PDA

View Full Version : Knives

Dr Unne
02-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Do you have a pocket knife? Do you carry it everywhere you go? Do you constantly play with it and end up cutting your fingers like the clumsy goon that you are?

Flying Mullet
02-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Did someone just cut their finger?

escobert
02-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Yes i have one. No I dont carry it. Yes I play with my pocket knife. I've only cut myself once and I wasn't playing with it that time.

fire_of_avalon
02-20-2004, 08:38 PM
I used to have this really pretty fish shaped pen knife, but I don't know where it went. I've never cut myself on a knife. Who's the goon? I like the word goon.

└┤ ∵├〆
02-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Knifes are dangerous, kids, m'kay?

crono_logical
02-20-2004, 08:53 PM
I have a Swiss Army knife, but I don't carry it with me anywhere, it just stays in my room :p

bennator
02-20-2004, 08:54 PM
No, no, and no.

Del Murder
02-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I cut my finger with a kitchen knife the other day. Does that count?

Loony BoB
02-20-2004, 09:03 PM
I have a Morroccan shephard's knife. I even named it. Blunt'n'rusty. :D It's really cool, though, it has a scabbardy thing and it's all marble-like or something.

MecaKane
02-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Knives are for thugs, and gang members. :(

Loony BoB
02-20-2004, 09:12 PM
A MORROCCAN thug! Actually a New Zealander who lives in Scotland with a Morroccan knife but oh well. Close enough.

http://www.loonybob.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bluntandrusty1.jpghttp://www.loonybob.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bluntandrusty2.jpg

Yamaneko
02-20-2004, 09:13 PM
I also have a Swiss Army Knife. I never carry it around.

Nait
02-20-2004, 09:19 PM
All finns carry traditional <i>puukko</i>s. *_*

Ok, I'm lying. But we SHOULD be. >:O

I have some sort of replica of a knife not unlike Blunt'n'rusty above, bought it off a flea-sale on the Town Square of Lovísa.

Mr. Graves
02-20-2004, 09:23 PM
I want one for protection, but I don't have one. Meh. :(

Advent Child
02-20-2004, 09:32 PM
I have a throwing knife and a lockblade. I don't carry either of them with me anywhere. But I can spin the lockblade and that's fun.

Evelia
02-20-2004, 09:58 PM
I don't own any kind of pocket knife... I only use knives to cut food.

Dr Unne
02-20-2004, 10:27 PM
How can you survive without a knife? What if you have to cut something? Every time I forget my knife, I always end up having to cut something, it never fails. As far as who's the goon, that would be myself.

Mikztsu
02-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Nah

Bahamut2000X
02-20-2004, 10:43 PM
I got a lot of knives. Not just pocket oens but I also got a dagegr and a throwing dagger. I got about 3 swiss army knives, one switchblade type thing, and a about 2 pocket knives. Currently I'm working on getting myself a katana. Too bad I couldn't carry that everywhere without getting arrested.

Erdrick Holmes
02-20-2004, 10:45 PM
I got this old kitchen knife. I like it.

Jebus
02-20-2004, 10:48 PM
I don't have any "pocket" knives, per se. But I do have a really nice bowie knife. As soon as I get a digital camera I'll post a pic.

black orb
02-20-2004, 11:25 PM
>>> I just use them for cut my food..

Bernhard
02-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Whenever I'm volonteering, I always pack my multi-purpose survival knife. That's basically a fancy way of saying "Rambo-knife with appliances". It always comes in handy at least once a week, and I feel a lot less stupid carrying it around knowing that I actually need it. I would never use it the times I happen to be back at home, though.

Denmark
02-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Guu
I have a Swiss Army knife, but I don't carry it with me anywhere, it just stays in my room :p

Logan
02-21-2004, 01:16 AM
I have a red one with a scooby doo sticker on it, from sixth grade. I dunno where it is, and I'm glad. The last time I saw it I cut the tip of my finger, boo.

Meat Puppet
02-21-2004, 01:44 AM
I don't have a pocket knife. But last time I cut myself I accidently slit my wrists and ent up in hospital :D

escobert
02-21-2004, 01:54 AM
Unne how did you become a goon?

War Angel
02-21-2004, 02:01 AM
I have a nice Swiss Army Knife, but I only carry it on trips and such. For protection (rarely), I carry\use a screw-driver. It's pretty effective, and it's not really a weapon, so no-one could say anything.

Peegee
02-21-2004, 02:14 AM
I think people who carry knives are 'overly cautious' (read insane) people who ultimately don't ever need the knife. It's true. Knives are for kitchen(food) use only. Maybe out in the nature world, but not really (just bring dry cereals and oatmeal)

eestlinc
02-21-2004, 02:27 AM
if you'd been a dog they would have drowned you at birth.

Meow
02-21-2004, 03:22 AM
Back in grade school i was on this Cub Scout camping trip. It was your standard group camping trip sort of outing, in that to make up for there being no rain it got so cold that little ice balls formed on the outsides of all the tents. Anyway, that next morning, near the time we'd all be packing up and heading home, all the kids were gathering these huge nuts from some common species of tree in the area to bust open in various different ways. Which mostly meant "pry open with your knife." Anyway, i joined in, as little kids are apt to do, and went to work on my first nut.

Not two seconds later, i'd split nearly my entire thumbnail down the middle because in trying to twist the knife between the two halves of the nut casing i clapped the blade closed on my hand. Needless to say, it was very bloody and i shouted and yelled and cried and generally carried on and it hurt like crazy.

So yeah. Moral of the story? Get pocketknives with lockable blades.

Agent Proto
02-21-2004, 03:33 AM
I got a nailcutter. Does that count? :D

Auron_Kotetsu
02-21-2004, 07:31 AM
I have a machete. And a warhammer. Warhammer does not really count as a knife, but I've injured myself with it so I'm counting it anyway. (You gotta watch that armor-splitting spike on the backswing! It can really dig into, say, an exposed forearm!) I've got a Swiss army knife that's like 2 inches thick and has more attachments than God. No, really. I went to God and counted. this knife has more doohickeys on it than him. I found it in the snow once when I was camping. My little brother broke the main blade by trying to do something stupid with it.

I need a name for my machete... I think I will name it Choppity. Or perhaps Hackitty. I'd give it a better name, but it's a $6 Walmart machete. If I hadn't wrapped the handle in duct- and electrical-tape, it would probably have fallen apart already.

I have attached a picture of Choppity and myself. I was trying to be a pirate at the time. It didn't really work out though. I don't think pirates wear Canada t-shirts. Or drool. Wait, no, they probably do. Good old Choppity.

Breine
02-21-2004, 11:33 AM
I don't have a pocketknife, but I have this knife from the Iron-age (I think?) and it's on my wall... It's not very biog though, but it looks nice :D

Skogs
02-21-2004, 02:53 PM
No, I dont carry a pocket knife with me. If I need to cut something, it can usually be achived with a key.

Peegee
02-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Or tearing it using your arms, teeth, or face.

Harmless Pigeon
02-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Carrying a knife is just dumb. Carrying a knife for protection? Whatever. You are ignorant to buy guns for protection. It's that simple. Take a guess at how many people have been killed by some form of weapon that was originally bought for 'protection'.

When guns and large knives are legal (as they are in America, for example) people carry more guns and large knives. Having a gun or knife in your pocket turns a drunken bar brawl into a killing. Think about that.

ShiggtyLuffLuff
02-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
Do you have a pocket knife? Do you carry it everywhere you go? Do you constantly play with it and end up cutting your fingers like the clumsy goon that you are?

yes, yes, all the time ....i am missing two fingers becuase of me pocket knife, which makes it very hard to type and post things >_o

Killy
02-24-2004, 07:06 PM
I have a Swiss army knife, and I do carry it in my pockets all the time, but the blade isnt lockable, so I would never use it for self-defence, not that I would if it was. I need it where I work.

Misfit
02-24-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm not allowed to be around sharp objects. ^_^!!

escobert
02-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Why not!? I used to love to play with knives. But then my dad gave me a shotgun when I was 12 so I love to play wiht that now :)

HOOTERS
02-24-2004, 11:11 PM
I have a butter knife but I don't take it out with me because well let's face it you don't encounter butter out on the street well except for thursday or should I say butter day but I don't go out then anyway.

Red Wizard
02-24-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't so much have a pocket knife as I have a kukhri. *shrug* That's just the way it goes, I guess.

[Edit] In case you were wondering, it looks kinda like this:
http://www.sword-stone.com/military_kukri.jpg

Harmless Pigeon
02-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Red Wizard
I don't so much have a pocket knife as I have a kukhri. *shrug* That's just the way it goes, I guess.

Freak.

Reason
02-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Knives are pretty, but fire is prettier. I always carry with me matches.

:)

DeathIsMyFreedom
02-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Currently no, no, yes. Violation of probation to posses any weapons such as knives, guns, chains, etc. If i didnt have probation yes i would carry it everywhere i went.

Leeza
02-26-2004, 04:18 PM
I never carry a pocket knife, although there have been times when one could have come in handy. It's not like I don't have one, because I do have a good half a dozen of them, but I try to keep the stuff in my purse down to a minimum and I never carry stuff in my pockets. :)

Dragonflame
02-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Knives are great! Any form of weapon or other destructive object is always fun. Sure you don't want to go around stabbing or shooting random people (the people you shoot and stab should be carefully selected beforehand), but knives and guns are still fun.

Advent Child
02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
I wish butterfly knives were legal in Canada.

Dragonfire
02-26-2004, 10:31 PM
i carry my swiss rmy knife with me all the time. have my keys attached to it as well

Dragonflame
02-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Dragonfire, your name is almost the same as mine.

Yes, I know saying that was random and pointless.*goes to the corner, sits, and thinks about the stupidity of what he's done*

Anyway, it doesn't matter if they're illegal Advent Child. They're illegal in the U.S. too, but I've still seen plenty of people with them.

Vandroiy
03-10-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Red Wizard

Nice. Where did you get it?

In answer to the topic, I have a few knives, and unless I'm going on a plane or somewhere else that I can't bring it, I ALWAYS carry one.

Kinda like an American Express Card: Don't leave home without it.

Advent Child
03-10-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Dragonflame
Anyway, it doesn't matter if they're illegal Advent Child. They're illegal in the U.S. too, but I've still seen plenty of people with them.
I tend to get the ol' "You're a teenager and thus we need to suspect you of murder" too often... Besides they are legal to carry in some states I believe.

Enoki
03-10-2004, 04:38 AM
nope, against my probation.

Doomgaze
03-10-2004, 05:35 AM
An awful lot of you are on probation...

Calliope
03-10-2004, 06:30 AM
It's not fair.

My brother stole my Swiss Army Knife, and a craft knife just doesn't cut it (haha!).

And STUPID JOE won't let me play with guns.

:hat:

Red Wizard
03-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Vandroiy
Nice. Where did you get it? http://www.sword-stone.com it's about $12 or so.

Meat Puppet
03-11-2004, 06:00 PM
I sliced my name into my arm. I was too stoned to fill it with ink, however.

Advent Child
03-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Meat Puppet
I sliced my name into my arm. I was too stoned to fill it with ink, however.
I wish my name was the same as that of an oasis member.