PDA

View Full Version : LETS USE OR FF KNOWLEDGES!

Karoluz23
02-19-2004, 07:14 PM
HI WELL LASLTY I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT A WAY TO IMPRESS MY GIRLFRIEND YOU KNOW SOMETHING MORE ROMANTIC AND ALL THAT AND WELL I CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA:

WE SHOULD USE THE BEST PHASES IN ALL FF WELL ESPECIALLY FF VIII SO IF YOU WAN TO HELP ME TO MAKE A COMPENDIUM IT WOULD BE GREAT.

AND NOT ONLY LOVE OR ROMANTIC PHASES COULD BE USEFULL MAYBE WE CUT USE SOME "ACTION OR INSPIRING" PHASES AND EVEN THE FUNY ONES COULD BE USEFULL SO I BEG YOU ALL TO HELP ME TO MAKE THIS COMPENDIUM.

THANKS

Flying Mullet
02-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Stop yelling at us! :aimmad:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc15.jpg

Del Murder
02-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Translation:

Hi everyone. Lately I have been trying to come up with a way to impress my girlfriend, you know, something more romantic than leaving the caps lock on all day, and I came up with this idea:

I would make a list of all the great quotes in Final Fantasy, especially Final Fantasy VIII. So if you want to help me with this list, post your favorite Final Fantasy quotes here, and I would be thankful.

It doesn't have to be only romantic quotes, even action, inspiring, and funny quotes would be useful too, so please help me with your quotes to add to my list.

Thank you.

Good luck with all that, kiddo, and this thread is being shipped to General Final Fantasy.

Big D
02-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Video game quotes probably aren't the best way to impress one's girlfriend, but I'm particularly fond of a few Final Fantasy phrases:

Kefka Palazzo, Final Fantasy VI:

"You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!"

Not very romantic, but memorable nonetheless.

Barret Wallace, Final Fantasy VII:

"There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!"

A good inspirational and motivational line.

Cid Highwind, in the same game, has a stirring quote about the team's duty to save the planet.

I only started playing FF X-2 yesterday, but the word "disasterrific" is already embedded in my synapses.

There are plenty of other memorable phrases in the numerous Final Fantasy games, but I'l leave those for others to post.

SomethingBig
02-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Rinoa
"The space suit was in our way before."
"Give me a hug." "A real tight one!"

Say all o' that without the space suit part, unless you want to add in humor.

Squall
"Just stay by my side. "

TheSpoonyBard
02-19-2004, 10:54 PM
'Just sit down and drink your goddam tea!' -- Cid Highwind, FFVII

FEOK
02-20-2004, 01:15 AM
"Call me a TREASURE HUNTER, or i'll rip your lungs out!"- Locke, FFVI.
"You spoony bard!" - Tellah/Tella, FFIV.
"There are more girls in here than grains of sand out there. I can't keep track of them all!"- Edgar, FFVI [No wonder it's his kingdom.]
The Gau, Sabin, and Cyan scene was awesome too, even though I can't remember it.

Inuyasha23
02-20-2004, 01:24 AM
wait wait wait wait wait.....

your going to impress her with quotes from a video game..... allow me to repeat that.....YOU..ARE..GOING..TO..IMPRESS..HER..WITH..
QUOTES..FROM A FRICKEN GAME!!!

This is pathetic. You'ed do better to go to google and type in 'pick up lines' or 'i screwed up, please help'

GEEZ MAN, JUST BUY HER SOME CRAP AND MAKE SURE SHE NEVER FINDS OUT ABOUT THIS IDEA.

TheAbominatrix
02-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Romantic quotes are best from the heart, instead of from a video game, other people, or the internet. Speak to her from the heart, as opposed to stealing lines. I know I, as a gal myself, would appreciate that more.

Big D
02-20-2004, 01:33 AM
Ooh, soft.

DocFrance
02-20-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Ooh, soft. I suggest you use this line with your girlfriend NOW. No doubt she will be impressed.

Mo-Nercy
02-20-2004, 08:55 AM
I suggest you laugh like Tidus and Yuna did at Luca whenever your girlfriend says something.

Peegee
02-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Squall: "who cares"
Squall: "..."

etc

Karoluz23
02-20-2004, 03:19 PM
OK ok I know It is pathetic but I have tried everything (gifts, poems, flowers, etc, etc.) also you have no idea about what kind of woman is she.

Well she is not "normal" but I guess that is exactly her anormality what makes me crasy...

But OK no time for my personal matters, letīs just see this like a compendium of good phrases from FF ok????

And if someone wants to use them well....

Is that better???????

OK thanks

By the way Iīm from Mexico and well the mexican women are very easy to impress.

And that explains my bad english jejejeje....

Bye

Jack
02-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Seriously, this is kinda sad to impress a girl with FF knowledge? If girls get off on this, then I'd had a girl long ago. say something sweet, something kind and something affectionate to her. I dunno, write a poem for her, that'll impress her!

But if you won't desist...

"I'll be your knight" ~Squall to Rinoa

"Just stay close to me" ~Squall to Rinoa

"I'll protect you" ~Squall to Rinoa (sigh)

zacks_clone
02-20-2004, 05:03 PM
"Words arnt the only way to tell somone how you feel" -Tifa,Final Fantasy VII

aye,any guy who could spit off some of my favorite game quotes...I'l be impressed...then again,i'd probly tick him off by correcting him... -.-;;;

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... An overpowering love may consume you in the end."-Vincent,ff7

"If this is all a dream, don't wake me up."Cloud-ff7

Edgar
02-21-2004, 12:44 PM
"I'll be your knight" ~Squall to Rinoa

Romantic, but Squall said that? *cough*

DJZen
02-22-2004, 03:35 AM
As a true romantic, let me give you some advice. Would this work on you? If someone was quoting FF lines to you, would you be moved? It might be amusing, but it's not terribly heartfelt. Try to come up with a memorable quote of your own.

DocFrance
02-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Yeah, something original like "Lorraine, you are my density." (A cookie for whoever can name that movie)

razor248725
02-22-2004, 09:36 AM
I suggest you laugh like Tidus and Yuna did at Luca whenever your girlfriend says something.

lmao:laugh:

yeah that would work real well!!

girlfriend telling joke: why did the chicken cross the road?? to get to the other side of course!!

you(yelling at the top of your lungs): AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.........AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

girlfriend: wtf??

Xander
02-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Big D
I only started playing FF X-2 yesterday, but the word "disasterrific" is already embedded in my synapses.

Me too xD

I like this FFX quote:

Yuna: Stay with me until the end. Please.
Tidus: Not until the end... always.

If a guy quoted romantic FF lines to me it probably would impress me, since it would mean I'd found someone as obsessed with the games as myself. But that's just me being weird. xD

Herbz7
02-23-2004, 06:32 AM
Hold Up!!!
Hmmm... well first thing... are you going to say you quoted that from an FF game? Secondly...DONT...just, make up somin yourself, its not too hard. And it doesnt have to be big, like say she says something just reply with a couple of extra words. iuno...thinkin of example... Ok
She sez "thats so beautiful"
u reply "yeah u r"
Cheesy but they can work... and sry i started shortenin my stuff, no time to write things out.

But good luck NEway in however u impress her:love:

DJZen
02-24-2004, 06:35 AM
To impress someone, you have to strike a chord with them. You need to give them something that resonates with them. Something they care a lot about. As much as I love FF games, they're not my entire life. In fact, if video games would suddenly stop being made tommorow, I probably wouldn't notice. I'm paying a lot more attention to my DJing career right now, but even if someone gave me a great compliment regarding that, it would feel superficial to me. I think that talking about someone's personality (things that they do, views they have, their general mood, etc.) is a much better way to move someone romantically speaking. It worked on me, and it's worked for me. I also try to think of different ways to say things. For example, instead of "you have beautiful eyes" I might say "I am enamored by the infinite depth of your radiant eyes." It's not Shakespeare, it's not even Bacon, but for me at least, it's honest.