlinc
02-14-2004, 02:25 AM
btw, Rainecloud never answered my PM so I just put "i don't know" as his answer. Quite frankly, I thought the mystery candidate's answer was best.

Also, each forum group got a different kind of question. Some are more business and some are more humorous. I think they all reflect on the candidtaes regardless.

Del Murder
02-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Raine not answering disqualifies him, so I'm giving this one to Mystery for turning encounters off in Ultimecia's Castle.

The Man
02-14-2004, 02:30 AM
bah, yes, I'll have to agree with Del. If Raine had actually answered "I don't know" it would have been classic though.

eestlinc
02-14-2004, 02:31 AM
well, you can pretend he did. xD Alternatively, you can write in eestlinc since I came up with that answer. Actually, I recommend writing in eestlinc for every position.

The Man
02-14-2004, 02:34 AM
i like that idea myself.

thus:

mystery: 0
baotw: 0
pirates: 0
newbie: 0
sex slaves: 0
whatever other parties there are: 0
eest: 9

Nait
02-14-2004, 01:00 PM
So Raine sucks after all. :D

Mo-Nercy
02-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Nait
So Raine sucks after all. :D
*tsk tsk*

Still gets my vote though. That was damn funny.

Denmark
02-14-2004, 07:08 PM
BUT HE DIDN'T COME UP WITH IT!

Yay, I wasn't the only one to mention 8BT. :D

Enoki
02-14-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm disappointed Raine. Way to be a team player LOL. :exdee:

Yamaneko
02-14-2004, 08:18 PM
More answers, EB, please. :D

The Man
02-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
More answers, EB, please. :D I second this.

Auron_Kotetsu
02-14-2004, 11:12 PM
I third and fourth it.

The Man
02-14-2004, 11:13 PM
i like that idea myself.

thus:

mystery: 0
baotw: 0
pirates: 0
newbie: 0
sex slaves: 0
whatever other parties there are: 0
eest: 9 actually come to think of it, it's mighty tempting to vote RSL for everything.

Kami
02-15-2004, 12:30 AM
wait.. what i this? someone please fill me in on whats been going around! ;_; my computer suxors!

The Man
02-15-2004, 12:58 AM
you might want to start out by reading this thread (showthread.php?s=&threadid=42676) :choc:

eternalshiva
02-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Kami! there you are! ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS! *whip crack*

Election Booth
02-15-2004, 02:09 AM
more questions coming soon. I've been busy spending the day with my valentine, Del Murder.

btw, there's always the possibility that you can vote for RSL if he happens to be a secret agent. You never know.

The Man
02-15-2004, 02:12 AM
voting RSL for everything would appear to be the best strategy, however.

p.s.

Originally posted by Yamaneko
More answers, EB, please. :D

Denmark
02-15-2004, 02:33 AM
I think EB/eest is hinting something there. Or am I just paranoid?

The Man
02-15-2004, 02:53 AM
i wouldn't be surprised.

Psychotic
02-15-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Kilgore Trout
RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT! I AM THE RIBBIT MAN! RIBBIT RIBBIT! SHOUT IT FROM THE TOWER! THE RIBBIT TOWER! MY RIBBIT-BASED FORTRESS! NONE CAN TOUCH ME, FOR I AM IN CONTROL OF RIBBIT'S GOLD! OR SO THEY ALL THINK, RIBBIT RIBBIT!

Peace,
The Ribbit Man

I did this as
A) I was bored whilst waiting for my answer
B) Anti-Mystery party propaganda
C) There is no C
D) I was bored whilst waiting for my answer

The Man
02-15-2004, 03:00 AM
I did this as
A) I was bored whilst waiting for my answer
B) Anti-Mystery party propaganda
C) There is no C
D) I was bored whilst waiting for my answer I see

p.s. Mystery Party > other parties

CloudDragon
02-15-2004, 04:27 AM
I think Agent 5 of the Mystery Party should lose points because when spoken of Gilgamesh, he/she referred to the one in FF8, and not when Gilgamesh was in any of FF1-4, 5, or 6, though the one I think of he's in 5. The question was for FF1-4, 5, and 6.

Meh, trivia questions on this kind of thing are kinda useless as most people will come up with the same answer, and they'll just be spruced up a bit. Opinionated questions are better because the voters can relate to his/her opinion and vote on it.

Election Booth
02-15-2004, 05:26 AM
In that spirit, here are some exciting opinion questions!

First up, the Final Fantasy 12, Tactics, adn Tactics Advance forums

What will the main plotline of ff12 be about?

Joel (BAotW):
FF12 will be about St Ivalice being overtaken by na evil entity that will consume all mankind unless our heroes can stop it.

NAILBAT (Sex-Slave):
the plotline is about two young people(agian) named vaan and ashe...vaan is an a human and lives in dalmaska and likes airships...ashe is the daughter of the king in dalmaska and she will most likely be very spoiled at first,and she also is the head of a rebel group....the world in which they live is known as Ivalice...which is in a state of war right now....Alcadia empire is under war against Lodaria empire and Alcadia empire, in a time of war against Lodaria, also wages war against a small country which is dalmaska...and this where vaan and ashe will most likely come in together

noname (Conservative):
- The look of the game (graphics) will be improve before its release
- Kohei Takeda, the man who impersonate the voice of Vaan, is a big fan of the series and the character he likes the most is Balflear
- The game will have more than 100 kind of monsters, 200 if we add the modified versions
- Balflear's name has been confirmed by Square Enix
- The Moogles will have a new design
- The general extension of the game is impressive
- The game will be something fresh, never seen before
- There will be more characters than in Vagrant Story
- The story of the game is non-linear, the player will be free to move as he wish and the regions will evolve as the game goes on
- The game is a console release.
:)

Blanco Meow (Pirate):
Thanks to the Final Fantasy series' love of certain gaming traditions, one can fairly state that the plot of this newest addition to the series will be epic as usual, both in the connotative and denotative sense. Concerning the former, the game will certainly be huge on many counts: huge in story, huge in design, huge in self-perception, and huge in physical scope. The plot and its accoutrements in FF12 will not feel in any way small. Somehow, when i look from screenshot to screenshot, i can't help but think of Star Wars' recent Episodes One and Two, and that may be a decent comparison. Though i should hope Square-Enix doesn't make the same mistakes George Lucas did, as i'm sure we all agree. Thanks to our constant graphical development, the very look of the game will probably lend itself to the main plot's expansive nature more than any previous entry to the series, giving us giant buildings, huge vehicles, millions of people and expansive landmasses. On the latter, more definitive "epic" plane, the game will surely involve many of the qualities of a literary "epic." It will surely (as all games in the series) tell the extended, perhaps even superhuman story of one or more heroic characters, involving many tests and tribulations, at least one journey over water (likely many), and at least some sort of interaction with the supernatural. It will likely present themes and qualities held dear to its particular culture - its "tribe" - in this case generalized to "humanity as a whole;" it will surely involve some sort of growth on the part of the main character: he (or she) (or both) will not return home the same person as he once was, but will be forever changed. In essence, the plot will be in no way small, but grand in the fullest sense of the term.

The game's plot, though, i think i can fairly state, will retain despite this sweeping nature a sentiment of individuality and personal experience that makes the Final Fantasy series so noteworthy. Now, for the particulars.

The plot, at its center, revolves around two human characters: Vaan and Ashe. They are both in their late teens, the boy Vaan seemingly just your average boy (more on this later) and the girl, Ashe, the princess of the Damaska Kingdom. The story takes place in the world of Ivalice (the same Ivalice of 'Tactics' lore): the world and culture are those of medieval stylings, still immature in the concept of human rights and adherent to a caste system. The world seems to carry an odd dichotomy of being technologically advanced but culturally and socially immature. As for the political climate, Damaska has just fallen under control of the Arcadia Empire after some sort of war. The plot and feel of the game carry much directly and in spirit over from the 'Tactics' series: Yasumi Matsuno, 'Tactics'' producer, is producing this game as well, and it seems to be an extension of his original FFT vision. i expect plenty of political intrigue, though perhaps - hopefully - without as many confused or typo-filled translations as FFT itself. As for more literal crossovers, thus far i'm certain the Viera (the rabbit-eared females from FFTA) are present in the game, as one seems to eventually become a party member, though other races may well pop up. Social issues and perhaps even racial tension may make their way into the story somehow or another. What's more, the Judges (also of FFTA) have a role in the world, but act primarily as the main characters' adversaries - the "Knights of Terror."

And as for those main characters: Vaan has some history with the Empire, having lost both of his parents to it. i suspect he's something of a spirited troublemaker with a serious side - such as FF9's Zidane or FF10's Tidus - and little taste for authority. In fact, he harbors plans to one day leave the Kingdom by buying a ship with his earnings as an air priate. It's been said that he's not at all derivative from previous FF heroes, though, so hopefully he'll have some unexpected twists of character yet. As for Ashe, her father the king was killed in this recent war with Arcadia, and though she's the heir apparent she's been off the radar since her father's death. With Arcadia ruling her country, i doubt they'll be putting her on the throne, so surely the story will involve an unfit and nasty king being put in place by Arcadia to make sure we dislike them. Allegedly - and this is likely an early story point rather than pregame history - she meets up with Vaan as she's forming a group with which to take on the Arcadia Empire. i suspect he'll be none to happy to join. i want to peg her as being like FF8's Rinoa, but i think it's more because of this "resistance" slant than anything else. Considering the game's cultural atmosphere and her status as a princess, she's likely a very composed young woman. Perhaps she has a bit of FF9's Garnet in her personality, and Vaan is the one to open her up much the way Zidane does for Garnet. Again, though, it's been said that these characters are unique, so i use these references only as such, and not as exact character molds.

Now we're getting into much more speculative territory. First off, since Square-Enix's merger, the company has been giving the Final Fantasy series a more lighthearted and mainstream feel, and it should be interesting to see how this newest entry in the series fares - particularly in terms of plot. On the one hand, Matsuno's presence could make for an extremely serious and politically charged adventure, as i mentioned previously. However, early screenshots show a certain deference for FF X-2's character stylings in Ashe's skimpy outfits, which makes me wonder what sort of feel they intend with the game. i suspect it should be a quirky mix of serious, epic plot and mainstream sensibility, though the balance thereof could tilt in any number of directions.

As for specifics, i see most of the game centering around the tension between the conquered Damaska Kingdom and the Arcadia Empire. Art director Hindeo Minaba has said that the game carries war as a central theme. Surely, it will use Ashe's resistance movement as a springboard, if not central plotline, for the story; though, like any Final Fantasy game, things will probably grow into something greater than they first appear. The "Knights of Terror" are probably involved (it's been said they play a key role) as some shadow-shrouded organization with which the characters have greater and greater dealings as the story progresses. As for the two main characters, i have a strong suspicion that Vaan is more than just "some boy," possibly even having royal heritage - which might explain why his parents had been killed. Vaan and Ashe have some odd similarities to their looks; perhaps they are even loosely related. Other staffers have mentioned that, though the story does involve an undercurrent of love, it may be a bit different from the usual romantic love, which - to me - hints at some sort of familial relationship between the two. Of which they are, of course, unaware until late in the game.

i think this essentially covers what can be safely said about the plot thus far. Final Fantasy has always been made and broken in its specifics, because when you whittle each game down to its central plot there isn't much to be said about its originality. So while i don't know that i've covered everything that could be covered, i think i've touched upon all of the aspects that might influence the general flow of the game pretty fairly. Again, things will likely take some sort of "deeper than we thought" sort of direction - after all, these are long games and simplistic story just won't carry them - but the plot will merely be a vessel for (what we hope to be) the expansive quest of a band of individuals. What i've said may not sound all that specific, but that's because it likely won't be. i mean, the story will come to a far sharper light than i've given it (obviously), but it's also not of central importance so much as it simply sets the scene. These games have always been more about the details.

Ariel (Newbie):
It'll be all about guys. Something's gotta compensate the females after FFX-2, no? (Or the guys who appreciate their fellow men. Either way. *shrug*) Guys in skimpy clothes! Guys who dance their way into damaging the enemy! Guys who believe in boy power!~

The main character will be the courageous monkey/human hybrid, Abobo. Traveling with his childhood friend, Leather Girl, he seeks to discover the truth behind his origins of monkeyness. They'll meet the mysterious Abdul along the way, a monkey-human himself, though only in secret. He will not tell Abobo the truth about himself, because he's a double agent assigned to bring destruction to the human race. Will the inevitable confrontation between these two heroes destroy all that they hold dear?

All will be revealed, in Square-Enix's new epic for Playstation2, Final Fantasy XII.

Agent 8 (Mystery):
It will be a lovely game with some wonderful acting in which King Arthur and Sir Vledimir uncover an important clue.
"Go through the forest, and you will find an enchanter! He knows of a cave...a cave in which no man has entered! And you will find a bridge...a bridge in which no man has crossed!"
"And this...this will lead us to the holy grail?"
"HEEHEEHEEhEE" *disappear*
*in a forest*
"NI. NI. WE ARE THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY...NI!"
to be continued...

and also, because you are all so starved for entertainment...General Chat, Eyes on Each Other, and World Events

What are your thoughts on a)Bush b)God c)underwear
(answer all three)

Pure Strife (BAotW):
A) Best kept to a reasonable length.
B) *coughPERVERTcough* I prefer not to have giant bearded guys watching me drop 'em, if you know what I mean.
C) Best kept microwaved.

stuffing (Sex-Slaves):
Bush looks like a money and acts like one too.

God is cool, but he owes me 12 bucks.

underwear, well i like to live free and easy.

Mr. Graves (Conservative):
Bush: Moronic, war/oil hungry president.

God: Is the creator of all things natural, yadda yadda.

Underwear: It's comfy, but never necessary.

Moo Moo the Ner Cow/Pureghetto (Pirate):
Bush: I haven't paid attention in the past few months, but my initial impressions of him was that he wasn't very fit to be President. However USA isn't exactly falling apart just yet, so I don't think he's that inept. I don't believe in conspiracy theories or any of that nonsense, so the idea that Bush has gone through that China incident, 9/11, the second gulf war, and whatever homeland problems is pretty impressive, even if you don't like him. I don't 'like' him, but I don't dislike him either. I just don't care any more.

God: Defined as an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent sentient being, the entity has been questioned for a long time, and even I made my own metaphysical questioning, however pointless. I'm at a point in my life where I have conceded that regardless of an omnipotent being's existence or whether said being birthed the universe, it cannot be ascertained whether or not said entity exist or existed, because empirical evidences number are null in number. Faith in God is perfectly acceptable, as I have faith in equally unverifiable notions, such as the safety of breathing and swallowing, and that EoFF exists and is composed of humans instead of whatever other bizarre possibilities. In terms of my actions I behave as an athiest would. I don't acknowledge God any more, except in cases of extreme emotional turmoil.

Underwear: I'm tired of my roommates' underwear and thongs getting static and clinging onto my pants whenever I throw laundry into the dryer without looking The next time this happens I'm keeping them >: [

fire_of_avalon (Newbie):

A) Bush: Gotta be one of my all time favorite 90's bands, though lately, news about them has been rather depressing. I mean, Nigel Plusford, co-founder of the band and lead guitarist left. What does that say about the direction the band is headed? I think it says something pretty disheartening myself, apparently something that made this man happy once has become something he can't take anymore. It makes me sad for him.

But in the past, man they've got some good music. I think what I like most about them is the raw emotional feeling that they can somehow keep both intelligent and appealing although it comes from a very personal place. I also like the fact that though they're very experimental, the always remain true to their roots in that straight forward, heart breaking rock n roll that I grew up on. What else can I say, this is an amazing group of musicians. ......

Presidentially speaking now, because I'm sure that's what was intended all the time , I don't like George W. as president. I feel he has far too much of a personal adgenda invested in his power, and I feel he doesn't put the American public first in his policy making. I find his complete lack of compromise frightening. I don't believe it is safe to make this country one where a citizen is either with him or against him, and he refuses to do anything about it. I believe there's a time and a place to be rigid and unyeilding, but I don't think that time should constantly. I'm also angry with the man for the "changes" he's "allowed" to be made to US enviornment policies. It's estimated that with the current systems in place, it will take upwards of twenty years to repair the damage that will be caused in less than a decade. Enviornmental legislation was making leaps and bounds before he took office, and I feel all the progress made has been nullified in an instant. I can respect the positives his administration has brought about, but feel they are out weighed by the negatives. I will not vote for this man in November.

B) God: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/show...&threadid=42673
In addition to what I wrote there, I'd like to say that I believe the idea of God is intensely personal, and should be influenced by no one through argument. I will not argue about God because my relationship with the entity is far more important to me than what anyone else thinks about my relationship with God. However, I find nothing wrong with discussion about God, comparing viewpoints and learning how others feel about their relationship with God, or lack thereof. There is no right way to be close to God, there's only your way. There is no right way to think about God, there is only your way. And there's no sense in trying to force someone to see God the way you see God, because when that happens, your relationship with God, if you have one, becomes something impersonal and stupid. For those who don't believe and God, I can understand why because I've been there, and to be honest, still go there often. All viewpoints on God are things I'm willing to discuss with anyone who is making thoughtful conversation and not being an ignorant a** about it.

C) Underwear: I have mixed opinions on underwear, and due to this I have an extensive collection. Socks are probably my favorite form of underwear, because they feel so darn good when they're brand new. I like all my panties, but they're all pretty tame and comfy too. I don't think I need random twenty dollar lace and silk crotchless.....weird articles of underpants for, well , anything. I usually wear bra's, but there's the occasional top that will look silly with one, so I forgo it. My position on male underwear is rather ambiguous. I think silk boxers and what not are just as silly as the abominations of fabric mentioned above. But whatever floats your boat is what floats your boat I guess. I feel anyone should be free to wear any type of underwear they so choose, as long as it REMAINS underwear......(usually anyway).

Agent 2 (Mystery):
a) He doesn't have many thoughts.

b) god*

c) We discussed that me wearing women's underwear is strictly a comfort thing.

Del Murder
02-15-2004, 05:57 AM
Tie between Agent 2 and stuffing, only because he called Bush a money.

eestlinc
02-15-2004, 06:02 AM
you know, there are TWO candidate groups in there. what's your stance on the others, del?

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2004, 06:02 AM
My responce to the FF12 question somewhat fits all the FFs if you think about it.

Del Murder
02-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Hmm, you have to give Blanco credit for his detail, and Agent 8's game sounds pretty fun though somehow familiar...

I think I'm going to have to go with Joel this time for his universal (of sorts) answer.

Mo-Nercy
02-15-2004, 07:24 AM
*is living in the past*

Hehehe..."I don't know"..classic...

Baloki
02-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Fire_of_avalon, your answer for that was brilliant, and people said the Newbie Party wasn't serious, also well done to Ariel for keeping up the monkey theme :choc:

mwhahahahahha

Peegee
02-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Holy crap on a stick I have insane typos. I'm never going to be voted ;_;

Psychotic
02-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Nobody got Strife's answer for Bush!

Come on, it features SEX, kinda! You people love sex!

Baloki
02-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by fallen_angel_666
the last coin in the game is not a Zodiac sign it goes by the name of Opiuchus and to find it you read every coin well they are directions to this one but seing as I got asked to tell you where to get it it is in Quan's dwelling where you found Scorpio when you give this last coin to the stellazio lady in treno you get a hammer! pretty poor prize if you ask me but personally I love the stellazio coins too much to give them away

The hammer gives you an alternate ending, which personally I thought sucked!

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2004, 02:35 PM
*wins*

Kirobaito
02-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Dang, we can't get no respect. [/rodneydangerfield]

I think, overall, collectively, vise ve (though I have no idea what that means), our party has had the freaking best answers. No one thought we could be serious, but now, we're actually doing that. AND NOBODY'S NOTICING! It appears as if our party is the only putting effort into trying to make these answers count, and nobody seems to care. But that's collectively. I'm not saying that other people didn't put effort into their answers, but COLLECTIVELY as a party. I spent a helluvalotta time on that poem, and the best I got was a compliment of "intimidatingly scary" from Auron Kotetsu. Well, there's that "literary genius" thing from FM, but FM's a pirate. Bah! And to quote Dragonflame (but not exactly...there are more than 30 replies to this post), Flying Mullet's said the same as everyone else's, but with style. Nobody seemed to like his answer either. Blanco Meow's was the only long response I could get myself to READ, and that's not because Blanco Meow's a pirate, either. And PG/pureghetto/MooMoothing poured most of his small, crusty, dried up soul into his answer, and got no respect.

Why, oh why did we have to pillage so much?[/vent]

The Man
02-15-2004, 04:36 PM
personally, I think Mystery should win the entire thing because of Agent 8's monty python references.

Election Booth
02-15-2004, 08:45 PM
The hammer doesn't give you an alternate ending, it just adds an extra scene into the normal ending. You can also use the hammer to synth the tin armor, which is good, or the Save the Queen, which is not good.

The Man
02-15-2004, 10:43 PM
afaik Beatrix is the only one who can use Save the Queen, and she already has it, innit

I really need to replay FFIX, there's so much stuff I missed out on by not doing the sidequests. :(

eestlinc
02-15-2004, 10:47 PM
yea, you need the full set of statues. gives you something to polish with all the tissues. more answers coming tonight when I get off work.

The Man
02-15-2004, 10:50 PM
now what would REALLY motivate me to replay ffix is if there were a hidden "get beatrix as a permanent party member" sidequest that i hadn't heard about. because that would be awesome squared. but of course, there isn't. le sigh.

Auron_Kotetsu
02-16-2004, 12:14 AM
I'll give you your recognition, Bahamut.

Blanco Meow's answer was really strong, and not just because it's even longer than mine. There was a lot of thought that obviously went into that, and I for one respect that a lot. Also, it seems like Blanco really has something to say. I know it's fun to be fun, but I figure it's easier to bhave fun if you've got something to talk about. Major props to the Pirates in that answer.

Fire_of_Avalon, however, took the General question in my opinion. Perhaps I'm prejudiced towards lengthy answers... but I like seeing people put thought into what they say - mainly because I know I do that, and I see the best discussions arising if people with strong opinions coupled with an ability to write are presiding over things. I don't know if that's important to anyone else, but I definitely find that admirable.

Gotta say that Pure_Strife's Bush answer was ridiculously clever, though. Well done.

stuffing
02-16-2004, 12:17 AM
its funny how people put so much infomation

Psychotic
02-16-2004, 01:32 AM
now what would REALLY motivate me to replay ffix is if there were a hidden "get beatrix as a permanent party member" sidequest that i hadn't heard about. because that would be awesome squared. but of course, there isn't. le sigh.

What's the point when she's just like Steiner, only less poncey and more uh... breasty. Actually I see your point :p

The Man
02-16-2004, 01:33 AM
she kicks about 6892347 times more rear end than any other character in battle, too.

Mr. Graves
02-16-2004, 02:05 AM
I was really, really rushed that day when I PMed my answers. So that would sorta explain the lameness. =P

Enoki
02-16-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Graves
I was really, really rushed that day when I PMed my answers. So that would sorta explain the lameness. =P

excuses

Election Booth
02-16-2004, 07:40 AM
more more more:

Site Staff, Help, and Feedback forums

What do you feel the relationship should be between the forums and the main site? What about site staff and forums staff?

Xander (BAotW):
I think that the relationship between the forums and the main site doesn't necessarily have to be closely linked. This is because a lot of people come here to look at the main site, to look for the information they require and so on, but others just come for the forums and don't necessarily want or need to look around the main site.

However, a lot of forum-goers might enjoy the site, and a lot of site-goers might enjoy the forums so I think that we could possibly link more clearly between them, such as having a more obvious link on the main site to here, and vice versa (I always forget it's down the bottom there).

I think the Site staff and Forum staff should have a friendly relationship, but as they deal with different aspects of the site they possibly don't need to get too involved with each other.

Overall, I think the site and forum should have a fairly close relationship in that it is easy to navigate between them, but on the other hand should remain as two separate places which people will use differently.

eternalshiva (Sex-Slaves):
The forums and the main site should be an introduction to each other, that represents both the information available and make the viewer feel welcomed to both the information of a game and in the forum community.

Forum Staff and Site Staff should also be able to reflect the same impression to the visitor or the returning member. I think we've already achieved that though.

Raistlin (Conservative):
Did you know I registered at EoFF two weeks before I was even born?

Leeza (Pirate):
What do you feel the relationship should be between the forums and the main site?

Platonic.

What about site staff and forums staff?

They should either get a room or get married.

Baloki (Newbie):
What do you feel the relationship should be between the forums and the main site?

hummmmm, do I sense the word website? And the word Forums? That can only mean one thing, somebody's let some monkey's into EB's cage and they have accidentally sent me the hardest question, oh well lets see if I can come up with something coherent (Yes I doubt it too...)

Well then, at the moment it is a well know (even prolific) fact that the forums have had a great and endearing impact on the content and layout of the main site. Allowing the poor people who maintain the site (I don't know who you are but I thank you for the KH mp3) to keep abreast of all of the latest, and greatest Final Fantasy information. Then, therefore, I recon that this partnership should continue and maybe even expand to encompass more people and creatures of the netherworld alike. This would allow even the newer people of this great place *Is sucking up* to contribute more, all we have to do is add some big sign to the front page saying 'Join up to the forums and help us', or something resembling that.

What about site staff and forums staff?

ok, this question most confused me, does it make sense, is there a typo of epic proportions? I really don't know, but to fix that I made up my own question in my head and will try and answer that instead, and no, I did not include monkeys or tasers in my 'personal' question.

So, site staff and forum staff eh? Do I really think they should be separated? Well no, I feel that because most of the people who contribute to the site first began helping via the forum, it is the forum where they should be recognised. Yes, they don't have to do anything, but still they should have the cool little title and the powers. Even if the only reason is to get more people wanting that target and helping. So leave them be, they should keep their powers (and personally appoint slaves if so applies) and lets hope this inspires more great people to contribute...

Agent 4 (Mystery):
None.
Vengeful.

Peegee
02-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Leeza am goal

Strider
02-16-2004, 08:37 AM
This just keeps gettin' better and better.

*re-reads everything for the 35810423865908th time*

Del Murder
02-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Leeza and EB had the best answers this time.

Ranti
02-16-2004, 09:52 AM
looking at all these answers...it makes me really dislike my pm xD

Mikztsu
02-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Who's EB?

Anyway, Eternalshive clearly wins this one. ;-) *whips her* Good slave.

Baloki
02-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Wahay, well done Baloki, your answer was stunning, amazing brilliant, exerlant, oh whats the use no-one even noticed it anyway, well done Xander for winning this round!

Xander
02-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Hehe, your answer wasn't so bad Baloki, but I have to say I like Leeza's the best xD

Kirobaito
02-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Auron Kotetsu. You seemed to be the only one that noticed my venting post in the first place. But I guess that's a good thing.

Auron_Kotetsu
02-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Sorry, Mik, but I think Xander does a better job. No bias there on my part at all. ;) Seriously, this was the closest category, and I'm not sure if anyone completely whupped everyone else as has happened in the other categories.

That said, is EB Election Booth? And in that case, whose answer did EB give us? I think we should be notified when that happens. Because a candidate that doesn't even bother to answer their question will suffer a great loss of credibility, and I'd hate to give them votes because EB said something clever/funny for them. Just a thought.

Del Murder
02-16-2004, 06:14 PM
I say EB because I doubt Raistlin gave that as an answer. :D

Mikztsu
02-16-2004, 06:16 PM
D'oh. *slaps self on the forehead*

Is it just me, or is my brain freezing?

eternalshiva
02-16-2004, 06:17 PM
how about you spell my name right before I submit to anything Aiktsu :/ :love:

Mikztsu
02-16-2004, 06:19 PM
How about you get a PROPER name, slave. >:O

eternalshiva
02-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Name like what? *snorts* At least I don;t use *butterfly* shampoo *glares*

Mikztsu
02-16-2004, 06:23 PM
*ponders*

Something like..."Mik's personal Sex-Slave" would do. Or eternalshive.

And you don;t know what's good for you. *stuffs her mouth with butterflies* *cracks some whip*

eternalshiva
02-16-2004, 06:24 PM
*snorts*

A snowball in hell would have better luck than me changing my name to THAT. *spits out butterflies* *cracks whip* :love:

Mikztsu
02-16-2004, 06:28 PM
I know if I'm going to hell, it's full of snow and freeze. >_> Just because I hate snow and freeze so much.

Hm, Eest, when are you posting the last ones?

Loony BoB
02-16-2004, 07:56 PM
2345678... it looks like we have three more to go, or did I miss some?

Mikztsu
02-16-2004, 09:22 PM
They were invisible. o_o' Yeah.

( I *told* you Mik, your brains are freezing) >_>

Election Booth
02-17-2004, 12:07 AM
yes, three more sets of answers.

very perceptive Mr Murder. Raistlin in fact never even read the PM with his question.

anyway, more! General Final Fantasy, Video Game Music/TSW, and General Archive forums (what a combination!)

Choose one of the following: a)post a sound file of yourself singing Suteki da Ne b)Tell how Della got her groove back or c)name the Cids from each ff game from most favorite to least favorite

Breine (BAotW):Favorites:

King Cid from FF9... Reason why:
First of all: His personality is amusing and weird... One moment he's all king-like and respectfull and the next moment he's amusing and totally confused.
Second of all: I like his oglop looks (and the frog looks as well). It's so cute when he talks and jumps around... it cracks me everytime
At last but not least: He's a king... And he does it well, although he's an oglop, and his story is quite interesting... You know, all the stuff with his wife leaving him, and casting a spell on him, and he names his ships after her... That's true love! (Although he should've considered cheating on her )

Cid Highwind from FF7... Reason why:
First of all: He gets you the Tiny Bronco and the Highwind which are both very good planes... especially the Highwind (Which comes with a great music theme and it can fly with high speed! ) He's also a great pilot, since he can fly a rocket... That's pretty impressive so you gotta give him some credit for that. AND he has a nice house
Second of all: Again we have an interesting storyline. All the things about the crash with the rocket and his relationship with Shera is exciting to hear about... First he's about to work together with Shinra inc. but he switches over to the good side when he realizes what he's getting himself into... That's also nice to hear.
And last but not least: He's one of the main characters. He's strong in battle and his limit breaks kick some serious butt! His weapon is cool as well (A spear) and he's kinda a dragoon, that's gotta count for something... AND, I almost forgot, he curses all the time... It's so cool!

Least favorite:

Cid from FF10... reason why:
Although he has a cool voice and he helps the party with the airship and stuff he's is just not as important as the other Cids. He's not a playable character and the only thing he does is hanging out in the airship... I'm sorry, that's just not very interesting to me...

Kami (Sex-Slaves):
no comment

Doomgaze (Conservative):
I'm not singing and I don't know what choice b even means, so I guess I'm stuck with stupid choice c (which he did not bother to answer)

TheAbominatrix (Pirate):
Ahem. Della Reese went on a long journey to regain her groove from the vicious pimp known as Sweet Jerry. She fought many a hoe in this quest, ala something like Kill Bill, only with more hoes. At one point they ate chicken wings. And then, when she was at wits end, she fell to her knees and screamed "Oh groove, where are you?" then a fairy appeared and turned her into a bunny. The end.

Ranti84 (Newbie):
c) thank you very much >_>....

From most to least (top to bottom repectively)
FF7 Cid
FF9 Cid
FF8 Cid
FF4 Cid
FF6 Cid
FFX Cid
FF3 Cid
FF1, 2, 5, X-2 and the rest are tied for last

Agent 9 (Mystery):
Della got HIS groove back by remembering the "Enforcer's First Rule of Enforcing" (namely never to fall in love) and subsequently recovering the Enforcer Pop-Tart from Spiff. I still haven't figured out how the Pop-Tart was supposed give Del his powers back, but apparently it worked.

Oh, and for all who missed it, I'll attach the original thread when this round of questions is over.

EB comments: sadly nobody chose choice a...

RSL
02-17-2004, 12:20 AM
The nerve...

Loony BoB
02-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Haha, they would probably have won if they did, too. Their loss.

Kirobaito
02-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Ah, dang, I SO would have posted me singing. Heh heh.

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 12:56 AM
I know, choice A was a sure winner, choice B was a potential winner, and choice C was surefire boredom. that EB sure is smart in the questions he asks!

Strider
02-17-2004, 01:00 AM
You all disappointed me on that one. I wanted to hear some singing. :(

Auron_Kotetsu
02-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Come on, you guys! No singing?! You guys suck!

Kirobaito
02-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Dang..where's my stupid microphone? I want to post me singing Suteki da Ne. Just so y'all can make fun of me. Of course, I can do Melodies of Life a lot better. 'Cos it's in English.

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 01:48 AM
english would have been acceptable but not nearly as good as japanese.

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 02:00 AM
The pop tart was magic, duh.

Kirobaito
02-17-2004, 03:59 AM
Geez...Why am I doing this?

I did both songs, but my computer is too slow to upload them. I'll try again tomorrow. I fumbled a few times on both songs, but atleast I'm brave enough to do it.

Election Booth
02-17-2004, 05:21 AM
second to last forum set:

Chrono Cross/Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, and General Square-Enix forums

List your favorite aspect of the following games: Chrono Cross, Kingdom Hearts, Unlimited Saga, Xenogears, and Bushido Blade

Ansem (BAotW):
Chrono Cross- The character diversity added a certain element to the overall gameplay. A touch of realism.

Kingdom Hearts- A captivating love story with a hack-n-slash battle system that is enjoyable despite it's obvious Disney themes.

Unlimited Saga- Never played it.

Xenogears- Never played it.

Bushido Blade- A fighting game with realistic injuries was a welcome addition to my collection.

Spike369 (Sex-Slaves):
Hi

Sakura Yume (Conservative):
Chrono Cross:
The shear scope of the storyline and its subtle links to the previous installments was impressive. The battle system was quite entertaining and fun throughout the course of the game. On top of that CC has an awespiffy soundtrack.

Kingdom Hearts:
A pretty good game aside from the dizziness the 3D running around causes (reminds me of Spyro), best aspect? Graphics. Who'd've thought you could put Goofy and Donald into 3D and still have them look... like themselves.

Unlimited Saga:
The seven different storylines from which you can start makes for a unique game, very well put together, this game though a little quirky, intertwines the storyline well.

Xenogears:
Xenogears sports a great soundtrack and well developed characters. However, on top of all of that is the interesting storyline (though perhaps with slightly too many Biblical references).

Bushido Blade:
With a defining tactical combat style, Bushido Blade sets itself apart from other fighter-type games by being completely unique in gameplay style. Much more precise and realistic in it's display of the Bushido style/belief in combat. An involving game, it feels like you're actually accomplishing something when you learn how to fight with certain characters and weapons.

Skogs (Pirate):
Chrono Cross - soundtrack, storyline
Kingdom Hearts - the Final Fantasy cameos
Xenogears - ambitious storyline
Unlimited Saga, Bushido Blade - the fact that I haven't played them gives me something to look forward to!

What about Chrono Trigger? Secret of Evermore?

Juggla (Newbie):
I got two turntables and a microphone.

Agent 10 (Mystery):
Chrono Cross: The unique battle system
Kingdom Hearts: The mixture of disney and square ^_^
Unlimited Saga: My favorite aspect of this game is that nobody liked it...XD
Xenogears: The great story
Bushido Blade: Getting hit can greatly reduce your mobility or most likely kill you. A nice realistic sword game.

Loony BoB
02-17-2004, 07:57 AM
Was that Juggla's actual answer? =o

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 08:01 AM
no. Juggla and Kami didn't respond.

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 08:06 AM
This one goes to DC the former EB.

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 08:21 AM
or SY if you prefer.

Mikztsu
02-17-2004, 09:03 AM
I guess Spike369 summed it up best. Good slave.

Loony BoB
02-17-2004, 12:10 PM
or SY if you prefer.
SY the former EB once known as DC formerly known as JAK.

Misfit
02-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Nobody got Strife's answer for Bush!

Come on, it features SEX, kinda! You people love sex!
Mik's party features SEX! We win! :D

Election Booth
02-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Ok, finally we get to the end and our prospective party leaders speak. I hope you have been able to figure out who you want to vote for using these questions as voting will begin soon. Anyway:

candidates for forum leadership

Give one reason why each of the five other candidates for this position would be better suited for the position than you.

Psychotic (BAotW):
Mikztsu would be better for this position than me, because he likes smiling birds and whips, and what head of government doesn't like either of those things? Exactly!

Citizen Bleys is better for this position than me, because he is an insane dictator of insane dicatorial proportions, and all government needs those. That and the fact that he has such great pajamas. So I've heard.

HOOTERS is more suited than I because he's done this kind of thing before with the thief party, and also he seems to have severe childhood traumas, possibly involving clowns. Again, clown-related childhood trauma is ESSENTIAL to becoming a forum leader.

Loony BoB is better suited for this than me, not only because he's BoB, the world loves him, he's a Cid's Knight, he has an avatar with a chocobo in it and he bullies and tortures people, but because he made his own soft-porn site about himself and shlup, <a href=http://www.eyesonff.com/porn>[EB note:I recommened you don't click this]</a> THE CONSPIRACY IS UNMASKED!

Agent 1 is better than me because s/he is actually a sex-crazed robot, hell-bent on world domination and making fish illegal. I think there may have been a problem in programming it or something? But anyway, machines will rule us all eventually, so this is good practice.

Mikztsu (Sex-Slaves):
Psychotic (BAotW) - Only reason I really can think of, is that this young man might speak even better Finnish than me.

Citizen Bleys (Conserv) - Conservative, whatever, this is goatsexing in disguise! He would be better than me, because...he just would? o_o

HOOTERS (Pirate) - Because Hooters won last time, he obviously is better than me, right?! *rolls eyes*

Loony BoB (Newbie) - I don't know. it just would be funny. And he can also weild mod-powers with his hypothetical forum leader position...so yes.

Agent 1 (Mystery) - Agent1 is the same person who always votes RSL, therefore, should Agent1 win, RSL would get all the praise and glory he deserves. Sorry, I can't do that, for some non-existant reason.

Citizen Bleys (Conservative):
Psychotic: Psychotic would be the ultimate small-government noninterventionist candidate; The civil service would be able to go about their jobs unhampered by government meddling because Psychotic would be busy having extended conversations about the meaning of life with the toilet

Mikztsu: Mik is a truly distinguished gentleman, who is out of the kindness of his heart, spreading to a new generation something to which they'd never previously been introduced: Syphilis.

HOOTERS: Under Hoot, the I Can't Believe It's Not Sand industry would certainly flourish, and there would be a constant influx of new, pillaged capital from other nations.

BoB: If elected, BoB would become a very busy man, with a lot of work to do. This, of course, would keep him away from our sisters.

Agent 1: Sunglasses are cool, and I think he's got a gun. Yay for guns.

HOOTERS (Pirate):
Loony BoB: I suppose he is more suited than me because he has good organization skills, but seriously, who needs organization?!?! If I wanted organization I wouldn’t have repeatedly stabbed my maid this morning. The only thing that was organised was my mantle piece, displaying her organs, which weren’t organised, except for all the digestive ones which were.

Miksxstu: Mik would make a fine forum leader because of his large emphasis on wholesome family values. Family values including proper table manners, no swearing, and mass orgies before supper time.

Bleys: Bleys would be good at forum leader because…

GOVERNMENT WARNING: EXCESSIVE SARCASM USED BELOW

…he is an intelligent, sane young man who doesn’t suck or eat poo daily.

Psychotic: Walrus. Walrus with a hat on.

Agent 1: Pfft…Agent 1 sucks at leadership I bet he couldn’t even lead himself out of some sort of sheep leading contest where the object is to the lead the sheep out of the specified area using various leads that you have to supply yourself but he didn’t supply them because he was too busy crying over the fact that I was WITH HIS MUM LAST NIGHT! That is assuming Bleys is Agent 1 of course.

Oh yeah…d’arr, y’arr, parrot monkey chandelier.

Loony BoB (Newbie):
Psychotic should win because he's gentle, considerate and welcomes input. Psychotic likes to listen to your needs.

HOOTERS should win because he gives off a pleasant aura. He offers stability and control to Eyes on Final Fantasy, and there is no better candidate when it comes to ensuring that the EoFF Forums have a mature and organised representative within Eyes on Final Fantasy Staff.

Mik should win because I suck (I would say something wonderful about him, but... I couldn't. So I figured I'd just degrade myself instead).

Bleys should win because he is dedicated to getting to know every last one of you - there's nothing he likes more than having people come and talk to him. He's here to stay, and he loves this place and enjoys helping out by talking to the newer members and keeping in touch with the younger generation. He always has a smile on his face, and he adores taking care of all the kids that join this community.

Mystery Guy should win because once you find out who he is, most of you will be wishing he won, too.

...ahh, who am I kidding.

HOOTERS and Mik should win because someday those two are going to be world famous by starring in beer commercials, and that'll generate good dosh for this place. We gotta keep 'em so they feel obligated to give us dividends. Psy should win so he can have something to do besides confuse all the poor people in the chatroom, Bleys should win because he's so good in bed and Mystery Guy should win because once you find out who he is, most of you will be wishing he won, too.:aimsun:

Agent 1 (Mystery):
Psychotic - He's a maniac, maniac, that's for sure.

Mikztsu - Board leadership would keep him occupied and away from our sisters.

Citizen Bleys - I'd make some joke about his crotch, but those are so played. Played like Bley's crotch!!! Oh no he di-'nt!

HOOTERS - He may be a drunken fool with no morals, but at least... sorry I got nothin.

Loony BoB - He has experience as a moderator and dealing with the scummy posters, like Mikztsu and HOOTERS to pick two at random.

There you have it folks.

Breine
02-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Go Psy!

Psychotic
02-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Everyone click the link in my answer! :D

Loony BoB
02-17-2004, 07:33 PM
I never knew...

Baloki
02-17-2004, 07:38 PM
OMG, *dies laughing*, I don't think I can take it any more, its just *crys with laughter* too *crys with laughter* brilliant.

Well done all, good job, and that last Bleys Crotch joke, a classic :)

I love this all sometimes *Knows hes not gonna win, he never wins so has given in and just began laughing*

Psychotic
02-17-2004, 07:41 PM
*sigh* I thought he'd delete it.

So....

I MADE BACKUPS! YAY!

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 07:42 PM
let it be known that I am just the messenger.

Psychotic
02-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Eest! You saw them! Tell everyone they're real! BoB keeps erasing them!

It's a coverup! You can't silence my voice of tru- *is shot by a sniper*

Loony BoB
02-17-2004, 07:47 PM
I could send you more explicit pictures if you like? =D~~

Baloki
02-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Gah, it took a whole 3 mins to record that Suteki da Ne thing and now I have to start again because of the stupid homer mail is here thing, give me 3 more mins and I shall post it somehow.

Psychotic
02-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Maybe I should sell those rare pics I have on Ebay?

Or just stuff them on the BAoTW site? >=)

VIVA LA RESISTANCE! ;)

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 07:56 PM
just send me a copy of "curiosity salted the snail"

Baloki
02-17-2004, 07:58 PM
GO me!!!!

(See attached file)

Edit: Will make a fool of himself for chocolate flavoured Vanilla Milkshake.

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I like how both Mik and BoB are subtly refered to as perverts by two different people.

Enoki
02-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Brilliant Baloki, however why did you reverse it?

Mikztsu
02-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
I like how both Mik and BoB are subtly refered to as perverts by two different people.

I like it too, along with some other flattering things.:)

EDIT: Thinking it more...<i>only</i> two? :\

Baloki
02-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Enoki
Brilliant Baloki, however why did you reverse it?

Huh?

I haven't heard the final version, all I remember was hitting the save button. I can't play waves at the min...

Oh well :)

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Yeah, that Agent 1 doesn't seem to like you, Mik. Hoot either for that matter. :D

Anyway, my vote goes to Bleys this time around, though BoB's sarcasm was funny.

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 09:19 PM
start making up your minds for each position. the voting will begin later today, when I post instructions.

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 09:59 PM
start making up your minds for each position. the voting will begin later today, when I post instructions.
Hey, you're not EB! :aimmad:

Auron_Kotetsu
02-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
Psychotic would be the ultimate small-government noninterventionist candidate; The civil service would be able to go about their jobs unhampered by government meddling because Psychotic would be busy having extended conversations about the meaning of life with the toilet.

Every time I look at that, I laugh. Seriously, that's hilarious, because, while I don't know what Psychotic looks like, I can sure as hell picture him talking to the crapper. All of Bleys' answers were hilarious; they all made me literally laugh out loud. Thirty points.

Psychotic, you have to get that porn-thing back where I can see it so I can sing its praises! Cmon!

Loony BoB
02-17-2004, 10:23 PM
No matter who wins this thing, all your sisters are screwed.

And seriously, when the battle is between Mik, Bleys, HOOTERS, Psy, an unknown member and myself... you really have to start giving serious thought to the unknown member.

The Man
02-17-2004, 10:34 PM
i'm thinking the unknown member has a pretty good shot at winning.

Baloki
02-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Do I not get extra points/credit/brownie points for singing, I made the effort!

Psychotic
02-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't speak to toilets. Plushie walruses yes, but not toilets.

Auron_Kotetsu
02-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Baloki
Do I not get extra points/credit/brownie points for singing, I made the effort!

Quite honestly, I think there's something wrong with your sound file. Like, it got reversed or something. And it's not messed up enough to sound funny, and it doesn't really sound like singing... so um... while I would normally give 3000 bonus points for singing, I can't in this case.

CloudDragon
02-18-2004, 01:43 AM
The last few sets were good. These elections lasted too long though.

Citizen Bleys
02-18-2004, 01:56 AM
I'd definitely have to say that Bleys had the best answers, hands down. So much so, in fact, that I'm going to vote Conservative in every category just because of the manifest aceness of the leader's answers.

Linus
02-18-2004, 02:25 AM
Raistlin (Conservative):
Did you know I registered at EoFF two weeks before I was even born?

Another case where eestlinc wins FOR the candidate.

I laughed at this. Like, really hard. And stuff.

HOOTERS
02-18-2004, 02:29 AM
Aww, I expected more insults from the other candidates. :( :(

Del Murder
02-21-2004, 05:55 AM
The election is now closed, refer to the winners thread.