PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII Theme Song

Devil_Child
02-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Has anyone ever listened to the FFVIII theme song, I downloaded it and I just can't stop listening to it, I can't describe the feeling I get......it's like....morphine for the soul, I probably only feel this way out of respect for the game but still.

p.s. The FFX theme song makes me feel the exact same way (despite not understanding the words)

Mo-Nercy
02-16-2004, 09:02 AM
I agree, Eyes on Me by Faye Wong has got to be one of the favourite songs of all time..

Too bad, she's like a million years old and completely dead on the HK music circuit. The new HK pop queen, Sammi~

Oh yea. Eyes on Me = good.

Devil_Child
02-16-2004, 09:33 PM
I just completed FFVIII today after a total of about 130 hours...whew....the end video thing sent a shiver of pride and joy down my spine with "eyes on me" playing.

Kirobaito
02-17-2004, 03:29 AM
Yeah, every FF song with words that I know (Melodies of Life and Eyes on Me) I sing practically all day long. It's pathetic, actually. Everywhere I go, I sing it. Sure, no one understands the words to EoM, I think because they are DIRECTLY translated from the Japenese, thus they can't make sense. A lot of incomplete sentences. A lot of missing subjects (like the first two lines). But I still love it.

Big D
02-17-2004, 03:35 AM
An upcoming Final Fantasy album will include a Japanese version of the song.
I can't wait, even though that album will never be available in my part of the world...
EoM is a nice one. Sure, it's not 100% sensical, but you can still tell what she's on about.
Faye Wong is pretty. She mightn't be the most popular singer in Hong Kong at the moment, but her name - and Eyes on Me - are still widely known, even to people who aren't FF-fans.

zacks_clone
02-17-2004, 07:51 PM
i love the ffVIII song.When i first heard it I had to go back and play that scean over and over again just so i can hear the words.

sadly,though,now i have gotten enough of it.havent listened to it in so long(listening to simple and clean.my new song:P).