PDA

View Full Version : Best Theme

Breine
02-12-2004, 09:34 PM
I was just listening to Sudeki Da Ne and I felt like making this thread... :D

What's the best Final Fantasy Theme in your opinion - And why?

FEOK
02-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Look at what I inputted as my real name in my profile for a hint. In case you don't want to read it, Edward/Gilbert.

Silent Warrior
02-13-2004, 09:20 AM
I can't make up my mind about this, so here's a list of good themes:

Sephiroth's theme
Aeris' theme
Terra's/Tina's theme
Shadow's theme
Auron's theme
Seymore's theme (there was an undercurrent of madness in it, an' that's ace)

Freya's theme would make it onto the list with a different instrumentation (I think it sounds, well, sissified - if you must dispute this, use PM). Also, I didn't include OWA because it's a battle, the topic demanded a theme. Same reason for not including Anxious Heart, among others.

Jalbrean
02-13-2004, 09:39 AM
It's a tie between Tina's theme (FFVI) and Theme of Love (FFIV).

Why: Tina's theme makes me feel like i'm setting off on an epic adventure.

Theme of love because it's a very romantic song and i'm a sissy romantic. ;p

PeTeRL90
02-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Either Aeris' Theme, or the Bizarro Sephiroth Theme.

Breine
02-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Uhm guys thanks for your replies... But I'm afraid you misunderstood my question... I was not asking for character themes but for game themes like: Eyes On Me, Melodies Of Life and so on :D

FEOK
02-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Breine
I was just listening to Sudeki Da Ne and I felt like making this thread... :D

What's the best Final Fantasy Theme in your opinion - And why?
You didn't say in that post that you wanted game themes. All you said were themes, so how were we supposed to know you wanted game themes? [Not trying to be mean or anything]
Anyway, I love most of the FF2j music but hate the game, but my favorite music would have to be Altena Castle [Don't know the real name, but I do know it sounds espically good in the WSC remake]

The Man
02-13-2004, 10:45 PM
terra's theme pretty much IS the ffvi theme, so i'll go with that. next to that ffix has a really lovely melody, I find.

Del Murder
02-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Beatrix.

DocFrance
02-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Cid's Theme.

The Man
02-14-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Beatrix. If we're going by character themes, I have to agree with that. Jenova, Rydia and Cid's themes were awesome as well.

If this were about all FF songs, it'd be a bloody long list =O

Del Murder
02-14-2004, 02:18 AM
If we're talking about main themes then it's VI all the way.

Bahamut2000X
02-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Of all themes, I'ld have to say the Main Theme of the actual series is the best. I just like it the most, plus it's always in every game sounding pretty much the same. So umm ya.

The Man
02-14-2004, 09:09 PM
are you referring to the prelude (i.e. the crystal theme) or the prologue (i.e. the song that plays when you leave baron castle at ffiv)? both of those are used in the vast majority of entries in the series.

Bahamut2000X
02-14-2004, 09:48 PM
It has a name beyond Main Theme? Well Prologue, I always considered that to be the main theme. It's the best in my opinion.

The Man
02-14-2004, 10:06 PM
I don't think it's ever been called Main Theme actually :p If we're allowed to select that one, then I guess I like that even more than FFVI's main theme, but eh. FFIV also has a really nice main theme, and FFV's (it's translated as "Ahead on Our Way" for some reason, but it clearly says "Main Theme of Final Fantasy V" in Japanese) isn't bad either.