PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute.... EW!

Psychotic
02-18-2004, 03:14 PM
I only just got FFX-2 today, so sorry if this has been posted, but:

- Brother is in love with Yuna
- Rikku is Yuna's cousin, and Cid is her uncle
- Brother is Rikku's brother, and Cid's son
- Brother is Yuna's cousin
- Brother is in love with his cousin.

...DUDE! Did Square-Enix think that one through?

eternalshiva
02-18-2004, 04:44 PM
rotfl you just noticed?

that's why Rikku's always like kicking him and stuff, calling him a sicko and Yuna looks weird all the time when he hits on her. Its quite eerie.

Psychotic
02-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
rotfl you just noticed?

Well YEAH, seeing as I only got the game this morning, like I said in my post :rolleyes2

And that's 2 days before it's even released here, heh heh.

MeriC
02-18-2004, 11:16 PM
yep, it's disturbing alright :eep:

TheAbominatrix
02-18-2004, 11:25 PM
How is it that disturbing? Yes, they're cousins. But for one, nothing comes of it (Yuna and Rikku call him gross for it all the time), and it's not like these people grew up together. Yuna didnt grow up with Brother, they arent close, and they arent becoming close. By all suggestions, they barely knew eachother for their entire lives.

Doesnt seem that big a deal to me.

MeriC
02-19-2004, 12:18 AM
:mad: I have a cousin I barely even know too and if he started hitting on me, I would find it disturbing... wouldn't most people? :rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
02-19-2004, 12:30 AM
And clearly Yuna and Rikku find it disgusting. The game isnt promoting it, clearly. I dont see what's so gross about it in the game, I think it's hilarious.

MeriC
02-19-2004, 12:44 AM
...err yeah, I guess it's kind of funny sometimes... though I still think of it as odd....

crono_logical
02-19-2004, 01:58 AM
Incest or implications of incestual desires happen a lot in anime and other japanese entertainment produce :p

Andrea
02-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Can someone say *drum rolls* ....... ANGEL SANCTUARY!

:p

eternalshiva
02-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Andrea
Can someone say *drum rolls* ....... ANGEL SANCTUARY!

I was just about to say that! ! That is the ultimate example

*Hey Setsuna! What are you doing today?*

*well I figured I'd go see Sarah and see if I can get into her pants today*

*err... isn't she your sister?*

*Well, technically we're angel reincarnations BUT yeah, I love my sister and she loves me*

*Hey Setsuna!*
*Hey Sarah! Wanna run away together and have sex?*
*sounds like a plan*

xD ahh I love that manga!

Sefie1999AD
02-19-2004, 07:21 PM
I don't think that's anything serious. I found it funny and comic when Brother kept "hitting on" Yuna while Yuna was really looking weird and Rikku's either telling Brother to STFU or kicking him.

Kevin Perez
02-20-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
I was just about to say that! ! That is the ultimate example

*Hey Setsuna! What are you doing today?*

*well I figured I'd go see Sarah and see if I can get into her pants today*

*err... isn't she your sister?*

*Well, technically we're angel reincarnations BUT yeah, I love my sister and she loves me*

*Hey Setsuna!*
*Hey Sarah! Wanna run away together and have sex?*
*sounds like a plan*

xD ahh I love that manga!

Speaking of that, could you imagine Rikku's reaction toward the couple if she were in their world? I don't know what would occur, but I know it would be something humorous, and down-right silly.

Rye
02-22-2004, 12:18 AM
It's disturbing alright. I mean, they're not even 2nd cousins. It's really funny sometimes though.

Erdrick the Hero
02-25-2004, 10:33 PM
i think i need to quote dave attele here.

"i think that if you have a hot cousin you should be able to have sex" and... im out

eternalshiva
02-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Kevin Perez
Speaking of that, could you imagine Rikku's reaction toward the couple if she were in their world? I don't know what would occur, but I know it would be something humorous, and down-right silly.

hahaha! She would go on a "poopie" *kick crap around* rampage xD

Rainecloud
02-26-2004, 07:28 AM
I didn't even notice until I read this thread. Goodness me, I need to pay more attention to the game. And as for it being 'disturbing' and 'disgusting?' No, of course it isn't - it's just a bit of lighthearted fun.

Flare_Star
02-26-2004, 02:59 PM
i think it is disturbing and disgusting.

Lamia
02-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Heh. That's pretty funny. :p

Yrkoon
02-26-2004, 05:29 PM
lol its well funny probly best bit in the game :P

Kirbz
03-08-2004, 02:00 AM
you're all missing something here - its actually perfectly LEGAL to marry and have sex with your cousin

its not incest, and it doesn't necessarily produce mal-formed offspring (though there is a small risk)

In the eyes of the law, theres no problem with it at all

That is of course speaking from a British view-point, i can't speak for Japan or any of your own countries....

Mo-Nercy
03-08-2004, 10:09 AM
It figures that the Brits would marry their cousins. :p

Brother is gross and disturbed.

Rye
03-08-2004, 12:03 PM
xD It's illegal in America, except I think in Alabama and states like that.

Dreamtiger42
03-08-2004, 04:31 PM
wanna talk about ewww! wot about lulu and wakka? when the hell did they get it together! they hated each other in FFX!

DMKA
03-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Its hilarious, but if it was a real life situation that'd just be gross and ahhhh wrong...

In Oklahoma it seems to be a tradition though*____*.

And yeah, in some anime incest is just taken like its perfectly fine while I've seen others where they're like most of us and they're like "hey he's my cousin you perve EWWW!"

Oh, BTW, has anyone here besides me played Xenogears? Bart and Marguritte/Margie....AHHHHH! That was by far more disturbing than any other vid game relationship I can remember.

Kevin Perez
03-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Well, I have no problems with incest in anime, mostly because the relationship between incestous lovers in Japanese animation don't bother me as much. However, in real life, well, maybe so-so, but not by much.

Xander
03-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Rainecloud
I didn't even notice until I read this thread. Goodness me, I need to pay more attention to the game. And as for it being 'disturbing' and 'disgusting?' No, of course it isn't - it's just a bit of lighthearted fun.

Ditto. ^_^

And yeah, it's funny xD

m4tt
03-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I think it's HOT.

TheAbominatrix
03-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by brokensailor8335
Oh, BTW, has anyone here besides me played Xenogears? Bart and Marguritte/Margie....AHHHHH! That was by far more disturbing than any other vid game relationship I can remember.

I have, but that's actually very common in royalty. I dont know how much it happens these days, but it was extensively common in the 'olden days'. Royalty believed they were of a special breed, and hence they didn't want to marry anyone 'beneath' them. Usually they married a cousin or distant relative to keep the bloodline pure.

DMKA
03-09-2004, 12:20 AM
I have, but that's actually very common in royalty. I dont know how much it happens these days, but it was extensively common in the 'olden days'. Royalty believed they were of a special breed, and hence they didn't want to marry anyone 'beneath' them. Usually they married a cousin or distant relative to keep the bloodline pure.
LoL...yeah, I'm very aware of that, but I still find it icky.

Icky...yeah, thats the word I've been looking for.

eternalshiva
03-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Gau
I think it's HOT.

Why am I not surprised you would think that was hot?? xD *huggles Gau*

Paine
03-09-2004, 01:57 AM
I think it's hilarious, despite the fact that it's kinda weird. It adds more humor to the game. Besides, like Abominatrix said, nothing comes out of it.

DMKA
03-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Gau
I think it's HOT.
No...that scene in FFX where Tidus was holding Jecht and getting all huggy and cuddley with him...now THAT was hot.

Paine
03-09-2004, 09:11 PM
No...that scene in FFX where Tidus was holding Jecht and getting all huggy and cuddley with him...now THAT was hot.

ok, now that's...just sick.

Breine
03-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Brother is just twisted :D

Actually it's legal to marry your cousin in Denmark *_*

xenapan
03-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by brokensailor8335

... *runs away*

Ariel
03-20-2004, 02:05 AM
It would be disturbing if it was being done seriously, but the way it's carried off in the game is very funny. xP