PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 9

metCloud
02-19-2004, 01:59 PM
I finally got a new graphics card. But when I try to update to DirectX 9 it stops in the middle of installing and says it doesnt pass windows logo testing(and it doesnt have a continue anyway button). only thing i can press is "OK" and the install window exits. Has anyone else had this problem?

Im running Windows XP Home and just got a geforce fx 5200

Endless
02-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Get the latest <a href="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03">drivers</a> from nvidia (make sure you pick international if your default os language isn't English), then try updating dx9 again. If it still fails, you might have a defective card (I have a fx5200 and XP, and dx9 works just fine).

Burtsplurt
02-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Yep, I have the same card and it works fine with the latest nvidia drivers.

Baloki
02-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Or even worse you could have a dud version of DX9 *shock, shock, horror, horror*, doubt it but if the latest drivers whing doesn't work, try re-installing DX9....

crono_logical
02-19-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure what's with you and assuming software is "dud", Baloki - if you download stuff from the MS site like DirectX or patches, then it's extremely unlikely unless your internet connection is really bad and is corrupting stuff without telling you. Even if it was, the installer checks the package for corruptions anyway and will tell you specifically it's a bad copy and you need to redownload it if that's the case. Just plain attempting to reinstall anything blindly isn't gonna help what's causing it to not install in the first place a lot of the times.

Baloki
02-19-2004, 07:53 PM
I have ME, does that answer your dud question?

ME seems to corrupt downloads randomly, my Media Player is now corrupted to a far off firey place, so you can see my cynsistic sources.

*Now uses Winamp*

Peegee
02-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I've used ME, and have never had THAT sort of insanity. What did you do?

Baloki
02-19-2004, 08:00 PM
I played American Pie by Madonna, and the great Direct X dillima occured when I decided to upgrade from 8 to 9.0b