PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts -- What is it?

TheSpoonyBard
02-15-2004, 03:12 PM
I've been playing FF for god knows how long, and I love them all, then one day I came across this game called Kingdom Hearts which, to my amazment, wasn't a FF game, but had Cloud and Aeris/th starring along side Donald Duck and Goofy! Can anyone tell me, briefly, what Kingdom Hearts is exactly?

Sefie1999AD
02-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Kingdom Hearts is a story about a 14-year-old boy called Sora and his friends Riku and Kairi. They're living on an island called Destiny Islands, but suddenly a massive storm erupts and destroys the island. There is a powerful evil force at work, one that strikes fear into any heart, so to speak.

Kingdom Hearts is a joint project between Squaresoft and Disney. The good thing about it is that Squaresoft completely made the game and Disney just gave Square the license to use Disney characters. That means the game's a high-quality Squaresoft game, not some Disney's garbage product intended for children.

There are at least a hundred Disney characters who make an appearance in Kingdom Hearts, and nine Final Fantasy characters. That's not too many FF characters, but IMHO, they're the ones that really shine. Sora, Kairi and Riku are well done characters too. They're designed by Tetsuya Nomura, the guy who also designed the characters for FF7, FF8, FFX and FFX-2.

zacks_clone
02-15-2004, 06:00 PM
The game is amazing!When i first saw that Cloud from Final Fantasy VII was in it, I set my mind to get it(im a pathertic mindless fangirl,i know).I expected it to be really disney-ish,like the few disney games my sister owns, and that I was merely going to play it to see Cloud and Aerith and Leon/Squall.When I started to play it-I was blown away.Sora was an amazing character, the story line was pretty good,the whole plot and locations were amazing- everything was much better then I ever expected.If your concerdering buying it I sujest you do.I found it well worth my time.

Advent Child
02-15-2004, 06:06 PM
If you like FF, this is about 100 times better.

zacks_clone
02-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Wha?!I wouldnt go THAT far...nothing beats ff VII ;)

Advent Child
02-16-2004, 01:09 AM
That's not true. In fact, it's the opposite. Something beats ffvii.

Xander
02-16-2004, 01:28 AM
The gameplay in KH is just pretty different to FF's, so you may or may not like it. It's a lot more action, fighting is totally different and takes a while to get used to - for me anyway who mostly just plays FF ^^

Being able to see enemies appear and fight them in real-time means you can avoid battles, which may be good if you don't enjoy random battles in Final Fantasy games.

There are similarities to FF's though, in the awesome characters and storyline, and abilities, summons, etc.
There are a lot of fun sidequests too.

I didn't think I was going to like it at first, but then I started again after leaving it for a while and got hooked!

So yeah, you should just try it out and see what you think, but Squaresoft did a wonderful job with this game <3

Phil
02-18-2004, 03:30 AM
See theres this kid with a key and he beats things with it and locks up worlds. THe end.

eternalshiva
02-18-2004, 04:19 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/kh/khreview.shtml

Here's a review of the game on the main site if you want more information, dig around in the front site ;p we're not called site staff slaves for nothing xD

escobert
02-18-2004, 04:20 AM
Yup. thats about it.

MateriaBladeVII
02-25-2004, 02:46 AM
How long has KH been out now? Geez- i can't believe there's gamers out there who still haven't heard of it. It's had major game sales and much praise. How many awards has this thing won? I dunno- but it's a lot. It's been around long enough and sold so much that its actually made the Greatest Hit List now. I bought a PS2 just so I could play this game last year when it came out. So i tell ya- when I hear people ask "What is Kingdom Hearts?", it hurts. C'mon people!

zoti
04-06-2004, 08:50 AM
KH is cool...until you get stuck and have no idea what to do...then it's not so much fun anymore....but when you know what to do then it's fun again...until next time....or maybye it is just me....i took a looooong "playoff" (if you can say it like that *LOL*) and then i started again....but that didn't last long....so now i have a "playoff" (still don't know if you can say that...)