PDA

View Full Version : MIDI to MP3 or WAV Converter

Kirobaito
02-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey, I've got a helluvalotta MIDIs on my PC, but very little MP3s, and I want to make some CDs, so does anyone know of a good MIDI-MP3/WAV converter? However, it has to be free, because I have no money, and with no time limits (all of the ones I've download have either 10 or 30 second time limits on making WAV files). Thx!

Yamaneko
02-14-2004, 11:08 PM
http://mp3.about.com/cs/tipstricks/a/miditomp3orcd.htm

Kirobaito
02-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Hmm...I looked on that site, so does anyone know where I could find a WAV recording thing that doesn't have just a 1 minute limit? That's the only option for my cheapskate self.

Yamaneko
02-14-2004, 11:20 PM
I believe Winamp 2.91 has a WAV output plugin.

The Man
02-15-2004, 01:03 AM
Most good CD burning programs will convert MP3s to CD audio on the fly anyway.

Kirobaito
02-15-2004, 03:40 AM
The Man- I'm talking about MIDI to MP3, not MP3 to CD Audio. And anyway, I ended up finding it myself-but thanks for your help. I used BlazeAudio. I can only use it 10 times, but on my first time I made 36 WAV files-enough for my ff7 and ff9 CDs. I'll do FF8 tomorrow.

crono_logical
02-15-2004, 04:02 AM
This is where virtual PCs come in handy - just reset to a former config when the trial runs out to reset the count :p

The Man
02-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
The Man- I'm talking about MIDI to MP3, not MP3 to CD Audio. And anyway, I ended up finding it myself-but thanks for your help. I used BlazeAudio. I can only use it 10 times, but on my first time I made 36 WAV files-enough for my ff7 and ff9 CDs. I'll do FF8 tomorrow. yeah, you said that you needed something to convert to wav files so i'd assumed you'd converted to mp3s and needed mp3s converted to wavs or something, sorry about the confusion ;)

and if you're doing ff soundtracks, you do know about psf audio, right? http://www.zophar.net/psf/ you'll probably find that vastly preferable to a buncha probably crappy-quality midis. you'll need to get mp3s of the tracks that are in the fmvs because they haven't been converted to psfs, but still... beautiful stuff imho.

Peegee
02-15-2004, 12:37 PM
What's this deal about virtual PCs?

Baloki
02-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow - pG?
What's this deal about virtual PCs?

All it is is a program that tricks your computer into beliving that it is several computers and uses the same 'core' windows/linux/etc files for each version of Windows/linux/etc it runs in memory. It means that the operating system does not store any files on the hard drive until you give it specific reason/command to. Therefore it is 'vertual'.

Now we all know Guu is gonna come along and give you a sane and litterate version of what I just said so be patient.