PDA

View Full Version : DRUNK

Mikztsu
02-13-2004, 05:35 PM
HAd to make another one since the reset.

This isn't the thread where you post ONLY when you're drunk ( of course you can).

Just your thoughts of the alcohol? How much do you use it? I like to go out, get drunk about once per week. No harm done, I can control myself well ( yeah, I know some people can't and they drive and drink and blah blah). Only thing that sucks is, that it's expensive.

PeTeRL90
02-13-2004, 05:37 PM
A few months back, I used to go out and drink about every other day, but I've been cutting back ever since.

Bright Eyes
02-13-2004, 05:40 PM
I get drunk about once, maybe twice a month, and as a rule of thumb it's a good idea to stop drinking when you can't see clearly.

I've got no problems with people going out and getting drunk now and again, but you get people who take it too extremes =/

Mikztsu
02-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah, people who takes it too far, doesn't know their limits r sux. I very much always know when I've had enough.

It's all good fun when you know how to use it. Like with so many things. Some people can use power, and some abuse it. Same goes with alcohol, I guess.;-)

Dr Unne
02-13-2004, 05:53 PM
I get drunk approximately zero times per lifetime. Drunk people annoy me to no end, and when (not if) they end up doing something foolish and hurting themselves, I have no sympathy for them. I refuse to tolerate willful stupidity in any form. As far as people who drink and drive, I won't even go into what I think they deserve; I'm not sure I can think up anything bad enough. A filthy drunk driver killed some of my family 10 years back. Some piece of human garbage who valued an hour of his own brain-melting enjoyment more than the lives of a mother with two children in the backseat. What do you expect when you purposefully remove your ability to think? I consider every single person who gets drunk out of his or her mind capable of doing the same thing.

Del Murder
02-13-2004, 05:54 PM
Do we really have to have a 'how much do you drink' thread every month?

I used to drink with my friends but I grew out of it. I don't think it makes things better, it just makes you stupid. I'm stupid enough without it. :)

Mikztsu
02-13-2004, 05:58 PM
No, we might not, but we do need one in the Forums, since the reset. And this might grow in some good discussion, like Unners just posted, which I'm not even gonna answer, as it depends very much about individual.:)

Yamaneko
02-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Just as long as you keep the thread clean. :)

I drink maybe once or twice a year, socially, with my family. I see no harm in that. I agree with what Unne said about willful stupidity.

RSL
02-13-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't drink at all. I don't mind others who do EXCEPT when they decide to drive afterwards. Drunk drivers get off too easy I think.

Modigliani
02-13-2004, 06:48 PM
I don't drink. Used to, but when I finally got a grip and analyzed the situation, the negatives outweighed the positives for me. It's not that I've started to hate alcohol or anything; it's just not that exciting as far as "highs" go.

Flying Mullet
02-13-2004, 07:15 PM
I used to drink like a fish, but not anymore. Like others have mentioed before, I grew out of it and it gets old drinking all of the time. Plus after I quit drinking I lost 15 pounds and saved $400-$500 a month in beer expenses.

HOOTERS
02-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Drinking socially is always fun imho, and so is getting drunk as long as it's not some loser drunk.

A couple of weeks ago I had one of those nights where you don't realise how much you've drunk until you go to leave and you see how few beers you've got left. I seemed to play better at cards the more drunk I got, or maybe I was just imagining I was winning. I'm pretty sure I posted a thread here too but the next day it was gone. Can't remember what it was about though....must have been pretty bad or word association imho.

Lindy
02-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I haven't been drunk since September the somethingth, because I became very "tired and emotional" at a friends party.

So there.

I'll start again soon.

Shlup
02-13-2004, 08:37 PM
I drink about every other weekend or so, but I don't usually get too drunk because last time I did I vomited more then you would believe. I'm a bit of a wine-o; other alcohol is not so good.

The Man
02-13-2004, 08:48 PM
I take antidepressants, so it would be a piss-poor idea for me to drink. Back before I took antidepressants, I'd drink in extreme moderation (no more than a glass, really) if someone offered me something I could actually stand the taste of (which, in other words, was wine only).

Burtsplurt
02-13-2004, 08:50 PM
I don't drink. I used to drink a little bit (maybe once every few months), but I gave it up completely a few years ago. I didn't enjoy it and I don't much see the point in doing something I don't enjoy. I find drunk people to be incredibly annoying and I never wanted to end up like that.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Me and my ten year old cousin got drunk once, we rolled down the hill and then she threw up on me, I haven't drunk much and I think it shouldn't be taken lightly maybe occasionally you could have a quite a bit to drink but not much:choc:

Breine
02-13-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't get drunk so often, about 1-3 times a month, but when it happens I'm really drunk... :D

And, when I'm drunk I dance like a wild baboon... Or that's what people say ^_^

Mr. Graves
02-13-2004, 09:26 PM
I got druck two times. I'm waaaaay overdue.

Proxy
02-13-2004, 09:40 PM
I like Kilkenny's as a beer, nice & dark, but, if i wanna get retarded, vodka and anything will suit me just fine! :)
Hmm..my drinking habits are somewhat odd
When i drink, i drink, i get drunk, but when i do get drunk, its all at once, like, 5-10 times a month
then there will be a 2-3 or 4 month pause, and then it kicks up again.
February is my drunk month. I'll be reporting back to this thread in about 11 hours.

Chaos
02-13-2004, 10:08 PM
I have no problem with drinking, although I do dislike it when people are aggressive when drunk and drink and drive and things. I have no patience with them.

I do like getting drunk at times, its a laugh when I'm with my friends. I'm not one of those people who thinks its necessary to be drunk to have a good time, I don't get that.

Chaos

War Angel
02-13-2004, 10:17 PM
I never get drunk. I always fall asleep first.

Evelia
02-13-2004, 10:25 PM
I drink socially, but that's it. I don't like feeling out of control.

Proxy
02-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Weee. I'm back from the bar. I spent $80 and i can still type fine....ollol...ops, nbem!
christ...good times.man...so man barfriends

DeathIsMyFreedom
02-14-2004, 09:08 AM
mm, i myself can say ive never been drunk, but im a mean drunk at the same time. Ive drank alot that should of got me drunk..but nope, no where near it, im one of those people that can drink alot and not get drunk not sure if thats a good thing, i member i drank a margarita...didnt get drunk off it my first beer was a ice beer, and i drank that in 30seconds..didnt get me drunk, then it was the vodka..nope...-_- so yea.. i dont think drinkins for me anyways =p

Proxy
02-14-2004, 09:14 AM
LoL
spend 80 at a bar & your first drink a dbl shot of vodka followed by ONLY vodka & lime from 10:32pm to 2:30am
you'll get retarded

Peegee
02-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Alcohol in small doses doesn't cause stupidity. I'm not sure why you would want to do it regardless, but there you go.

I don't like being drunk, but sometimes my sense of sanity vanishes (One can argue I never had it to begin with) and I drink too much and do stupid things or look stupid. Either way it's not fun.

What's so good about being drunk anyway?

Bernhard
02-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Modigliani
I don't drink. Used to, but when I finally got a grip and analyzed the situation, the negatives outweighed the positives for me. It's not that I've started to hate alcohol or anything; it's just not that exciting as far as "highs" go.

^

Heath
02-14-2004, 01:38 PM
I drink seldomly, though Bright Eyes and Kat (not at the forums) have both got plans to get me drunk. <s>Now you know why I don't feel secure, any time now they could jump out of a bush and force vodka down my throat.</s>

I have no problem with people drinking, as long as it's not unhealthy and people's lives aren't at risk (obviously). I've had some very funny phonecalls from Kat when she's drunk, and Bright Eyes when she was stuck in a bath with the tap on.

Mr.Money
02-14-2004, 01:56 PM
I drink every weekend, infact I just got drunk last night.

Breine
02-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Well, I'm drunk right now :D I'm having a blast ^_^

The Man
02-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Heath
I drink seldomly, though Bright Eyes and Kat (not at the forums) have both got plans to get me drunk. <s>Now you know why I don't feel secure, any time now they could jump out of a bush and force vodka down my throat.</s> rofllllll

Meuterei wants me to get drunk on my 21st birthday. Hrm.

Proxy
02-15-2004, 03:45 AM
I really wanna get drunk tonight. it'll make the pain go away.

Johnny Mac
02-15-2004, 05:45 AM
Just your thoughts of the alcohol? How much do you use it? I like to go out, get drunk about once per week. No harm done, I can control myself well ( yeah, I know some people can't and they drive and drink and blah blah). Only thing that sucks is, that it's expensive.

I totally agree. I go out on friday night and saturday night and drink. I usually only get really drunk on friday nights though. Mind you I have Beer on tap in my appartment on my bar so I usually have two beers at like 2am when I get off of work.

Dingo Jellybean
02-15-2004, 06:38 AM
I've never drank alcohol in my life. So I've never been drunk and I don't like being around drunk people...and I don't associate myself with them. Sounds kinda discriminatory, but I tend not to get along with drunk people.

Besides...why jeapordized your health so you can vomit in the morning?

eestlinc
02-15-2004, 06:58 AM
I never drink so much that I get sick or hung over. Of course, I never got into the binge drinking, which I think is dumb. Still, I think it is ignorant to generalize about people who drink alcohol.

Mikztsu
02-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Dingo_Jellybean
Besides...why jeapordized your health so you can vomit in the morning?

I'm lucky, as I never get hungover. And as counterbalance to my alcohol consuming, I do sports stuff ( like swimming and gymming) a lot. I'm in perfect health and shape. 8-)

Having fever at the moment, though.

Dr Unne
02-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Playing sports doesn't repair your scarred liver and dissolved stomach lining.

Mikztsu
02-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Liver doesn't get permanent damage if you drink once a week, I suppose. I guess the liver-thing is problem only for alcoholics. *_*

If my liver gets little permanent damage everytime I drink, then so be it. There's a price for everything good in this world it seems.>_* Candies having too much sugar, "good" food having too much fat, etc. But if you don't eat too much candy, if you don't drink too much soda, if you don't eat too much fatty food, if you don't DRINK too much, you'll be fine.

black orb
02-15-2004, 06:09 PM
>>> I have the tendency to drink only when im sad or depressed..
Unlike most of the people I dont do it for fun, there are better things for that..

Proxy
02-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Mac
I totally agree. I go out on friday night and saturday night and drink. I usually only get really drunk on friday nights though. Mind you I have Beer on tap in my appartment on my bar so I usually have two beers at like 2am when I get off of work.

OCC: holy shat he's back...

OT: Yeah...i should come over some morn when you get off work & drink up a storm with ya

escobert
02-20-2004, 04:50 AM
Ok I'm drunk rifght now :) I have been drinking for over 24 hours non stop. except for 4 hours when I went to work. :) I have yet to sleep just drink beer.

Proxy
02-21-2004, 08:30 PM
I was completely hammered last night.
and i passed out. the proceeding is what happens if you pass out/fall asleep first in our group.
(yes thats me...)

White Raven
02-22-2004, 03:28 AM
In the same event as where Surfacing got vandleized heres a pic of me...drunk times had by all! We started drinking at 5:30...and were all destroyed by 12:00...lol

(I'm the one with the Rush teeshirt)

Evelia
02-22-2004, 03:51 AM
You always have the"thumbs-up" sign in your pictures. xD

White Raven
02-22-2004, 04:20 AM
Indeed. The thumbs-up is a constant hand signal for me when I'm intoxicated....lol

I would have done it for this pic, but as you can see my hands were full XD

Miriel
02-22-2004, 05:15 AM
I don't drink, therefore I don't get drunk. I'm usually the designated driver which isn't too bad, I just ask all the wasted people in the car to cough up some gas money, and I do this every mile or so, or at every gas station I see along the way.

I can't stand the taste of alcohol and I don't know any reasons why I should drink at all, even for "social" purposes. I mean, what's the difference if I'm drinking a sprite rather than a beer at a party?

tomothy
02-22-2004, 01:12 PM
alcohol is fantastic.

i get drunk once or twice a week, well whenever someone wants to go out and drink with me. sometimes i get too drunk and do... stuff... i wouldn't normally do, but that can lead to good things aswell as bad things. :D?!

i think it's fantastic, and though i have seen some horrific drunken incidents, i believe that it is more in the character of the person behind the glass that will determine their actions.

it really only depends on the lifestyle of everyone, and everyone has a choice. to each his own, i say.

but for me its my beer goggles and giggly squeaky voice saying : "it's all about the fuzzy, patchy memories"

cheers. :mad:

Shattered Chest
02-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Sometimes I think I'd like to get so drunk I'll never wake up again, but other times I promise myself I'll never ever drink again.

It's just, like someone said, whatever you're feeling, it'll just make it worse, or better.

Angyles Cerddoriaeth
02-22-2004, 04:36 PM
i do nto drink often but when i do, i can put it away well. never got smashed, or had a hangover, despite the gallons i have drank at one time.

i get tipsy, act stupid but that is all. never really had a hangover, even though i always mix the liquor

Mikztsu
02-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm gonna cut my drinking from now on. Lately it's just been boring. And I've often felt just kinda sad after the night has been over. Disappointed, etc. Now I'll just go with people ( if I go) when I'm sober, and cut actual drinking to once a month form once a week. >:O