PDA

View Full Version : Need help with something.

MrFrost
02-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Alright this question is for those die hard fans who played the game inside and out, plus i cant quite remember the answer anyhow. it would be a real big help if someone would know this !

Alright this only happens during battle and i am guessing after a failed attack ( skill ) but what is that little thing that jumps out on the screen and does nothing but make a weird noise. it has a name and i need to know what it is but i cant remember it for the life of me. i remember seeing it on the bottem of the screen when it popped out. anyhow please let me know if you remember what this things name was and what it did i couldent find it anywhere on this site.

BG-57
02-17-2004, 07:16 PM
That's very vague.

Do you perhaps mean the tapir? In Japanese mythology, tapirs eat dreams, so the tapir randomly appears during battle to wake up unconscious party members.

It looks like a little grey pig.

Strider
02-17-2004, 08:00 PM
You might be talking about Shadow. Every once in a while, his dog Interceptor will come out and block an attack, at which point the dog can counterattack randomly and dish out some heavy damage.

There's also the little shields that pop up by blocking physical attacks and various magic attacks. And then there's the little. . . X-lookin' thingy. That's all I can think of at the moment.

DocFrance
02-17-2004, 08:35 PM
I think he's talking about the Lagomorph that appears when you mess up Setzer's slots.

Lost
02-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Shadow's dog is the only thing I can think of. His name is Interceptor.

MrFrost
02-18-2004, 03:25 PM
your right it was Lagomorph it kind of looked like a bunny right ? thanks so much DocFrance means alot. now does anyone know whats a lagomorph is lol ?

Flying Mullet
02-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Lagomorph is when you use Setzer's slots and you don't get any winning combinations (i.e. three of a kind or whatever). The little bunny thing appears on the screen and your party gets healed a token amount of hit points, like 2% of you max hit points or something.

The Man
02-19-2004, 02:58 AM
Mugu mugu?

DocFrance
02-19-2004, 04:30 AM
I'm not really sure what a lagomorph is in real life, but I think it has something to do with rabbits. Max from "Sam & Max Hit the Road" referred to himself as a lagomorph.

Flying Mullet
02-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Ha, you were asking what a lagomorph is, not what the ability is. Doh!

Here's a definition I found from dictionary.reference.com:

lag·o·morph (n.)
Any of various plant-eating mammals having fully furred feet and two pairs of upper incisors and belonging to the order Lagomorpha, which includes the rabbits, hares, and pikas.