PDA

View Full Version : ffx-2 my first impressions

gokufusionss1
02-21-2004, 07:25 PM
I've just got around 4 hours into the game and to be honest i am very impressed. I was expecting a poor standard but was pleasently suprised, the ATB makes an good return and the new battle system is more interactive and fluid, it also seems the graphics have been vamped up. i'm not sure if they have but there is more going on in the screen at any one moment.
the one thing i dislike is the idea of missions have "mission compleate" appear dispels the illusion in my opionion. But i am more involved in this world wanting to know whats happend to everyone ect.
on the whole this is shapping up to be my faverioute FF since FF8

Brian The Pink Shark
02-21-2004, 08:36 PM
sa duu e zicd kud ed dutyo yht e ys ypud 4 ruinc drnuikr ed duu oac ed ec jano kuut

me too I just got it today and i am about 4 hours through it a swell it is very good:choc:

gokufusionss1
02-21-2004, 09:55 PM
i've just learned of the multipath gameplay and realised how much i've missed allready i've droped 2 garment grids. DAMMIT! also who's the best to give the sphere to new yevon or youth leauge?

~*BedaZZled Wicca*~
02-22-2004, 08:10 PM
I am loving this game so far!

I really like Yuna now, I still liked her in X, but I think she's got a lot more personality, plus she's happy and stuff. Paine is also very cool, I wasn't expecting to like her as much as I do! Love Shinra too! And Tobli! ATB is also very good!

I love it how this game is so camp, there are loads of funny scenes! One scene I found quite humourous was when Yuna has to give Leblanc a massage, my mum heard my playing the game and thought they were having sex lol!

I like the idea of this completion percentage you get a the end also and the game does seem huge! i was checking the guide out - wow the amount of mini-games and subquests! And slightly different endings - gotta love that!

The only kinda dissappointing thing is the music, but some of it is growing on me!

Liking the storyline so far - very intriguing!

FMVs as always great!

I just love the happy/campy tone of this game lol!:)

BedaZZled Wicca*

gokufusionss1
02-23-2004, 11:22 AM
It looks like tidus but it doesn't sound like Tidus and WHO THE HELL SHOT TIDUS AND YUNA WHEN THEY WERE TOGETHER.

Xander
02-23-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm enjoying it so far, although the whole garment grid thing is taking a while to get used to. And what have they done with the battle music??? *cries*

Plus there are some things in battle that are silly, like when you use cure it cures the person at the top of the list, when it's usually defaulted to curing yourself first. Ah, but I like it, only played 4 hours so I'm sure it will grow on me...

m4tt
02-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by gokufusionss1
It looks like tidus but it doesn't sound like Tidus and WHO THE HELL SHOT TIDUS AND YUNA WHEN THEY WERE TOGETHER.

You find out more about that scene later on.

~*BedaZZled Wicca*~
02-23-2004, 10:18 PM

LOL, yeah! Don't how how Rikku thought it was Tidus, he couldn't sound less like him if he tried!

I've done a bit more in the game - now in Bevelle! Afterwards I'm gonna do some levelling up and check out the mini-games in the Calm Lands!

BedaZZled Wicca*

BlackMateria
02-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Bevelle warrior monk shot them, i wouldve thought that was obvious....

i think its really fun but i just wish that they spend a bit more time making it.

bevelle is a huge machina city yet it was 1 screen big in ffx and now its 2 screens big!!!! (Not including the dungeons)

the music isnt as good but its ok and some tunes are great, i miss the zanarkand music.

the story isnt as good and in two game the word "tidus" hasnt been said because you can name him at the star of ffx