PDA

View Full Version : UK players - Where are you getting yours?

Xander
02-14-2004, 12:10 AM
FFX-2 is out in 6 days! But I can't decide where to buy it from. Play.com has it for £32.99, free delivery. Amazon has it for £29.99, but they charge a cost for delivery, I think. Game has it for £34.99, and I'm not sure what they charge for delivery.

Also, are you planning on getting it as soon as it comes out? I want to although I never usually buy brand new games, but this one I'm so excited about ^^

Walkuren_Ritt
02-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Xander
FFX-2 is out in 6 days! But I can't decide where to buy it from. Play.com has it for £32.99, free delivery. Amazon has it for £29.99, but they charge a cost for delivery, I think. Game has it for £34.99, and I'm not sure what they charge for delivery.

Also, are you planning on getting it as soon as it comes out? I want to although I never usually buy brand new games, but this one I'm so excited about ^^

Yrkoon
02-16-2004, 03:13 AM
u could always buy it from game an u might get extra bonus points if u preorder it as when i bought ffx with preordering from them they gave me treble bonus points which made next game i bought cheaper :)

ill be buying it from game any way but wont be able to preorder since i might not be able to afford it :P

Mo-Nercy
02-16-2004, 08:54 AM
It got released 4 days early and my local imports store. So, I got mine today~

Still sucks living in Australia..

gokufusionss1
02-17-2004, 12:25 AM
i'd thought i'd just go into an actual real shop and buy it on it's release day, although i have skies of arcadia to compleat before then.

MecaKane
02-17-2004, 02:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the brittish counter-part to Walmart would be your best bet. Not that the game isn't a let down. :(

Yrkoon
02-21-2004, 06:24 AM
I ended up buying mine from the local tesco shop worked out good since i got beer an smokes at same time :)

blue_midget192
02-21-2004, 02:14 PM
:D i pre ordered mine from game and got it today :) woot, however i havent played it yet because i aint completed FFX :( so it would be i big pile of spoiler ridden spoiler, but. Btw delivery from game is £1.50 :) and and i got the game for £32.99

Xander
02-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I ended up buying it from MVC, me and Lindz bought our copies together, £37.99. Probably could have got it cheaper online, but I thought I'd go and buy a game *for real* for once xD

I'm just stroking the box a lot mostly, and watched the intro. But blue_midget192, yes definately finish FFX first, you shouldn't even be looking at FFX-2 yet! xD

blue_midget192
02-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Xander
I'm just stroking the box a lot mostly, and watched the intro. But blue_midget192, yes definately finish FFX first, you shouldn't even be looking at FFX-2 yet! xD

i was doing that this morning! :D i haven't looked at it that much, i put it back in its protective thing that it got mailed to me in :) and its siting by by my ps2...its calling to me...wats that..not i can't you *twitch* i need to *twitch* finish 10 first...noo *twitch* no the sailer suit..its too small....nooo. aaaagh *twitch*

gokufusionss1
02-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Don't even read the story in the manual that gives away way too much info

blue_midget192
02-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by gokufusionss1
Don't even read the story in the manual that gives away way too much info

seriusly thanks fro that warning, i probably would have read it and ripped it up. Thank You

Pure Strife
02-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Well I was supposed to hop on a bus with a load of friends Friday and go and hang around somewhere other than where we live for a bit. Then I got out late, arrived at the bus station after a 30 minuite walk to find everyone had left, thought **** it, and went and bought FFX-2 at GAME cause I had nothing better to do. Yay for long showers.

Breine
02-24-2004, 01:13 PM
It came out friday here in Denmark( as in England), and I got it monday (Yesterday)... I was supposed to buy it Friday, but I live in a small town (Where they don't have PS2-games... Well, okay they do, but the games they sell here in my town sucks!) so I had to go to the nearest Shopping Center and my friend had to drive me... But of course she didn't have time friday and saturday so monday it was... Anyway, I got the game yesterday and I've played around 1,5 hours... :)

Rainecloud
02-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Amazon delivered my copy on the supposed release date. So far, I've played the game for eight hours, and I'm enjoying it a lot. 'Tis good, but not as good as Final Fantasy X started out. It hasn't gripped me in the way that FF games normally do...yet...

Xander
02-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Rainecloud
'Tis good, but not as good as Final Fantasy X started out. It hasn't gripped me in the way that FF games normally do...yet...

I'm thinking the exact same thing right now. I'm enjoying it, it's fun but it hasn't "gripped" me yet like FFX did, but I think I just need a little longer maybe. It will be so ironic if I end up not liking it though after all the defending of it I've done. Nah, I think I will though, just not feeling "addicted" yet. xD