PDA

View Full Version : Where the eff is the Symphony X thread

Erdrick Holmes
02-13-2004, 04:19 AM
I recently discovered this band when a friend of mine was suggesting music to look for. I fell in love with the sounds of the guitars. Michel Romeo is the godly guitarist in my eyes, and nobody make fun of his height, he can play the guitar better then many other guitarists.

They're combonation of orchestraic combo of thrash metal and symphony made me feel iffy untill I listened and gort hooked.

Discuss favourite songs, albums, etc.

Moose Knight
02-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I saw them live. They're pretty cool. I don't own any albums, but my favorite song is 'Sea of lies.' I like others, but I'm really bad with titles of their stuff.

jrgen
02-13-2004, 09:12 PM
I like Rhapsody more.
I'm not really into that kind of music anyway.

Erdrick Holmes
02-14-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Moose Knight
I saw them live. They're pretty cool. I don't own any albums, but my favorite song is 'Sea of lies.' I like others, but I'm really bad with titles of their stuff.

I'm so jealous now. Tell me, is Mr. Romeo as short as they say?

Shoeberto
02-14-2004, 01:27 AM
<font color="#009999">
Only in the pants.

BAH-dum-SHEEE

MecaKane
02-14-2004, 03:18 AM
They suck.
There's too many damn sh<a>it-metal bands with singers that sound exactly like Iron Maiden's.
And the music in that stupid video you made sucked, too.

Erdrick Holmes
02-14-2004, 03:43 AM
These guys don't sound like Iron maiden, *Knows that Kane posterd in this thread just to spite me, go figure :p*

Skogs
02-14-2004, 12:09 PM
He's not trying to spite you. They're just not very good.

Erdrick Holmes
02-14-2004, 03:26 PM
I think they're good imho.

Finding one of their albums in good condition at a record store is so rare these days, I found a copy of Damnation Game online once for about 25 dollars. I plan on buying it sometime.

Tokki Wartooth
02-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Joel
I think they're good imho.
Improper English. Teehee! n___n

Moose Knight
02-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MecaKane
They suck.
There's too many damn sh<a>it-metal bands with singers that sound exactly like Iron Maiden's.
And the music in that stupid video you made sucked, too.

The only way that this band's singer sounds like Bruce Dickinson is if you're on crack. And in that case, you're opinion really isn't that valid.

And even if he did sound like Bruce Dickinson (which he doesn't) the instumental aspect of both bands is completely different. So what the hell does the singer matter for? No one likes this band because of the singer!

Rage
02-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Ugh, I hate bands like them. Way too much wanking, not enough music.

escobert
02-17-2004, 02:28 AM
I havent heard them. Maybe I'll dl a song sometime. I'm more of a AFI guy so yeah if they sound remotely like AFI which I doubt then I would maybe like them.

Chzn8r
02-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Symphony X, another band I'm very familiar with. I won't defend them like I just defended Dream Theater in that other topic... but I will say, I have a lot of fun listening to Symphony X. A lot of the music sounds similar, especially on Damnation Game / Divine Wings of Tragedy. I suppose it's easy to tell a Symphony X song- Romeo speeding away on the guitar, neo-classical synth lines from Pinella, Russel Allen's operatic metal voice, and of course- lyrics almost 100% pertaining to myth/fantasy. That could be bad... to some people. I enjoy it, because I don't really listen to much else like that. I sort of get my cheese-fix with this band.

I own Twilight in Olympus and The Odyssey, and have many MP3s from all the other albums, and must say, they definitely rock. I'd love to see them opening for Dream Theater :cool:

Vandroiy
03-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Any of you guys ever heard of "Avantasia: the Metal Opera"?

If you're into "power metal" or anything like that, you should really enjoy it. (It featured artists from Rhapsody, Edguy, Virgin Steele, Stratovarius, Within Temptation, and lots more...)

Chzn8r
03-12-2004, 03:57 AM
I don't like much Power Metal (only Blind Guardian and Nightwish, really). Don't like Rhapsody, Stratovarious (Timo Tolkki is insane now lol!), or Within Temptation... probably wouldn't like that project^^