PDA

View Full Version : Cry in the Night

bokofett
02-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Does anybody actually have the cry in the night blue bullet ability???

MateriaBladeVII
02-12-2004, 09:47 PM
I do! All three of my girls have it, too. All you gotta do is get a Mega Tonberry to Oversoul and then get into the critical HP area and then he'll use it on your party. Just make sure you have a high defense. :giddy:

bokofett
02-13-2004, 05:12 PM
how do you get such a high defense the tonberry's almost always kill me unless i use bribe

MateriaBladeVII
02-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Okay- here's the strategy I used:

First of all, Yuna, Rikku, and Paine all have to be Lv:99. Your Gunner has to have mastered her skills so she is able to get the most out of Trigger Happy. You also have to have Cat Nip, Speed Bracer, Mega Phoenix's, and the Mascot dressphere is helpful- but not required. So let's say you want Rikku to learn it. So you equip Yuna as a Gunner with Bloodlust and Wring to bring her HP into the critical area, then remove those and equip Cat Nip and Speed Bracer to her. Rikku will be the Gun Mage and make Paine a Dark Knight or Mascot.

Now I'll assume you've slain enough Tonberrys so that when you encounter this Mega Tonberry, he'll Oversoul. Make sure you save before the encounter just in case something goes wrong. MAKE SURE YUNA'S HP IS STILL IN CRITICAL STATUS AND IS EQUIPPED WITH CAT NIP OR ELSE THIS NEXT STEP WON'T WORK! Anyways- when you get into battle with him as soon as you can, have Yuna use Trigger Happy to quickly take out the little Tonberry and then wittle down Mega Tonberry's HP. Make sure you don't shoot him too much or you'll go right past the critical status and hit KO on him. If this happens, just reset your game. Rikku's Scan ability- since she's the Gun Mage- helps you decide on this. If he KO's any member of your party have another member quickly use a Mega Phoenix or Phoenix Down. Yuna is basically the one doing all the work while Rikku and Paine function as healers. If you've done this all correctly and the Oversouled Mega Tonberry reaches critical HP status, he'll almost instantaneously use Cry in the Night on your party and your Gun Mage will learn it. Make sure you heal immediately and kick its sorry before it's Game Over!

And there you go, my friend. My strategy. Hope it helps! Ask again if you have any more trouble and I'll see what I can do. :giddy:

SeeDRankLou
02-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Here's another strategy....

First note that an oversouled Mega Tonberry is not as difficult in battle as a regular Mega Tonberry, as it will not use chef's knife every single turn. Oversouled, it is faster and slower at the same time. It is faster because it has a higher agility, but slower because it will perform magic, and it needs prep time to cast a spell. My strategy requires several thing:

Iron Duke, Adamantine, Oath Veil, 3 Crystal Bangles, Heart of Flame GG (or other with Fire Eater)

Iron Duke: Beat Trema
Adamantine: Get Gunner's Gauntlet to level MAX
Oath Veil: You can find one in the Cloister of Trials area of Bevelle in CH3 and 5, or win them from higher level monsters
Crystal Bangle: You find a few around Spira, oversoul an Earth Worm and you win one
Heart of Flame GG: you get it in CH1 in Mushroom Rock Road

So walk around the Via Infinito and fight Tonberry's. I don't how many it takes to oversoul a Tonberry, but I'd say after about eight-ish, start saving everytime you beat one. When you get one to oversoul, reset and go to floor 60 and find a Mega Tonberry. If the Tonberry oversouls instead of the Mega Tonberry, reset and try again.

Have two of girls in either Dark Knight or Mascot dress spheres and the third in Gun Mage dress sphere. Equip each with a Cystal Bangle, one with Iron Duke, one with Adamantine, and the one in Gun Mage with Oath Veil, all on the Heart of Flame GG. The girl with the Oath Veil is going to be the most susceptible to being killed by Mega Tonberry, the other two should be able to sustain Chef's Knife with little problem, but it won't be as bad as fighting a normal Mega Tonberry. So have the Gun Mage cast Mighty Guard and then White Wind at every turn, scanning occassionally. Kill the Tonberry, and start hitting Mega Tonberry, reviving the Gun Mage when necessary. It should cast fire spells rather frequently, which you will absorb, and Flare on occassion, but because of your high magic defense, it shouldn't kill anyone. When you see that it's HP is dwindles to about 15000, have the other two girls change to Gun Mage. Now whoever has the Iron Duke, have her attack. This should bring Mega Tonberry down to less than 10000 HP. When this happens immediately have all three of the girls start to cast White Wind. Mega Tonberry will preform Cry In The Night (which all the girls will learn at once), but because of you high magic defense it should only do about 5000 damage to the girl with the Oath Veil, and less to the other two. When everyone is alive and well, change everyone to Dark Knight/Mascot and kill Mega Tonberry. Now go save immediately.

Just another method for you. Requires more preparation but it's much easier to survive when you have a really high defense.