PDA

View Full Version : Jobs?

blue_midget192
02-16-2004, 05:34 PM
what jobs are there in FFX-2? i know about things like the gunner and singer, but what else?

robfinalfantasy
02-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Warrior (Knight with Sorceror abilities)
Thief
Gun Mage (Blue Mage with a gun)
Berserker (bare-handed, has Monk's counter abilities, and can now be controlled)
Alchemist (Chemist)
Trainer (different for each character)
Mascot (different for each character)
Dark Knight
Gambler
Black Mage
White Mage
Samurai

blue_midget192
02-20-2004, 09:53 PM
:) nice, is that the whole lot, or is that just the ones u'v encountered?

m4tt
02-20-2004, 10:36 PM
That's all of them.. But I don't think the warrior has sorceror abilities. She actually has low magic attack/defense.

blue_midget192
02-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Nice :D and how do u actually change jobs? i presume you can't just change at will, explain this dressshpere system to me :)

robfinalfantasy
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Gau
That's all of them.. But I don't think the warrior has sorceror abilities. She actually has low magic attack/defense. The Warrior has the elemental sword magic just like the Sorceror from FF5. The only difference is that it now lasts one turn.

Originally posted by blue_midget192
Nice :D and how do u actually change jobs? i presume you can't just change at will, explain this dressshpere system to me :) You can change jobs at the menu (just like FF3j, FF5, FFT) and you can change jobs during battle. The only jobs available are the ones you have manually put on your garment grid. Each character can only have one garment grid equipped at a time. Let us say that Yuna has a garment grid that holds 2 dresspheres. One is Gun Mage and the other is Warrior. During battle or the menu you can only switch between those 2 jobs. If you want to be a Black Mage for example you would have to remove one of the dresspheres and replace it with the Black Mage dressphere. Another option would be to equip Yuna with a garment grid that holds more dresspheres. Garment grids can only be equipped in the field while jobs can be switched both during battle or in the field.

blue_midget192
02-21-2004, 09:44 PM
:D nice sounds great, not play any onf the games mentioned that this system is like but hey i'm sure i'l catch on :) thatnk you for the information. :D it was much appretiated