PDA

View Full Version : Wav. ---> Midi Converter?!

SpiralEdge
02-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a converter that converts a FF wav. file into a FF midi file? Thank you.

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
This is better suited in the Help Forum.

Baloki
02-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SpiralEdge
Does anyone know where I can get a converter that converts a FF wav. file into a FF midi file? Thank you.

Are you mad?

I recommend that you instead convert to MP3, its better quality, but if your desperate goto:

http://midi.yagr.com/index.php

and download the things.

But remember midis have no voice component

SpiralEdge
02-18-2004, 03:12 AM
Thanks, I know mp3's are better... (no duh) It's just that i need a couple of midi files for a couple of reasons. :) ANYWAYS...thanks!

Big Ogre Umaro
02-18-2004, 04:27 AM
A MIDI file contains information of a completely different nature than that of a WAV or MP3 file. While WAVs are recorded sounds, a MIDI is just a series of commands that is interpreted and played back by your sound card.

Hey, here's an article on the issue. (http://mp3.about.com/library/weekly/aa111102MP3toMIDI.htm)

SpiralEdge
02-18-2004, 07:56 AM
*Slaps head*
Im not completely dumb! I know what a MIDI is, and I also know there are converters... however all the WAV to MIDI converters I've found, cost money.
*Realizes I will never find a free Wav to MIDI converter*

Baloki
02-18-2004, 05:02 PM
As I said download them!!!!

You can get FF midis anywhere!!!

Anyways, also if you have a Nero 5 disc check on that and see if its wave editor can do it.....

SpiralEdge
02-18-2004, 07:09 PM
The real reason I need a midi converter, is because I can't find the MIDI for the FF Origins version of Temple of Chaos (When they go 2000 years in the past). I finally just recorded the song... but its in wav format. I dl'ed a wav-------> MIDI converter...but it only does 15 secs. and then says: BUY REAL VERSION!

Peegee
02-19-2004, 08:02 PM
wav->midi exists? How is that possible?

Baloki
02-19-2004, 08:05 PM
I suppose it just takes the chords and translates them.

SpiralEdge
02-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Well I dont know how they work, but I do know they exist... I guess no one on this forum knows where I can get one... If you want proof type into yahoo... WAV to MIDI converter... and a few should pop- up.

Big Ogre Umaro
02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
wav->midi exists? How is that possible? They're for instrumental recordings with a single instrument. You can't like take some Beethoven or something and stick it in there and have a perfectly working MIDI pop out.

SpiralEdge
02-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Well... I have a couple WAV --- MIDI converters, but like I said before there only demo... anyways in one of the trial programs, it copies 15 seconds into MIDI... and it did what GokuKid749876 said... but more advanced... each tune came out on a different chord, to make the MIDI I wanted... and it did do it PERFECTLY. Which is very understandable if you know how MIDI's work........

ANYWAYS.........................................I guess i'll never know where I can find one......... hm...... i'll make my own MIDI using acid lol.