PDA

View Full Version : Table for 2...*arf* I mean 3

edczxcvbnm
02-17-2004, 03:50 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=757&e=10&u=/ap/20040217/ap_on_re_us/pet_dining

So appearntly Hawaii wants to let animals go out to eat with humans.

I pose the question of 'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?'

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Sad thing is that after living near Boulder you tend to not be so shocked at these things. There are cafes and such out here that cater to both humans and pets, with pet foods on the menu.

edczxcvbnm
02-17-2004, 03:55 PM
:Oo: Boulder is in Colorado right? I use to think Colorado was cool but now. I am not so sure.

escobert
02-17-2004, 04:00 PM
yeah...thats kinda freaky...

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
:Oo: Boulder is in Colorado right? I use to think Colorado was cool but now. I am not so sure.
Yeah, it's in Colorado, although most of us around here say that Boulder is in the "People's Republic of Boulder" that way we can disown it when it embarasses us, which is way too often.

Maxico
02-17-2004, 04:02 PM
oh phew. For a second I genuninly thought it was about letting animals EAT humans. After that though it seems pretty tame.

Skogs
02-17-2004, 04:04 PM
I used to live in Germany and there it was pretty common for pets to be allowed into restaurants. However, bringing your children was another matter entirely...

Mikztsu
02-17-2004, 04:06 PM
I remember when we were in Algarve, Portugal in some outside restaurant near the harbor.

3 gay dogs suddenly ran in and they started making love. It was hilarious. Especially the part how they just ran in and started doing it. Waitresses and everyone were laughing and didn't first even bother to drive them away. :)

Bernhard
02-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Skogs
I used to live in Germany and there it was pretty common for pets to be allowed into restaurants. However, bringing your children was another matter entirely...
That's because children have the nasty habit of having screaming tantrums. They're a lot more annoying as far as my experiences go. :aimsmile:

Shlup
02-17-2004, 06:33 PM
...We think this is not cool? I think its neat!

edczxcvbnm
02-17-2004, 06:38 PM
While I wouldn't mind taking my dog down to the 4 star resturant with my family I am sure that the person who is alergic to dogs would. Also I am sure that 4 star resturant would greatly appreciate our dog running about the table barking and begging for food.

On top of that most people let their kids run loose which isn't too bad but if they do that then imagine what they would let their dog get away with. Its not like they wear diapers or anything and while most(I would hope)would know where and where not to go there are always those people.

Shlup
02-17-2004, 06:46 PM
So don't let kids in either.

Dr Unne
02-17-2004, 06:47 PM
What about hygeine? What happens when the dog craps all over the chairs/tables, and then other people have to eat there? What about someone bringing some filthy nasty flea-bitten yard-dog to a restaurant? That has to violate health regulations. What about the noise? What about dog fights? My parents have only two dogs, and even they can barely get along with each other while eating. Dogs get crazy and defensive when there's food around.

<i>On top of that most people let their kids run loose which isn't too bad but if they do that then imagine what they would let their dog get away with.</i> --ed

Yes, screaming babies are more than enough, let alone animals. If they let dogs into restaurants here I'd never eat in one again in my life.

Flying Mullet
02-17-2004, 06:50 PM
I would get pissed if a dog's way of saying "Hi" and "I want a bite of your steak" is by humping my leg and while I eat.

People feel differently about animals and while someone finds a slobery kiss on the face cute and affectionate another finds it disgusting. Most pet owners aren't responsible enough with their pets to control them properly in public, hence leash laws, and resuarants would have to be even more strict.

And that's why I think it's a bad idea.

edczxcvbnm
02-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
So don't let kids in either.

Kids don't run around begging for food and if they do they can be controlled a lot more because they have the ability to comprehend complex language like we are currently speaking. That blame falls on the parents so don't let the parents in. Kids also don't run around crapping everywhere in site like a dog might.

Also people are not allergic to kids. Those people are just jerks :D