PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VI Trivia

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 02:49 PM
There hasn't been any Final Fantasy VI trivia in a few months, so why not, eh?

Besides glitching, how many Atma Weapons (swords, not the enemy) can you find in the game and how do you obtain them?

Strider
02-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Just one, I believe, that you find in the cave to the Esper World.

What is the order in which you find the characters in the World of Balance?

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 07:55 PM
You can steal another Atma from Atma in Kefka's Tower, I believe.

Character order:
Terra
Biggs
Wedge
Locke
Mog
Random Moogles
Edgar
Sabin
Bannon
Branch: Celes
Branch: Shadow, Cyan, Gau
Setzer
Strago
Relm
Leo

You can get Shadow a couple more times and Mog is optional once you have the airship.

Q: What time is it (in Zozo)?

Strider
02-17-2004, 07:57 PM
6:10:50

How many Blitzes does Sabin know when you first get him as a character?

Del Murder
02-17-2004, 08:17 PM

What enemy drops the Economizer?

Strider
02-17-2004, 08:20 PM
The Brachiosaur in the World of Ruin. It's in the forest north of the Veldt.

What are the names of Cyan's wife and son?

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Just to clarify...

Originally posted by El Mariachi
How many Blitzes does Sabin know when you first get him as a character?
Sabin can know 2 or more Blitzes when you get him, it all depends upon his level. Sabin's first seven blitzes are determined by Sabin's level and Sabin's starting level is determined by Terra's level. So if you're boired enough to get Terra to high levels at the beginning of the game, or have a game genie, Sabin can have a lot of blitzes when you first get him

Originally posted by Del Murder
What enemy drops the Economizer?
The Aquila, found in the Phoenix Cave, also has the Economizer.

[/technicality spewing]

Anyway...

Elaine and Owain I believe

How many battles does it take to uncurse the Cursed Shield, and what does it turn into when uncursed?

Strider
02-17-2004, 08:54 PM
255 battles, I think. It turns into the Paladin Shield, which is good stuff.

What is the first spell Terra learns to use, besides the two she already knows at the beginning of the game?

DocFrance
02-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Antidote.

What is the next spell she learns naturally?

The Man
02-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
You can steal another Atma from Atma in Kefka's Tower, I believe.no, it's either Girl or Sleep, one of the monsters on the final tier of enemies before you fight Kefka.

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
The Aquila, found in the Phoenix Cave, also has the Economizer.yes, but you have to steal it from the Aquila, and it can be done only in some versions of the game.

I don't remember the next question and I'm not at home to check, so I can't answer. ;o

Strider
02-18-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Drain, but I'll hold off on asking a question of my own until I get the thumbs up.

DocFrance
02-18-2004, 01:15 AM
Correctamundo!

Strider
02-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Sweeeeet.

New question: How many different enemies (including the boss) reside in the Fanatic's Tower?

The Man
02-18-2004, 06:07 AM
a wild guess here:

twelve.

the nine levels of magic, WhiteDragon, Magic Urn, and MagiMaster.

I'm probably forgetting someone though.

In case I'm actually right:

What two enemies in the game can cast Fallen One, and where are they encountered?

Strider
02-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Nah, you were in the clear, Man.

As for your question. . . I know Kefka is definitely one of them, as the final boss. The other is a dragon-type creature in Kefka's fortress, on the way to fight Poltergeist, I believe. I can't remember for the life of me what it's name is, though.

The Man
02-19-2004, 02:57 AM
Aye, that's the monster (not gonna give any hints as to the name ;)). You can encounter him in one other place other than Kefka's Tower, though, and it's not a random encounter. :p

DocFrance
02-19-2004, 04:32 AM
Ultima Buster (AKA Atma Weapon II)

The Man
02-19-2004, 05:47 AM
not even close

it's not a boss, it's a random encounter in the one part of kefka's tower you can find it in.

ultima buster was quite a pansy really

;_;

Del Murder
02-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Doom dragon.

The Man
02-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Murder is right. He just has to say where you can encounter them besides Kefka's tower and he can ask the next question. ;)

Del Murder
02-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Collesium.

After getting Shadow back, what item do you receive for wagering the Striker at the Collesium?

Strider
02-19-2004, 07:03 AM
I'm fairly sure you just get it back again. I'll hold off on askin' until I get a yea or nay.

m4tt
02-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by El Mariachi
I'm fairly sure you just get it back again. I'll hold off on askin' until I get a yea or nay.

You do get the striker again.

Flying Mullet
02-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Quiz us day-after-birthday-boy! :)

Del Murder
02-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Strider is correct.

Strider
02-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Sweet. Alright, let's see. . .

What are the towns in which you can encounter enemies through the game?

Flying Mullet
02-19-2004, 07:34 PM
I might have gone overboard with these answers

Narshe (all over the place)
Figaro Castle (kinda, you fight the MagiTek Armors when running away with Terra and then in the basement in the WOR)
South Figaro (stealing with Locke)
Zozo (all over the place)
Opera House (Opera scene in the WOB and the Dirt Dragon in the WOR)
Vector (In the shack in town where you can heal afterwards, in the MagiTek research facility, Guardian and the soldiers while dinner is being made)
Esper Town (outside of it when you hold off Kefka)
Molbiz (fighting off Phunbaba, twice)
Thamasa (the burning house)

Whew, is that what you were looking for?

Strider
02-19-2004, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't really count Figaro Castle as a town. Same with the Opera House, the Magitek facility, or the bridge to the Esper World. Technically, they're not towns.

You got all of what I was lookin' for with all of the other ones, though. ;) Your ups.

Flying Mullet
02-19-2004, 08:54 PM
okay, here goes:

How do you obtain Illumina (other than glitching)?

Strider
02-19-2004, 08:54 PM
You bet the Ragnarok sword at the Colloseum, right?

Flying Mullet
02-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, that's it. You might have to bet the Excalibur inbetween, but I'm not sure so I'll count that as correct. Your go.

Strider
02-19-2004, 09:26 PM
This one might be tough. Heh heh.

During the battle with Vargas, Sabin will step in to try and save the day. When Vargas tries to blow the party away with a special move, in what order do your characters get blown off the screen?

Bonus points if you know the name of the move Vargas uses.

The Man
02-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Yeah, I've known the Atma Weapons thing for ages. Kefka is a bloody pushover.

The monster you're looking for is Retainer.

What's the first Rage Gau can get that can cast Fire 2?

Flying Mullet
02-20-2004, 03:10 AM
Bomb I believe.

If I'm right, what's the first Rage Gau can get that can cast Bolt 2?

Storm
02-20-2004, 05:16 AM
[SB]If I'm right, what's the first Rage Gau can get that can cast Bolt 2?

I believe that would be a Ghost.

Okay, give me a detailed explanation of how you can make Shadow leave the party so that nobody else is left in the party. When this happens, you are simply left to stare at a normal screen, except there is no character sprite and you cannot move. You can, however, go to the characters menu...but there are no characters in it.

Strider
02-20-2004, 06:27 AM
I would think you'd have to buy his services in Kohlingen on the search for Terra, then head back to Narshe to change your party. Put Shadow in the party by himself, then let it happen?

ForeverZeroUltima
02-20-2004, 08:31 PM
i doubt it. i've tried that once, didn't work out. He left right when i entered Narshe...he said something about not belonging there....

Strider
02-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Then, in that case. . .

When you first meet him, kill off Sabin (and if you have him, too, Cyan), then let Shadow fight until he runs away?

Wrexsoul
02-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Man, that's a hard one. I'm not even sure he'd just decide to leave a party when he's by himself (and it sounds like if you'd try it might take a while, considering it's pretty random).

Although... I once equipped him with dragoon boots and had him jump during a battle, but it ended before he had the chance to come down. I can't remember for the life of me what he said from up there(this all took place before the victory dance and such), but he wound up ditching the party.

So maybe if you have him by himself in battle, and he'd have jumped and not come down by the end of it.... but that poses the problem that someone would have to be there to strike the finishing blow...... so maybe if the last enemy had that one status ailment that counts down to death, and it reached 0 before Shadow could come back down... and he decides to ditch from up there?

It's speculation, but that's what I could come up with without racking my brain too hard. :mad: That's a real doozy there, Storm.

Storm
02-22-2004, 06:12 AM
Okay....here's what you have to do.

Immediately after defending the esper at Narshe against Kefka, you need to select a party to find Terra. Select ONLY Gau in the party. You then make your way to Kohlingen and ask for Shadow's services. Then, with only Gau and Shadow in the party, you must go to the Returner's hideout and down the Lete River(there is another raft there for some reason). You will end up at the exact same spot Sabin starts at in his individual scenario. Then make your way through the Phantom Forest, down Baren Falls, and into the Veldt. When you get into an encounter on the veldt, make Gau leap. Now Shadow will be the only person left in the party. Following this, go through serpent trench and enter Narshe. Shadow will then say "my services are no longer needed", and leave the party. Unfortunately nobody is left in the party, so the screen is stuck looking at the entrance to Narshe.

The Man
02-22-2004, 09:29 PM
btw the rage I asked for is actually Templar. Bomb does Blaze, which isn't Fire 2 (although it's arguably as good)

feel free to carry on though.

ForeverZeroUltima
02-23-2004, 01:23 AM
*reads Wrexsoul's post and gets an idea*

you know those few enemies that lose health all by themselves? well, get into a fight with a group of those, kill all but one, then have shadow jump. the last one will die, and shadow's gone. dunno if it'll work though.

ok...Storm. Ask another question...easier this time, please.

Storm
02-23-2004, 02:25 AM
Okay, I'll give an easy one for now.

How many times do you encounter Ultros? Make sure to list all locations.

Strider
02-23-2004, 02:39 AM
On the Lete River, at the Opera House, on Crescent Island, and on the Airship while fighting the IAF. And then there's his receptionist job at the Colosseum.

That's five.

Storm
02-23-2004, 05:14 AM
That's correct, your turn El Mariachi.

Strider
02-23-2004, 06:11 AM
Mmm. . .

Not counting the final battles upward to Kefka, how many boss fights are there in Kekfa's Tower?

ForeverZeroUltima
02-24-2004, 09:11 PM
let's see...first party fights...no one but Guardian, then your choice of either Goddess or Doom. Second party fights Atma Weapon, Thunder Dragon and Poltergeist or another goddess statue. Third party fights Inferno, Skull Dragon, and the last goddess statue.

yeah i think that's...eight.

Flying Mullet
02-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Just to clarify, are you looking for all boss fights or required boss fights?

ForeverZeroUltima
02-27-2004, 01:27 AM
all boss fights: 8
required: 5