PDA

View Full Version : Extracting videos from the disc

shakeelw
02-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Does anyone here know how we could extract the video files from the Game DVD for viewing?

Shakeel
:)

crono_logical
02-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Look around on www.zophar.net - if there's gonna be a tool capable of it, it'll be on that site under PS2 utilities or something :p

Silent Warrior
02-13-2004, 08:59 AM
I've actually dug up a utility capable of that - for the PAL-version (no, I didn't create it myself). Now that was a search to be reckoned with. I'll dump this extractor-thing here.

Now, I'm not entirely sure that it works with NTSC, but I can confirm that it works with the PAL-version released in Sweden. And something about how it operates... It seems to extract the FMVs as .mov, while splitting the video (mov) from the audio (extracted as .wav). They have to be joined somehow, and I haven't bothered trying to find a way.

crono_logical
02-13-2004, 11:16 AM
When you say .mov, do you mean it saves in Quicktime format? That sound nasty, especially when it comes to video editing :p I don't actually know if Avisynth is capable of using Quicktime video as a source input, but if it can, then I guess you'll be having to create a script using Avisynth to mux the video and audio together, then feed that into something like VirtualDubMod for reencoding into a normal video using XVid and MP3 or something. Chances are I'd use an Avisynth script anyway to mux it even if it was some other video format, speeds up the reencoding process a lot in VirtualDubMod due to reducing the number of colourspace conversions needed on the video :p

I don't have my FFX disc available here at college to test it out though (I have do PAL though) so I can't check this program out for a few months :p

shakeelw
02-14-2004, 05:24 AM
Yes!
I've finally found out how to do it.
It's in a thread on the ngemu forums.
Thanks everybody.
:)
Shakeel