PDA

View Full Version : can't. . .seem. . .to use. . .any. . .magic!

ChocoboRider
02-17-2004, 03:40 PM
while i was playing ff5, just before titan, and i redid all my abilities. I gave Lenna X-magic and something else, but when i fought, i went to the x-magic menu and found. . .NOTHING! no spells were there. HELP ME!

i want my magic back.
please?

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 04:10 PM
You have to have at least one spell type in your abilities too. X-Magic on it's own won't do anything, but X-Magic with Black will allow you to cast black magic twice. So either being a Black Mage with X-Magic or a Mimic or Normal class with X-Magic and Black equipped will allow you to cast black magic twice, or any other magic type that you equip.

ChocoboRider
02-17-2004, 04:17 PM
the prob w/ that is, i tried being normal class and equiping b-magic and x-magic. still no spells. it used to work. i used to have it like this:

Lenna- w-magic & x-magic.

she could cast any spell i had

Galuf- b-magic & x-magic

he could also cast any spell i had

this sucks! i hate having to change jobs!

DocFrance
02-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Actually, X-Magic on its own should give you the first three levels of Black and White Magic. Not that that helps your problem or anything...

eestlinc
02-17-2004, 09:16 PM
it depends on what level of black magic each character has obtained. if galuf only has the lowest level of black magic, giving him !black won't help much.

ChocoboRider
02-17-2004, 10:06 PM
the problem is, all of my characters are masters at all the jobs i have so far. it just doesnt want to work.

Lost
02-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Masters? Good bloody lord. I didn't master any good job (berserk isn't a real job) till I got to the Void.

ChocoboRider
02-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah. The thing is, I am currently using an emulator, and I hacked the program to <ahem> speed things up a bit. I can't get to the levels, though. I have to progress in them normally. Still, I am hoping for some answer that will allow me to use magic like I did in those days. Back in the day when it was good...and powerful...and easy to come by. . . . .

METEO!!!!!

And in case u wondered, no the cheat did not mess it up. Of this i am sure.