PDA

View Full Version : Your most dissapointing FF game?

Herbz7
02-17-2004, 04:29 AM
Just as the question says... not on graphical terms since all came out on different consoles, but more along the storyline concept, what did not live up to the hype if it had any and what dissapointed you most?

PS sorry if this poll had already came up before...but oh well

Kirobaito
02-17-2004, 04:49 AM
Just now discovered the poll option, huh?

Herbz7
02-17-2004, 04:51 AM
wodaya mean?

DocFrance
02-17-2004, 05:28 AM
One word:

...whatever.

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 08:09 AM
i though tactics was unimpressive, but then again, I couldn;t ever figure out how to make the battle system work so I didn't exactly make it very far. I might give it another go someday soon.

Psychotic
02-17-2004, 01:19 PM
I guess I Kinda expected FFVIII to be just as good as and similar in battle style, etc to FFVII. So that disappointed me.

TheAbominatrix
02-17-2004, 01:22 PM
IX was just a massive disappointment for me. Tactics was, at first, but then I played a similar game called Vandal Hearts and Im proficient in that battle system. I think VH was easier to learn on.

m4tt
02-17-2004, 02:09 PM
VIII is the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

PeTeRL90
02-17-2004, 04:33 PM
VIII.

edczxcvbnm
02-17-2004, 05:01 PM
FFVI duh!

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 05:37 PM
X didn't really blow me out of the water being the first PS2 FF so I'll go with that.

Lord Chainsaw
02-17-2004, 06:03 PM
III was really a let down for me.

Some people call it the greatest of the NES Final Fantasies and I got the second worst RPG I've ever played.

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Gau
Agreed. FFVIII isn't even good enough to be worthy of being a coaster.

Imperia
02-17-2004, 07:14 PM
FF VIII was a little disappointing. Especially with its main characters (Rinoa especially).

FEOK
02-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Was I the only one that liked VIII and Mystic Quest?
Three words on the worst FF: Final Fantasy II. My how I hate that wreched peice of turd so-called FF.

escobert
02-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Gau

yes and IX

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 07:41 PM
see 9 was actually an awesome game. I expected it to kinda suck and I was completely impressed with the level of quality.

The Man
02-17-2004, 10:54 PM
the most disappointing thing about this thread is that mystic quest isn't on it.

Inuyasha23
02-18-2004, 03:41 AM
FINALLY SOMEONE SPEAKS!!!!!

X has got to be the worst FF game i have ever played, the main character is a whimp, most of the others are gay, it was waaayyy too easy, the levleing system sucked

BatChao
02-18-2004, 04:33 AM
I'll have to go with six... everyone said it was the best thing in the world and after I played Chrono Trigger, I was itching to play some more Square RPGs so I borrowed FFVI from my friend... and I was like... blergh. I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Kirobaito
02-18-2004, 04:39 AM
Herbz, what i mean is that you've posted quite a few polls. Just now discovered it, huh?

And I picked VIII. Either that or X. Just didn't flow my kranky, if you know what I mean. (what the hell does that mean?)

Proxy
02-18-2004, 06:56 PM
FFVIII was my least favourite FF game. the graphics were nice. but for the time, I think it was too realistic. characters bein proportioned and all
the story really needed help. sounded like something a grade9 student wrote. If Squaresoft&copy thought through it, it woulda been better.

m4tt
02-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Bert
yes and IX

Actually, IX is one of my favorites.

Aphelion
02-19-2004, 01:29 PM
FFVIII was horrible. Can someone tell me where the storyline is?

Inuyasha23
02-20-2004, 01:30 AM
why the heck do you people hate VIII.

It's a great game despite the magic system, and it's waaay better than X.

you know squall could kick tidus's a** to france and back.

wait, thet me refraise that. take a deep breath.....

THE FRENCH COULD KICK TIDUS'S A**

that is quite possibly the worst thing anyone can say about anyone else ever.

IX is also a great game

Edit by Yamaneko: Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Yamaneko
02-20-2004, 02:57 AM
I didn't enjoy VIII. I didn't really enjoy any of them actually, after VII / Tactics.

DocFrance
02-20-2004, 03:27 AM
FFVIII was the only one that I found to have no redeeming value. There was nothing in that game that I could list as being "good."

Herbz7
02-23-2004, 06:36 AM
And to think that the next game i was going to pick up was either 8 or 9, even though i want to play through both and beat them. So maybe I'll borrow 8 and purchase 9...

DocFrance
02-23-2004, 08:18 AM
A wise choice, young paduwan.

Bahamut2000X
02-23-2004, 11:45 AM
To me FFX-2 was by far them ost disappointing FF. Much more then VIII or any disappointment in every FF combined.

Lamia
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Tactcs's gameplay... kicks the booties of the turn-base system battles. Really, it's not that hard to figure out the Battle System. :rolleyes2

Anyway,...
Actually, X was the most dissapointing for me.
I think it's the fact that you couldn't walk around on the world map... so I went through the game wandering if I was ever going to get the chance and thinking 'damn these are a lot of scenes to be grouped together..' then I went on and on..and realized...THE WHOLE FRICKIN GAME was like that. Ahwell... I had fun once I got my airship but.. geez .. heh, atleast the ending was awesome.

Nait
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
The first one, I mean, sheesh, no plot to speak o' and the gameplay was just... Boring and deadly at the same time.

Three6Mafia
02-27-2004, 09:38 PM
VIII made me wanna slit my wrists. terrible game. just really boring.

JseanjohnC
02-28-2004, 12:26 AM
makes it look like a dumb mario game

Cyn
03-11-2004, 04:03 AM
FFVIII was a huge disappointment, because I loved the story, but absolutely hated how it played. The junction system is the biggest pile of crap ever to show its face in an FF game, and the sole reason VIII is the only FF I for some reason can't beat.

SpiritWolf
03-11-2004, 04:47 AM
There isn't really one final fantasy that I think is bad but. I'm going to say VIII. I like the story but the battle system needed some work.

Xander
03-12-2004, 12:21 AM
VIII disappointed me in a way, as I started playing it after I finished my first FF, FFVII. I still haven't completed it cos I just go a little way and get bored. >_<

The storyline just didn't live up to what I hoped after VII, I just didn't find it interesting enough personally, and I've never been able to get into the game enough to finish it yet.

JseanjohnC
03-13-2004, 01:12 AM
of the games i hav played i would hav 2 say final fantasy 7! i hav no idea y every1 is picken #8 because in my opinion i think it had the best story line! way better than #7

nevermind6794
03-13-2004, 04:38 AM
No. You are wrong.

SupremeDude
03-13-2004, 10:40 AM
FFVII : Exellently brilliant
FFVIII : Good
FFIX : Not that good
FFX : Crap.
FFX-2 : Total bull****. I wouldnt wipe my ass with this crap.

Notice a pattern? Square is losing its touch.

Xander
03-13-2004, 12:39 PM
The only pattern I notice is that Square are changing things in their games, and FF fans aren't happy about it. FFX and FFX-2 are perfectly good games, sure they may have disappointed some people but most of those people are probably the ones who want FFVII, FFVII-2, FFVII-3, FFVII-4.... you get my point.

Square aren't losing their touch they are just experimenting and changing gameplay. No big deal.

TheAbominatrix
03-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Xander
The only pattern I notice is that Square are changing things in their games, and FF fans aren't happy about it. FFX and FFX-2 are perfectly good games, sure they may have disappointed some people but most of those people are probably the ones who want FFVII, FFVII-2, FFVII-3, FFVII-4.... you get my point.

Square aren't losing their touch they are just experimenting and changing gameplay. No big deal.

Very well said. I totally agree with you.

Edgar
03-21-2004, 05:29 AM
you know squall could kick tidus's a** to france and back.

wait, thet me refraise that. take a deep breath.....

THE FRENCH COULD KICK TIDUS'S A**

that is quite possibly the worst thing anyone can say about anyone else ever.

Yes, Squall would kick Tidus ass but unfortunately, both characters and both stories suck.

I hate Chicken-wusses (I can see why Seifer hate him)
I hate overdramtic women (Rinoa = hands-down irritating imo, and to think I thought Aeris was bad. Sorry Aeris...)
I hate sudden personality changes (What's up with Squall at around disc 3?)
I hate fighting villians I had only met once in my life (Ultimecia)
I hate fighting villians and turning out that it's my caretaker (Edea. Squaresoft shouldn't take Star Wars concept too far. It would make Star Wars fan hate them)
I hate the concept of overlinking (Cid is Edea's husband, Edea is Squall's caretaker and WORST OF ALL, the whole SeeD crew, save Rinoa, comes from the same orphanage which Edea comes from)

The only characters I could stand is Irvine, Selphie and Seifer.

aeris2001x2
03-22-2004, 01:37 PM
of all the ffs i have completed its tactics advanced. that was utter crap of the highest order.

of the numbered final fantasy x-2. its not a bad game, but pales to the others. ff8 did hold the crown of worst, but it was genius to me still, despite its MANY! flaws. however despite enjoying ffx2 immensly...it is crap in almost every rational capacity.

i thought of the numbered ffs ffx2 was the only one not to have a great story. yes ff4,ff6,ff7,ff9 and even ff10 had genius stories. even the others had a good one..even ff8,despite the numerous plot holes and non character development beyond squall and laguna.

but this ffx-2...what kind of story is this? sometimes i wonder why I am wasting my time mastering this game...

and i DONT want any ff 7 sequels. i dont want a very complete and life changing game 2 be debased with an inferior sequel...or prequel(star wars anyone?)

i just want ff games to be good as ff6 and ff7.

what i dont get is ffx2 my least fav, but ffx is my THIRD fav. man those who hated ffx...god knows what vile thoughts they think of this sequel

William
03-29-2004, 01:33 AM
The most disappointing one to me has to be FFX. I just didn't like it and I think Tidus is a pansy as a main character.

Next I guess would come either VIII or MQ.

Shadraque
03-29-2004, 07:30 PM
I've noticed that my favorite Final Fantasy game (for various reasons) being VIII is not very popular among Final Fantasy fans.

I wonder if I liked it independantly of expectation because it is different from the rest of the series? I don't have much to compare it to (because I did not like IX) but since the second least popular is X-2, I wonder if that means I will enjoy that too?

Avalon_Beouvle07
03-30-2004, 04:58 AM
Okay.....here I go. The most disappointing FF to me is Final Fantasy 7-I know millions of people adore the storyline of this game, so SHOOT ME! nyah:love: ! I tried to get through it, I really did. So many people told me that "IT'S THE GREATEST THING KNOWN TO MANKIND!!!!!", so I tried, but I couldn't do it. I'm sorry. The graphics sucked big time, and it was just........:cry:
FF:Spirits Within sucked BIG TIME-but that 'twas a movie, friends!:love: it still sucked, though.......
2nd place disappointment: FFX. WAY TOO SLOW. SERIOUSLY. I TRIED THAT TOO, AND IT JUST DIDN'T WORK OUT. WAY TOO SLOW........................

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Still Final Fantasy VIII. :cool:

DocFrance
03-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Mimic
Still Final Fantasy VIII. :cool: Can't argue with that.