PDA

View Full Version : "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net"

Peegee
02-18-2004, 02:15 AM
I think that's false advertisement. Are we really that big? If I'm wrong, then congratulations to everybody yay!

Discuss whether we are really that big. Statistical cluttering is expected. Where do you see EoFF in a decade? Deleted? Moved to a server in New Mexico? Spammed to death by PG?

Erdrick Holmes
02-18-2004, 02:22 AM
I think we are actually. I mean look at the frontsite, so much cool FF related content that's accurate. It's also a good comunity.

Peegee
02-18-2004, 02:23 AM
I mean that 'community' implies the forums, unless a webpage has like several hundred/thousand staffers. Do we really have that many (active) members?

Del Murder
02-18-2004, 02:25 AM
I don't know if we are that, but I find it ugly up there where it describes which forum/thread you are in.

Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net > General > General Chat > "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net" - ugly

Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums > General > General Chat > "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net" - pretty, well, except for Ghetto's absurdly long thread title

In a decade the site will still be here but I don't think the forums will be. The world will have a new fad by then.

Linus
02-18-2004, 02:27 AM
Bullcrap. BoB and I will keep it alive and continue insulting Raistlin AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE.

Peegee
02-18-2004, 02:31 AM
So EoFF forums will be just one thread with two posts that say 'Raistlin sucks' ? Pretty sad

Erdrick Holmes
02-18-2004, 02:39 AM
'bout time you caught on.

Linus
02-18-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
So EoFF forums will be just one thread with two posts that say 'Raistlin sucks' ? Pretty sad

It won't be sad to US.

zacks_clone
02-18-2004, 02:45 AM
Aye,i'll still be here...That is,if i get a laptop by the time I go off the collage.Yeah dude,i'll be here.

Anyways,I think this place is really big.I mean,there are alot of members comming in,you usualy ALWAYS see 'newest member is' with somone new down there every day(maybe twice a day).Always somone on(even when everyones supposed to be at school or asleep...i look guys:D) and thats because of the time diffrences.This site is most def. one of the larges,if not the larges.

DocFrance
02-18-2004, 02:52 AM
I don't think I could stand some of you people for ten years. I doubt any of you could stand me for that long, anyway.

escobert
02-18-2004, 03:13 AM
I'll ALWAYS be here :)

Yamaneko
02-18-2004, 03:13 AM
This is the greatest thread ever!

crono_logical
02-18-2004, 03:15 AM
FF:WA seems to be larger, but I'm not sure since you have to register to be able to see anything much there - something I can't really be bothered to do :p

Originally posted by Del Murder
I don't know if we are that, but I find it ugly up there where it describes which forum/thread you are in.

Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net > General > General Chat > "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net" - ugly

Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums > General > General Chat > "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net" - pretty, well, except for Ghetto's absurdly long thread title

In a decade the site will still be here but I don't think the forums will be. The world will have a new fad by then. Yes, not only does it look ugly, but the first bit being so long makes it awkward to click the other bits as I usually do often when returning to the forum a thread is in :p I'll try to add a forced line break at the end to the long bit so it's easier on people's eyes :p

Tokki Wartooth
02-18-2004, 03:16 AM
I think EoFF would have more members than FFWA if we didn't keep deleting inactive members and stuff. :</b>(

eestlinc
02-18-2004, 03:20 AM
ff:wa isn't open is the key. ffo either. losers.

Linus
02-18-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Guu
FF:WA seems to be larger, but I'm not sure since you have to register to be able to see anything much there - something I can't really be bothered to do :p

Yes, not only does it look ugly, but the first bit being so long makes it awkward to click the other bits as I usually do often when returning to the forum a thread is in :p I'll try to add a forced line break at the end to the long bit so it's easier on people's eyes :p

OR you could just get rid of it entirely and add that completely ineffective description onto another part of the forums.

crono_logical
02-18-2004, 03:52 AM
Sean added it, not me, so I'm leaving it alone :p

Linus
02-18-2004, 03:54 AM
KILL IT

EXERCISE YOUR POWER

escobert
02-18-2004, 03:59 AM
Revolt against Sean!

RSL
02-18-2004, 04:02 AM
I'd say that FF:WA is fairly similar in size. If you check how many members are browsing each board at any given time, it seems to be fairly close. FFO I can't comment on as I haven't been to that website in probably three years.

Anyway, the Largets Open FF Community on the Net thing reminds me of the EZboard days when we always bragging that we were the second largest Final Fantasy related EZboard or something. Never cared for it much, but eh.

escobert
02-18-2004, 04:04 AM
heh the EZboard days...that was so long ago...I cnat even remember....

crono_logical
02-18-2004, 04:18 AM
I can't remember it either, seeing as I wasn't around then :D

escobert
02-18-2004, 04:22 AM
I was but, I was just brain dead at the time. I remember people like Mik, proto, BoB, PG but other than that I dont remember much. I think it looked the same. or close to how it does now.

RSL
02-18-2004, 04:23 AM
Mik, Proto, BoB, and PG weren't at the EZboard. I don't remember you either unless it was under a different name? Anyway...

escobert
02-18-2004, 04:25 AM
I'm almost positive they were. I was TrowaBartonIV. I dunno maybe they weren't.

Shlup
02-18-2004, 04:25 AM
I don't go to other FF communities, so for all I know its the largest. As for EoFF a decade from now... It'll probably be me and Sean posting pictures of our kids back and forth and everyone else'll get sick of it and run.

Kirobaito
02-18-2004, 04:30 AM
I bet FF:WA is bigger. They seem to get a lot more posts, if that means anything. In ten years, I'll be 25, have a wife and kid, and be making six figures. I would never think of coming back here. Right?

WRONG!

I'll be 25, living in my parents' basement, and staying on here all day, even though I'll STILL have dial-up. I'll prey upon the souls of the rats that sleep next to me...I'll be like Comic Book Guy! I'll spend 600 dollars buying a replica of the moisture farm Luke grew up on.

RSL
02-18-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Bert
I'm almost positive they were. I was TrowaBartonIV. I dunno maybe they weren't.

I'm even more positive that they weren't, and neither were you. Anyway, we could go back and forth all day.

Originally posted by ShlupQuack
As for EoFF a decade from now... It'll probably be me and Sean posting pictures of our kids back and forth and everyone else'll get sick of it and run.

You and Sean are going to have kids together?

escobert
02-18-2004, 04:36 AM
I'm pretty sure I joined in late 99 or early 2000. But anyways, I find that thing very annoying since it's soooo darn big.

Evelia
02-18-2004, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I don't think the forums will be here in ten years. I won't be.

escobert
02-18-2004, 04:46 AM
They'll be here. I'll be sitting here posting in them. I have no life now I expect I won't have much of one then.

eestlinc
02-18-2004, 04:54 AM
such beautiful aspirations and goals!

In 10 years I'll be 33.

Dr Unne
02-18-2004, 04:58 AM
I don't like those super-long links either. If we really are the largest FF community or whatever, we don't really need to say it.

Sean
02-18-2004, 06:00 AM
As Del said, it's 'ugly'.
Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net
> General > General Chat > "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net"

Though I thought FFO was bigger?

Peegee
02-18-2004, 06:02 AM
I wasn't around for the EZ Board, and neither was bert.

The Man
02-18-2004, 06:10 AM
FFO is bigger, but it isn't exactly 'open' I guess. Whatever, it looks pretentious to me to have the advertising at the top of the forums, and that's the main thing I didn't like about FFO too - the pretentiousness.

Mikztsu
02-18-2004, 06:34 AM
I joined in December 2000, Bert. And it wasn't EZboard anymore. ;-)

And yeah, I also thought it looks ugly.=)

escobert
02-18-2004, 04:07 PM
Yeah I know, RSL and I Talked outside of the thread.

Loony BoB
02-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Someone must have fixed it.

Anyway, yeah, we are the largest open FF forum community. I'll dig up some dirt on how we're doing overall now.

EDIT: Okay, FFO has FFWA outdone in pretty much every area - but I can't compare EoFF with them because of the prunings and whatnot. They out-do us in members, but that's largely due to the fact that unregistered members can't see their forums.

One thing I CAN say, though, is that we have more FF pages than any other site. We passed FFWA in that area last year.

Baloki
02-18-2004, 06:32 PM
What an irony, the phrase : Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net is actually large, hehe, also the e-mails still have it, and those extra words eat away preasuse bytes from my hard-drive.

*Is an EOFF e-mail-notification collector, is currently upto 1,200*

bennator
02-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Personally, I thought it came across as pretentious and arrogant, and a step in the wrong direction, and I was going to whine in Feedback, but I couldn't be arsed to... nice to see that it's gone.

And, though I can't find a reason why I would still be here in 10 years, I can't find a reason not to be here in 10 years, which is good enough for me.

Cid
02-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc
ff:wa isn't open is the key. ffo either. losers.

Right, that was what open meant. Anyhow, it's ugly and braggy, so it's gone. I was just tired of seeing the boring title in search engines.

Del Murder
02-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Maybe we could stick it somewhere else?

Mikztsu
02-18-2004, 10:11 PM
...or someone should cram it. :bleys

The Man
02-19-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Mikztsu
...or someone should cram it. :bleys Why did you put the bleys smiley in there? Proto's obviously the one who needs to cram it.

also, I would have expected FFO to have more content than FFWA did. Odd to see that I was wrong :o

Dr Unne
02-19-2004, 04:52 AM
FFO has no FF1 section, so I've never liked them. FFWA has no FF1 section either, so the heck with them too. You should put "Eyes on Final Fantasy: We Actually Have an FF1 Section"

Peegee
02-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Is FF1 so obscure that nobody knows enough to make a walkthrough/guide/etc for it?

eestlinc
02-19-2004, 06:54 AM
there's some other site with a good bit of ff content, maybe ffaddicts.but i'm sure they suck too.

Cid
02-19-2004, 07:10 AM
FF2 and 3 are much more obscure.

Del Murder
02-19-2004, 07:23 AM
I actually first found this site looking for help with FF2 :)

Mikztsu
02-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by The Man
Why did you put the bleys smiley in there? Proto's obviously the one who needs to cram it.

Yeah, but Proto gets all mad if someone tells him to 'cram it', so I tried to make more indirect by adding Bleys' smiley. :bleys

The Man
02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Cid
FF2 and 3 are much more obscure. that's so true.

frankly, though, i'm surprised at how few sites really have ff1 and ff2 content, especially seeing as they were just recently re-released in enhanced versions. i'd have expected sites like ffwa and ffo, at least, to have them, given the insane number of people who visit each forum. but apparently not. then again, they don't have open site development forums, which is probably part of the reason eoff has so much better content, but it can't be the whole reason, because eoff had comprehensive ff1-10 sections before the open source forum became public.

Dr Unne
02-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I made FFWA administration the same offer I made EoFF, a few years back; they could have my entire site for their FF1 section. They never did it though. People just don't care about the old games. Their loss though. FF1 is much more popular than people would think. 5.6 million pagehits for my site, and my site is only about one old NES game. If I had the patience to run an MB it'd probably be triple that.