PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take

bokofett
02-19-2004, 07:09 PM
How long does it take to level up to where the average player is at? You know for those of us who won't start playing until the PS2 version comes out.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
a long time unless you get a good party and fight good monsters.... then itl go by fast. but sometimes your not lucky. my lv 15 rdm has trouble finding a party.

Bahamut2000X
02-20-2004, 01:51 AM
At below level 10 it's easy. For the first 4 or so level no matter what class you are you'll level fast. Then as you get higher it changes a bit especially depending on your class.

I found that warrior and monk level fastest at around level 7-11 if you solo, while other classes need to party a bit earlier to get good exp.

At least that's the way I've noticed it.

Although as you get to higehr levels liek around the 20's and such it'll take you maybe about 3 or so hours if your ina good party in a not to populated area, leveling on some good monsters to be able to level. (Although that 3 hours was more so a low guess, usually it's longer most times, especially under not so great conditions)

BatChao
02-29-2004, 11:14 AM
I'd say the average player now is maybe lvl 30 or so, but new people start every day, so it's hard to tell. FFXI is a little slow to level after you hit around lvl 18. That's when you really have to find good groups and get out to where there are better monsters. Once you hit 20, I recommend spending some time in Jeuno and Quifim. There you will find monsters that you will be able to get up to 150xpfrom if you're in a good group. It takes me about 2 or so hours to level there. So I guess you're looking at maybe two weeks or so of playing to get to the average player level. But you might be able to get there in less than a week if you play crazy hardcore.