PDA

View Full Version : Port Older Versions of FF to GBA

xain
02-17-2004, 02:49 AM
Seeing how Square and Ninteno have made up would anyone like to see FF 1-6 on the portable. The GBA is ideal for RPG's, being able to level up on the bus adn what not. And it could be done easily when it comes to technology.

For Ex: Lunar Silver Star Story (PS) was ported to the GBA as Lunar Legend and its exactly the same.

So what does anyone else think of my idea??

Bahamut2000X
02-17-2004, 03:02 AM
I think they should port over only the first 6 games. That could easily be done with little effort. Seeing as the GBA is around the SNES in power it could easily support games like FFIV and V. I'm actually surprized that Nintendo and Square haven't even done this already it would sure bring in some money and make everyone happier.

Lunar Silver Star Story (PS) was ported to the GBA as Lunar Legend and its exactly the same.

A bit off topic, but I have Lunar Legend and it's got quite a few difefrences from the PS version, namely some bosses and plot points were taken out due to lack of space, this makes sense seeing how the PS version was 2 discs, which is quite a lot more then any amount of memory the GBA has.

Ya just thought I should mention that.

Herbz7
02-17-2004, 03:34 AM
That would be great, since then I wouldnt have to go looking for the NES and SNES and to find these old games and beat them. I'm sure the GBA/GBASP could handle it, I mean it handled Golden Sun, and some other large RPGs. Lets get going Square-Enix...wait though, to think of all the other projectas they are working on right now...

Strider
02-17-2004, 03:58 AM
It begs the question I've had in mind for a while: how do you distribute the action among the GBA buttons for the SNES ones? It only has two, right?

And besides, I think it'd be a bit difficult to do, seeing as those games have all already been remade for Sony. I could be wrong, though.

Agent Proto
02-17-2004, 04:45 AM
The GBA has 6 buttons actually. B, A, L, R, Select and Start. I'm sure Square can use all or most of the buttons for each game.

DJZen
02-18-2004, 02:22 AM
You only NEED to have 3 action buttons for a final fantasy game. confirm/search/talk, cancel, and you could probably just map menu and run to the same button. The only time this would even be remotely complicated is with a couple of Sabin's (ow! MASH'S! PLEASE STOP HITTING MY IN THE EYE NOW! I SAID MASH'S!!!) blitz moves, but it wouldn't be too hard to re-map those. Heck, if Capcom can put Street Fighter on GBA and make it just as playable, Square can put FF on GBA. They probably won't though, do you know how many times they've had to re-develop FF1 alone? First came the famicom/NES version. Then came the MSX version. Then the FDS version. Then the WSC version. Then the PS1 version. If I was them, I wouldn't even want to SAY Final Fantasy 1 again!

Inuyasha23
02-18-2004, 03:34 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i dont know how many of you have played the FF games for the Gameboy but they dont quite measure up.

my first problem is that things are going to be changed, some good some horribly wrong, secondly they ported 1,2,4,5,6 and Chrono Cross to the playstation alredy...good for people like me who dont have a nintendo but still there were changes, some big some small and annoying(Bartz hair).

i dont think it should be done

Lost Heretic
03-04-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm fairly certain that there have been plans for a FF3(j) port to the GBA.

DJZen
03-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Inuyasha23
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i dont know how many of you have played the FF games for the Gameboy but they dont quite measure up.

There are no FF games for the Gameboy. There are Seiken Densetsu and SaGa games for the gameboy, and FF games for the WSC, but there haven't been any FF games for gameboy. Yet.

Originally posted by Inuyasha23
my first problem is that things are going to be changed, some good some horribly wrong, secondly they ported 1,2,4,5,6 and Chrono Cross to the playstation alredy...good for people like me who dont have a nintendo but still there were changes, some big some small and annoying(Bartz hair).

While it's true that they've already done lots of porting, Square has shown several times that they really don't mind. FF4 went through, like, a bazillion incarnations. I doubt they have any problem with doing another. Anyhoo, you're really jumping to conclusions saying that things would be changed. I'm sure there'd be some minor graphical updates (if that) but nothing tremendously game-changing. I think probably the biggest switch they've made in any revision/update is the redone inventory system of FF1 in FF origins, and most people think that this is not a huge detractor from the game. Oh well, if these games don't show up on GBA, they WILL show up on your cell phone. Yes, that's right, cell phone.

Kirobaito
03-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by DJzen
There are no FF games for the Gameboy. There are Seiken Densetsu and SaGa games for the gameboy, and FF games for the WSC, but there haven't been any FF games for gameboy. Yet.

FF Legend 1, 2, and 3, and Adventure, I believe.

Bahamut2000X
03-04-2004, 11:36 PM
FF Legend 1, 2, and 3, and Adventure, I believe.

They were only called Final Fantays because Square thought it would be more popular here and make them money if it was somethign else. Thier true names are SaGa 1, 2, 3, and Seiken Densetsu (also known more commonly as the Mana series.)