PDA

View Full Version : Rudora no Hihou

Marcus
02-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Anyone else here played this RPG? A late SNES RPG, with a magic system that roxxored my soxxs off. I never finished it, I couldn't connect with the characters, but the magic system. wow.

You wrote your own spells, in a way. Every type of spell and element had its own word. You could combine spells by sticking words together, and saving them in your spellbook. A simple principle, but it gave ENDLESS possibilites...

Example:
RA = Fire Elemental Spell
CUR = Cast on Whole party

So, RACUR would be a Fire Spell on all enemies. There were other words too, to boost up the spell, and LOTS of other possibilities too, the thing never got boring...

Anyone?

The Man
02-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Can't say that I've even heard of it, but it sounds interesting. I take it it was developed by Enix; what's the name mean in English?

Marcus
02-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Nope, real SquareSoft work here... Rudra's Treasure, I believe the English title is.. I don't think it was ever ported outside Japan, but there is a rom somewhere on the net, including a translation patch...

Here's a link to a review, inlcuding screenshots (http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/rudranohihou/Rudra_no_Hihou.html)

Lookie here:

...there are approximately 307,759,840,206 different spells that one can cast.

=O

The Man
02-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Hmm... it sounds like it'd be a difficult work to port to English then. If someone can hook me up with a translation, I'll check it out eventually.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2004, 04:07 AM
I've never played it, but from what I know about it, Rudra is a race, not a person, so "Treasure of the Rudra" seems to be the preferred translation.

crono_logical
02-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Oh look, it's ported to english (attachment, patch only) :p

I just haven't had time to check the game out either patched or unpatched yet, but I will eventually :p

DocFrance
02-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Oooh... thanks, Guu. I was actually looking for this last night, but couldn't find any decent tranlations.

The Man
02-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'll have to download that when I get home. Looks excellent.

Big Ogre Umaro
02-25-2004, 07:12 AM
This thread confused me because it looked like Kishi had not heard of this game. By the time I had realized my mistake, the damage had been done and I had already lost respect for him.

We have Aaron to thank. :mad2:

The Man
02-25-2004, 04:35 PM
You're welcome, Mikey. *patpat*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Ugh.