PDA

View Full Version : Samurai vs. Ninja

eestlinc
02-13-2004, 08:02 AM
One is dark and attacks with two swords and and throwing stars. The other uses a finer blade with a shield and throws his own money instead. One dies constantly because he has no defense. The other walks away unscathes due to his amazing ability to avoid hits.

That's just my opinion, though. feel free to call me stupid. Also, anyone who votes Dancer! is forever my friend.

Bahamut2000X
02-13-2004, 11:48 AM
I finally had to chose samurai. Just because of the sheer coolness factor of them. Not to mention GP toss is a core staretegy in my final boss fight. Just GP toss till I do a few thousand. Besides Samurais are just way cooler then a ninja. Although maybe a Samurai Ninja combo, that would just be sweetness in a box and be way cooler then the Samurai alone, especially if the Samurai Ninja is a cyborg as well.

DocFrance
02-13-2004, 02:57 PM
I never use !GilToss, but I like Samurai anyway. Katanas are usually the most powerful weapons in the game - in fact, when I get the Katana from Tycoon Castle near the beginning of the game, I usually switch one character to bare class just so I can use it. Samurai are physically powerful, and have very high evade ratings (even more with SwordGrab). Katanas are also have higher critical hit rates than most weapons.

But like B2kX said, a Samurai with TwoSword or a Ninja with EqKatana would be pure owningness.

Flying Mullet
02-13-2004, 04:11 PM
I like Ninja's for the skeans. While they might not be the most powerful later on in the game, by that point I usually have X-Fight and Two Swords so I don't care about abilities like Gil Toss and Throw.

The Man
02-13-2004, 08:12 PM
I had to vote for "equally good/bad" - I really like 2Sword, but GilToss is a truly godly ability as well.

Quite frankly, by the end of the game you have so much money that it just makes sense to throw it at enemies. Especially since it's so powerful to do so.

Del Murder
02-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Two sword is one of my favorites. I don't throw money away.

The Man
02-13-2004, 08:51 PM
I don't use giltoss much until the end of the game. By the end of the game though all the best stuff is free and it's pointless to have like 2698203234 gil so why not throw it away. movers give you something like 500,000 gil per battle anyway. granted they're crazy-rare, but they also give you 200 abp or something so it's worth wandering around to try to find them.

Del Murder
02-13-2004, 10:01 PM
I agree that ninjas get their butts kicked, but then I just quickly switch them to white mage and cure then switch back.

I don't throw away money even at the end, I'm just weird about that (maybe against the last guy I would but I would be in Bare by then anyway).

The Man
02-13-2004, 10:44 PM
GilToss is the best way to defeat NeoExdeath, actually. So yeah.

Sefie1999AD
02-13-2004, 10:52 PM
I have to agree with The Man that Ninja and Samurai are equally good/bad. I rarely use them, really. I use Ninjas only to learn 2-Swords, and I use Samurais only to learn Gil Toss. Then I equip a Bare character with either of those abilities and beat up all the enemies (I usually combine 2-Swords with X-Fight). As for Gil Toss, I don't really use it until the final dungeon. There I use it against some of the tougher enemies and bosses, and especially against Neo-Exdeath because he has several body parts. Oh, and was it Ninja or Samurai which had the Smoke ability so that your party can instantly run away from battles?

DocFrance
02-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by The Man
GilToss is the best way to defeat NeoExdeath, actually. So yeah. Pfft. You obviously haven't heard of my patented Sublimely Magnificent Grand Summon Bahamut Mark III.

The Man
02-14-2004, 01:56 AM
I defeated him with a mix of black, white, and time magic the first time actually. But GilToss is a hell of a lot more efficient.

Bahamut's a decent summon but as I recall it eats MP like a mofo.

eestlinc
02-14-2004, 02:11 AM
I always use giltoss in the dimension castle area with those annoying dragons. it's so much easier than trying to run. I'm just like "WTF I HATE THESE GUYS *giltoss*"

The Man
02-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by eestlinc
I always use giltoss in the dimension castle area with those annoying dragons. it's so much easier than trying to run. I'm just like "WTF I HATE THESE GUYS *giltoss*" roflllllll

hey that just reminded me of a good topic that pro9babyl hasn't been done in ages. *goes to make it*

DocFrance
02-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by The Man
Bahamut's a decent summon but as I recall it eats MP like a mofo. It's a much better summon if you can cast it five times in one turn, thanks to my patented Sublimely Magnificent Grand Summon Bahamut Mark III.

The Man
02-14-2004, 09:09 PM
yes, I'd probably be more inclined to agree if you actually EXPLAINED it :p

Sefie1999AD
02-14-2004, 11:44 PM
That's an easy tactic. Get a Mimic, and give him/her a Goldpin (halves MP cost), X-Magic (master Red Mage), Dimen and Summon abilities. Use X-Magic to cast Bahamut, then Quick, then use X-Magic to cast Bahamut twice. That character gets one more turn. Use Mimic. That's 5 Bahamuts which take as much MP as summoning 1.5 Bahamuts would. If you want, you can have the next character (if s/he's a Mimic) Mime to get 2 free Bahamuts. If you're feeling risky, replace Bahamut with Meteo.

eestlinc
02-15-2004, 05:34 AM
the only reason to use the mimic class is to have one character have !White, !Black (or !Time) and !X Magic. That and mimicking Bahamut of course. Mimicking Sword Dance however, sucks.

Heath
02-15-2004, 11:32 AM
GilToss usually makes fighting Atomos so much easier. I don't know why but I always take a Samurai with me to fight it. A cross between the Samurai and the ninja is brilliant though.

Loony BoB
02-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Samurai by a long way.

PS. I am forever a friend of eestlinc. :D!

eestlinc
02-15-2004, 08:58 PM
yay! seriously Dancer is one of the best jobs. <3 BoB

The Man
02-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Dancer is a sadly underrated job class. :O

eestlinc
02-15-2004, 10:54 PM
and ff5 is a sadly underrated game. at least we know better.

In case feedback gets old we can always have here.

The Man
02-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by eestlinc
and ff5 is a sadly underrated game.Point.
at least we know better.Point.
In case feedback gets old we can always have here. Point.

escobert
02-17-2004, 04:02 PM
I so voted dancer :)

Marble
03-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
IAlthough maybe a Samurai Ninja combo, that would just be sweetness in a box and be way cooler then the Samurai alone, especially if the Samurai Ninja is a cyborg as well.

Sniper Ninja Samurai Cyborg Pirate, imho. ;)

I dunno, Samurais are close to invincible, but Ninjas are cooler. I prefer Dragoons either way.