PDA

View Full Version : Your online chatting habits...

White Raven
02-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Being on Reading Week (a week long schooling break in Ontario Universities), I have found myself spending endless hours just chatting to friends on my MSN list. Regularly I only chat to certain friends when I have nothing else to do, and I keep it closed when I'm working on homework or whatnot, so to cause no distractions. I have exactly 40 people on my MSN contact list, with most of them being friends from school. So how are all of your chatting hbits like? Do you chat to people all the time that your on the net or is it just when there is something crucial to say to someone? And how many people are on your MSN/ICQ/whatever list?

(BTW if anyone out there is interested, they can add me to their own MSN without complaint from me)

Mr. Graves
02-18-2004, 09:20 PM
I suck at starting conversations with people. I have people on my list I've never chatted to from EoFF, and I always, always wonder if I'm intruding on whatever they're doing and that I'm bothering them. I always like having convos started, but meh. I guess everyone is different.

TheAbominatrix
02-18-2004, 09:23 PM
My online conversations these days consist of 'you suck' 'no, you suck'. I dont like chatting on the net much anymore.

Yamaneko
02-18-2004, 09:26 PM
So how are all of your chatting habits like?
Depends what person I'm "chatting" with. I can be somewhat distant to certain people and really open towards others. I wouldn't take it personally though.

Do you chat to people all the time that your on the net or is it just when there is something crucial to say to someone?
Now that I'm temporarily free from school and work I find myself chatting with people more.

And how many people are on your MSN/ICQ/whatever list?
AIM: 30 or so people
MSN: 1 person :D

Evelia
02-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I'm not too good at starting conversations, either. I usually wait for people to IM me first, unless I know them really really well and I know I won't be bothering them.

I don't go on AIM nearly as much as I used to, though.

m4tt
02-18-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't like messaging people. There are only certain people that I message. And they know who they are. :p

Denmark
02-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Graves
I suck at starting conversations with people. I have people on my list I've never chatted to from EoFF, and I always, always wonder if I'm intruding on whatever they're doing and that I'm bothering them. I always like having convos started, but meh. I guess everyone is different.

Yeah, that's me. If I have something that I have to ask someone, I'll IM them, no problem, really.

AIM: 67 people. Zygote613, if you wanna add me, I don't care. I'll rarely, if ever, start IMs.

MSN: 3 people that I've ever talked to. shocked_emoticon@hotmail.com if you wanna add me.

And I use mIRC a lot. I'm usually on #eoff, and rarely on #ffi. That's it, though.

Kirobaito
02-18-2004, 09:58 PM
I posted this in EoEO, but meh.

I have some people from EoFF on MSN that I don't know who they are. If you know who they are, tell me:

**[THT]**Zero
Broken Mirror (This is Jenova Rebirth, I think)
Godard
Gren (Spatty)
Guess (Giga Guess, he doesn't come here anymore)
Siren
Soricainom

Advent Child
02-18-2004, 10:01 PM
I use it to talk when I'm bored. I have 49 on my MSN list right now. It got cut down recently.

Mikztsu
02-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Eventhough I used to dislike MSN, I like it now. It has this cool webcam option where you can see both person's on the same window.=)

People I chat these days can be count with fingers of my right hand.*_* Sometimes I visit AIM, but then I remember how much I dislike talking with 5- 10 people at the same time.

About two years ago I spent hours and hours/day in chatting and had lots of close friends online ( I was even an operator in #EoFF :p), now it's about 30-60 minutes a day. I guess I somehow got bored in chatting. :\ Doesn't mean that I wouldn't care about those people, eventhough I rarely go to talk to them. In my opinion, I just have changed in a certain way in past two years. Doesn't mean you can't add me on MSN: mikztsu@hotmail.com

Del Murder
02-18-2004, 10:41 PM
I have about 40 people on my buddy list but I only talk to 7 of them. Four post (posted?) here, two are friends from college, and one is my brother. I'm not a talkative guy.

Strider
02-18-2004, 10:48 PM
I usually chat to whoever IMs me. I don't normally message someone unless it's terribly important or they're my girlfriend. :)

I have 54 people on my AIM list, and I talk to maybe half of them, at best.

Denmark
02-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Oh yeah, of the 67 people on my AIM list:

39 I know through the internet only, mostly from EoFF.
4 are family.
24 I know through school.

of the 39, I've only talked to 13.

of the 4, I've only talked to 1 (my brother).

of the 24, I've only talked to 16. Some are doubles (two SNs for the same person) that I haven't deleted, or that they still use.

Linus
02-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Most of the time I talk about myself.

I'm an eGOWHOre

RSL
02-18-2004, 11:30 PM
For some reason my AIM list has over 100 people on it, but I can turn on AIM and leave it on for days without getting a message. I don't even know who 90% of them are.

But anyway, I very very rarely chat at all. A couple months ago I was going into the #eoff chatroom quite a bit, but I never really fit in there so I stopped.

White Raven
02-18-2004, 11:51 PM
The person I mainly talk to when I'm back on campus is my girlfriend, but that's a given. I chat to a lot of my school friends that went they're seperate ways after highschool as well. My family chats with me sometimes cause its easier on the phone bill too.

canadianwhiteraven@hotmail.com is mine MSN thingy to all who's interested

Linus
02-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RSL
But anyway, I very very rarely chat at all. A couple months ago I was going into the #eoff chatroom quite a bit, but I never really fit in there so I stopped.

Lies! You just went to the wrong channel.

#analgoatfarmers is where it's at.

eternalshiva
02-19-2004, 04:11 AM
I have a handful of people I chat with, usually those who survive my typonese / Alissonese (as dubbed by Matt) and are brave enough to face my insanity I will chat with *nods* and those who can figure out my sentence cause it just confused me :/ I think I need a comma or something somewhere *ponders* meh who cares.

I have maube about 10 people on there, sometimes weird people add me on and I'm like *do I know you? wtf delete* yeah, I'm a MSN *bark bark* xD But I mainly use it to keep in touch with my best friend who MOVED FOREVER AND EVER to England from New Brunswick :( *is sad* or site staff stuff :/ whatever *goes to bed* all that weird ranting has made me tired...

Sean
02-19-2004, 05:34 AM
I am frequently on AIM and MSN, though not chatting constantly. I have 55 on AIM, though I only talk to about 7 or 8 people now. On MSN I have 51, about half of them never come online, and then out of that half, I only talk to about a fourth of them.

Peegee
02-19-2004, 05:39 AM
me:
Roogie woogie you are poopie
roo
yo
guy
hey
you there
hello
roo:
sup
me:
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
roopoo
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sup
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
sex
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl
asl

and so forth. I'm not kidding.

Yamaneko
02-19-2004, 05:46 AM
Don't ever IM me.

Tokki Wartooth
02-19-2004, 05:50 AM
For the most part, I wait for people to message me first. As for how many people I have on each list:

AIM: 78 (on my main account but I have 3 other accounts I sometimes use EVEN THOUGH I HARDLY EVER USE AIM AT ALL)
MSN: 40
Y!M: 6

I had to reset my MSN and Y!M accounts so that's why I have the least amount of people on those. I used to have 130-odd on MSN, so sad. :</b>(

Peegee
02-19-2004, 06:37 AM
Yams, you aren't good enough for me.

Mikztsu
02-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
*do I know you? wtf delete*

xD

Weird people never add me. :(

Peegee
02-19-2004, 09:46 AM
I just had a discussion with a 15F from shanghai that happened to have 'ninjaarchon' on her list but didn't know why.

Meh.

Leeza
02-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I don't have any online chatting habits because I almost never chat online. I have 35 names on Y!M, 19 on MSN and about 9 on AIM. Every so often I'll log in and find that someone else has added me to their list so I add them to mine, but it's very rare that I ever end up talking to any of these people because, in my opinion, talking to someone requires at least half of my attention at all times. It's not that I don't want to talk to anyone, because I do, but if I can't give at least 50% of my attention, then I don't think that it's fair to the person that I'm talking to. On some occasions that I have had time though...of course, there is no one on. :)

Dr Unne
02-19-2004, 06:21 PM
My AIM list is five people or so. If someone's online and I'm online at the same time, it's usually a forgone conclusion that we'll talk. Thankfully I'm beyond the point of worrying about who IMs who first and such things. But I only tend to talk to my very close friends and family. I used to talk to 27 people at once, but that was at least a year ago. I can't handle that any longer, and it doesn't benefit me anyways. Even two people at once is too much for me now. I try to view online conversations like phone conversations or real-life conversations. I couldn't do two phone calls at once, and I put as much attention into AIM as I do a phone call.

Peegee
02-19-2004, 07:25 PM
I feel like a sloth because I can talk to many many people on IM

Ariel
02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
<b>So how are all of your chatting habits like? </b>
I rarely ever chat to anyone these days, except for a handful of people who IM me from time to time.

<b>Do you chat to people all the time that your on the net or is it just when there is something crucial to say to someone? </b>
I don't chat to people very often. I used to all the time, but I've kind of drifted away from it. There are a few people who I'll talk to regularly, and a few old friends who I still like catching up with now and then, or if I have something important to ask about.

<b>And how many people are on your MSN/ICQ/whatever list?</b>
On my new MSN list? 3. :D One's Greg, the other two are offline friends. I'll probably start adding a few online friends to it soon, I just haven't been much in the mood for chatting lately. *pondering* On my other lists... hrmm. *checks*

MSN ~ 33
AIM ~ 52
Y!M ~ 25

Wind Shear
02-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Chatting Habits - Since some are sucked on starting conversations, I'll try my best to open it. And yeah, I can start with this lines like in IRC: "Wind Shear here!" or in some instant messengers, if I want to chat for the first time, I have to identify myself like "This is Wind Shear of EoFF."

Chatting Situations - I can chat if I am online, of course and if I have free time.

People in Instant Messengers - Let me think... Okay. I have two IM accounts, Yahoo! and MSN to be exact. In Yahoo!, I have five EoFF members, two PFSG (Philippine Flight Simmers Group) members and lots of friends on my contact list. In MSN Messenger, I have four EoFF members in my contact list

Peegee
02-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Due to my typical chat habits, I tend to like people who can actually put up with me.

escobert
02-22-2004, 09:00 PM
I can't put up with you. I talk to PG and a couple friends. Other than that no one...I sit and stare at the screen. you can add me to your AIM list if you wanna but I don't talk much except to PGmoomoo. Loserkidssuck